Author Topic: I spent the last 2 1/2 months in bed  (Read 19326 times)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Re: I spent the last 2 1/2 months in bed
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2013, 12:47:32 PM »
 ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
I keep checking this thread to see if there is any content related to achilles tendon rupture surgery and recovery.

I am curious about the procedure that you received as it was not even offered to me in my (supposedly) high-tech health care area of Greater Boston. I got a standard reattachment.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2013, 01:16:52 PM »
Haha! Whether I look good or not doesn't take away from that fact that you look like shit.  HTH.

Translation ; I'll stick to being a typical internet big mouth  that doesn't back up his words

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »
In order to realize my posts as witty or funny you would need a strong intellect and a sense of humor.

I'll be studying these fine posts by you with my professor and perform a deep analysis on the brilliant mind that has come up with such eloquent master pieces. I humbly thank you for the inspiration.

"you look like a roided out pile of smashed assholes"
"get the fuck out of here you idiot"
"what a tool"
"your reasoning seems shittier than your build if it were possible"
"you are stuck with that shitty structure of yours"
"you might enjoy sucking dick"

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »
I keep checking this thread to see if there is any content related to achilles tendon rupture surgery and recovery.

I am curious about the procedure that you received as it was not even offered to me in my (supposedly) high-tech health care area of Greater Boston. I got a standard reattachment.
I am in my 8th week. Ditched the orthetic or whatever it's called moon boot and now I use when I go out a couple of siliconed pads left and right of the ankle.. still crutches .. I slowly put the fut down and soon roll it like during a normal step. Probably will be walking normally after the 3 month mark.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »
I am in my 8th week. Ditched the orthetic or whatever it's called moon boot and now I use when I go out a couple of siliconed pads left and right of the ankle.. still crutches .. I slowly put the fut down and soon roll it like during a normal step. Probably will be walking normally after the 3 month mark.

I am just under six weeks post surgery. I am in the moon boot now, just got out of the casts. I start PT on Monday and I am supposed to walk without crutches in the moon boot. The standard protocol for ATR is pretty conservative, since I guess reinjury is common. I have been talking to various PTs in the area and they all say that the hard part is getting folks to SLOW DOWN, rather than try harder.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2013, 03:11:47 AM »
I am just under six weeks post surgery. I am in the moon boot now, just got out of the casts. I start PT on Monday and I am supposed to walk without crutches in the moon boot. The standard protocol for ATR is pretty conservative, since I guess reinjury is common. I have been talking to various PTs in the area and they all say that the hard part is getting folks to SLOW DOWN, rather than try harder.
crutches ARE necessary .. the boot is higher than a normal shoe sole so it fucks up the spine by tilting you sideways.. also in a moon booth you cannot roll your foot like during a regular step

So always use crutches..

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2013, 03:19:22 AM »
crutches ARE necessary .. the boot is higher than a normal shoe sole so it fucks up the spine by tilting you sideways.. also in a moon booth you cannot roll your foot like during a regular step

So always use crutches..

Hmmmm...my surgeon and the PT is telling me to ditch the crutches, but walk on the moon boot for 2 weeks. I think that my hips and low back ready a mess from crutches and standing on one leg.

I didn't have the option of staying at home from work. I would have been put on disability.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2013, 03:46:38 AM »
Hmmmm...my surgeon and the PT is telling me to ditch the crutches, but walk on the moon boot for 2 weeks. I think that my hips and low back ready a mess from crutches and standing on one leg.

I didn't have the option of staying at home from work. I would have been put on disability.
moon boot is worse than that for the lower back .. think about it.. I have badly herniated disks so I feel those differences.

I offer you my oppinion but listen to those guys. Let me ask you something, what do YOU feel you should do?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2013, 04:40:27 AM »
moon boot is worse than that for the lower back .. think about it.. I have badly herniated disks so I feel those differences.

I offer you my oppinion but listen to those guys. Let me ask you something, what do YOU feel you should do?

I am shit scared of re injuring it. I will try the boot and see how it feels. Thanks for the info. Interesting that you guys are so on the cutting edge surgically.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2013, 04:48:24 AM »
I am shit scared of re injuring it. I will try the boot and see how it feels. Thanks for the info. Interesting that you guys are so on the cutting edge surgically.
Romania has top surgeons (the equipment and facilities are a problem but the talent is there)

The guy that operated on me used a new procedure using a minimal insasive technique with two kevlar chords and a small clip .. 6 weeks and off to rehab recover .. I do the rest and he trusts me because I have a better ideea about what to do than a PT.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2013, 04:51:15 AM »
Romania has top surgeons

Hahahahahahahahahaahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahah aha!

haha

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2013, 04:56:49 AM »
Another getbigger familiar with medicine and surgery  ::)

Well Armi Of Cum, like it or not, there are some surgeons in Romania that are really good at what they do.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2013, 07:18:47 AM »

Must be tough to moon walk in a moon boot ???

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2013, 07:22:50 AM »

Must be tough to moon walk in a moon boot ???
at least u could wear 1 sequined white glove.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2013, 08:12:19 AM »
Another getbigger familiar with medicine and surgery  ::)

Well Armi Of Cum, like it or not, there are some surgeons in Romania that are really good at what they do.

Well, your procedure is CERTAINLY more cutting edge than anything that I was exposed to here. And I even looked into Mass General's ortho practice in Boston, but they just do the standard stuff, so I had mine done in southern NH.

Not that I am PLANNING to do this again, but I would love to hear how your recovery is progressing and how successful this technique is

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2013, 08:18:41 AM »
Well, your procedure is CERTAINLY more cutting edge than anything that I was exposed to here. And I even looked into Mass General's ortho practice in Boston, but they just do the standard stuff, so I had mine done in southern NH.

Not that I am PLANNING to do this again, but I would love to hear how your recovery is progressing and how successful this technique is
I will def let you know

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »
Btw, this is the "moon boot" on my foot as I type this:

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2013, 08:25:21 AM »
How did you both injure your Achilles?

I played football for a very long time and had my ankle folded over so many times I can't count but never hurt my Achilles

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »
How did you both injure your Achilles?

I played football for a very long time and had my ankle folded over so many times I can't count but never hurt my Achilles

Running 40 yard sprints at "60%" effort as a conditioning drill. I put the 60% in quotes because I was feeling good and probably pushed it to 80%.

I also CLEARLY fucked up by running on hardpan, right next to a grass field. I had sprained my ankle running in grass so many times, it never even crossed my mind to go in the grass. I would trade 10 sprained ankles for this shit.

Or were you talking to Sev?

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2013, 09:53:38 AM »

Well, there seem to be little debate between the real world and romania, aka 2 and ½ months in bed vs quite a bit faster rehab in western countries. What I mean is while author of this thread was in bed, in finland they operate and send home a great bunch of these acilles patient, and they all leave walking with crutches. For example, if I got the rupture right now, I would be walking out from the hospital at monday, and I could be dropping coins in the cup of romanian beggar not in 2 and the half months, but two and the half days. I think there is significant difference between these two ways to heal this common injury.. ;D

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2013, 10:36:37 AM »
Yes, romanians' cultural contribution around Europe is usually begging, stealing and taking shits in the public. Lovely. Wonder why they do that - after all the country's really wealthy according to sev

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2013, 12:42:09 PM »
listen, youre confusing and betitling the whole romanian people with travelers-gypsies.

theyre a minority there and equaly disliked by the majority.

see what socalled travelers do in the uk , but youre not gonna call the whole uk travelers,are you

^

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »
see what socalled travelers do in the uk , but youre not gonna call the whole uk travelers,are you

Irish Traveller challenge