Author Topic: My own angle on this incident and steriods  (Read 3248 times)

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
My own angle on this incident and steriods
« on: December 25, 2005, 08:39:16 AM »
Well I am new to this board and I don't want to profess myself as an insider or having a particularly acute angle on this recent calamity with  Craig Titus but I hope to voice a little background of my own angle and then ask for you opinions. 

Myself, I used to be an "aspiring" bodybuilder at 6ft. 4in. and 252lbs in 97 and Craig came to my gym in Oxnard, CA to talk about bodybuilding.  I myself had just turned 24 and was really strong but, hoping to lift for the gym's powerlifting team which had one 2 California state titles.  There were 6-8 "dudes" that I aspired to be as strong as, none of them I will name.  Suffice to say one was the strongest cop in the world, one won his pro card in 1998, and a few competed on the national level in 3 lift powerlifting.  All in all, good guys, maybe an "asshole" or two but in hindsight, I am now aware that EVERY ONE of them was on some form of anabolic, at least half the year.  Well I gave up my hard core goals to be a bodybuilder way back in 1998 because I couldn't get stronger than these guys and now that I know they were all juicing, I wish I had not. 

But enough of me, on to the Craig Titus thing.  Anyways, Craig went to prison in 97-98ish and he was incarcerated not far from where I live, north of me in either Lompoc or SLO, now I can't quite recall.  But I wrote him a letter about how he ought to get is act together and learn to respect the law and police officers, and how he ought to spend some time reading to expand his knowledge base and scope beyond his self.  Well I got some type of letter back from his press agent or whatever (might have been from him) wanting me to write certain people on his behalf.  Of course I never did and was really suprised to see him back on the scene not long after he was released.

What am I getting at?  Well obviously a headliner in this sport is headed up river on yet another capital murder charge.  I wonder why there is no social stigmatism within bodybuilding's inner circles that self judges.  I myself an not against anabolic assistance, although I wouldn't use myself.  I know so many guys that have...but I have seen the obsession it leads to.  A close friend of mine from the teenage years (female) got into the local scene and we have a lot of guys and gals that do the Cal from around here so she got in with these people and low and behold, 3 years later won the Ms. California.  Well she has a gym now and I have been over there but I must say, she certainly is a changed person...and NOT FOR THE BETTER.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: My own angle on this incident and steriods
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 08:44:37 AM »
For whatever reasons bodybuilding attracts and caters to a lower socio-economic demographic, unfortunately. That combined with the overall environment affects many of them for the worse; some are able to avoid it.

From a limited sampling i'd say that the european BBs don't seem as stuck in certain patterns.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 08:45:56 AM »
Well I am new to this board and I don't want to profess myself as an insider or having a particularly acute angle on this recent calamity with  Craig Titus but I hope to voice a little background of my own angle and then ask for you opinions. 

Myself, I used to be an "aspiring" bodybuilder at 6ft. 4in. and 252lbs in 97 and Craig came to my gym in Oxnard, CA to talk about bodybuilding.  I myself had just turned 24 and was really strong but, hoping to lift for the gym's powerlifting team which had one 2 California state titles.  There were 6-8 "dudes" that I aspired to be as strong as, none of them I will name.  Suffice to say one was the strongest cop in the world, one won his pro card in 1998, and a few competed on the national level in 3 lift powerlifting.  All in all, good guys, maybe an "asshole" or two but in hindsight, I am now aware that EVERY ONE of them was on some form of anabolic, at least half the year.  Well I gave up my hard core goals to be a bodybuilder way back in 1998 because I couldn't get stronger than these guys and now that I know they were all juicing, I wish I had not. 

But enough of me, on to the Craig Titus thing.  Anyways, Craig went to prison in 97-98ish and he was incarcerated not far from where I live, north of me in either Lompoc or SLO, now I can't quite recall.  But I wrote him a letter about how he ought to get is act together and learn to respect the law and police officers, and how he ought to spend some time reading to expand his knowledge base and scope beyond his self.  Well I got some type of letter back from his press agent or whatever (might have been from him) wanting me to write certain people on his behalf.  Of course I never did and was really suprised to see him back on the scene not long after he was released.

What am I getting at?  Well obviously a headliner in this sport is headed up river on yet another capital murder charge.  I wonder why there is no social stigmatism within bodybuilding's inner circles that self judges.  I myself an not against anabolic assistance, although I wouldn't use myself.  I know so many guys that have...but I have seen the obsession it leads to.  A close friend of mine from the teenage years (female) got into the local scene and we have a lot of guys and gals that do the Cal from around here so she got in with these people and low and behold, 3 years later won the Ms. California.  Well she has a gym now and I have been over there but I must say, she certainly is a changed person...and NOT FOR THE BETTER.
respect the law and police officers ??? my best friend in highschool was a cop and beat the shit of a guy he hancuffed to a chair durring questioning( it was a totally innocest guy  who was picked up by mistaken idenity), now this little 5 foot 6 guy who wieghs 140 lbs is now going to prison! maybe cops should start respecting the law first before exspecting the public to! this little f**k, my former best friend did more juice then anyone on this board and still was 140 lbs, so his little insecurity complex finally drove him off the deap end! and will now have his tiny ass creamed in!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 08:46:54 AM »
252 at 6'4", WOW, you're a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, HAHAHAHA. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!