Author Topic: Top 5 regrets of the dying  (Read 6590 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Top 5 regrets of the dying
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:30:20 AM »
Probably more useful info and life changing than anything posted before

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

"This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it."

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. Women also spoke of this regret, but as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

"Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result."

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

"Often they would not truly realise the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying."

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

"This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content, when deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again."

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Top 5 regrets of the dying
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:32:23 AM »
when i nearly died

my only regret was missing the final anabolic window

i would have looked depleted in the coffin

rather than full and vascular

no one wants to go out like that
T

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
when i nearly died

;D

You are channeling Derek Anthony there, bigmc

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 11:35:24 AM »
when i nearly died

Could inject a long lasting ester just as cardiac arrest is taking place, encourage the funeral director to inject embalming fluid in to the muscles

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »
when i nearly died

When I die I want them to cut off my little penis and replace it with a horse cock, then I want a nude open casket funeral.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 11:36:40 AM »
Interesting thread.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 11:37:27 AM »
DA is pretty jacked for a man on death's door.

Or did he actually die already?  I can't remember for sure.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
When I die I want them to cut off my little penis and replace it with a horse cock, then I want a nude open casket funeral.

what happens if they get it the wrong way around and attach you shrivvled little willie to the horse
c

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 12:14:41 PM »
Probably more useful info and life changing than anything posted before

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

"This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it."

"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. Women also spoke of this regret, but as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."

"Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result."

"Often they would not truly realise the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying."

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

"This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content, when deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again."

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

Had they actually done all of those things then they would be stating the exact opposite. The human condition of never being satisfied remains till death....nothing to see here folks.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 12:17:41 PM »
you re on a roll today, congrats for another great post.

Fact is... we just a link of the chain, not the chain itself. In the past people kept their feelings for themselves, nowadays it's the exact opposite with all that "social media" garbage. Still at the end of the day, that's what you leave behind you more than what you did for yourself, that matters. As long as you can say your kids did or will do better than you, there's no way you should have regrets. Now, if they did worse or if you had none, of course you re going to feel empty, we re designed to forget about ourselves and focus on raising offspring , not to be self focused all life long. 

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 12:20:46 PM »
you re on a roll today, congrats for another great post.

Fact is... we just a link of the chain, not the chain itself. In the past people kept their feelings for themselves, nowadays it's the exact opposite. Still at the end of the day, that's what you leave behind you more than what you did for yourself, that matters. As long as you can say your kids did better than you, there's no way you should have regrets. Now, if they did worse or if you had none, of course you re going to feel empty.

ok I better leave before I fuck it up  :D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
when i nearly died

;D :D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »
Most regret primarily not going in raw / no condom / no pulling out.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »

I wish I had cared more about others, i had been less self centered and had listened to them more often , made them happier

I wish i had more focus and worked harder to get higher sooner, faster, to earn more money, i wish i had been less lazy ..

I wish i had kept what i thought for myself more often, would have been easier to fool others instead of exposing my weaknesses speaking my mind naively thinking people would understand; the only thing they understood were my flaws

I wish  I had spent more time thinking by myself and not be influenced by friends and family, I wish I had met more different people from different horizons
instead of being enslaved in two or three relationships that pretty much never evolved from the day they started

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier

This one is probably the truest of them all; could be summarized that way too: As hapiness is directly linked to the ability to dominate, control others, I wish I had dominated, controlled more people instead of submiting to too many of them.

the trainer

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »
Money cannot buy happiness, never chase down money at the expense of your friends, family and your health, you might end up with some money but you will feel unhappy and alone.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »

I wish I had cared more about others, i had been less self centered and had listened to them more often , made them happier

I wish i had more focus and worked harder to get higher sooner, faster, to earn more money, i wish i had been less lazy ..

I wish i had kept what i thought for myself more often, would have been easier to fool others instead of exposing my weaknesses speaking my mind naively thinking people would understand; the only thing they understood were my flaws

I wish  I had spent more time thinking by myself and not be influenced by friends and family, I wish I had met more different people from different horizons
instead of being enslaved in two or three relationships that pretty much never evolved from the day they started

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier

This one is probably the truest of them all; could be summarized that way too: As hapiness is directly linked to the ability to dominate, control others, I wish I had dominated, controlled more people instead of submiting to too many of them.

You really are a sociopath aren't you  :-\

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 12:32:29 PM »
If i were to die today my only regret would be not seeing cswols amazing "contest diet" thread reach its no doubt spectacular ultimate conclusion.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 12:38:15 PM »
Point 1,2 and 5 are not easy to fix. Point two aboout work is unclear if it pertains to workoholics. Statistics show that you need a level of income to be happy, but it does not matter if you make okay or is a millionaire. Many don't work their asses off.

Express feelings and keeping friends are good points.

Expressing feelings I interpret as expressing sexual feelings, as in having sex with strange women regurlarly. Very good point.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 12:43:43 PM »
Point 1,2 and 5 are not easy to fix. Point two aboout work is unclear if it pertains to workoholics. Statistics show that you need a level of income to be happy, but it does not matter if you make okay or is a millionaire. Many don't work their asses off.

Express feelings and keeping friends are good points.

Expressing feelings I interpret as expressing sexual feelings, as in having sex with strange women regurlarly. Very good point.
statistics will one day show you need a level of SOCIAL DOMINANCE to be happy... money being just a tool of that.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 12:44:07 PM »

[/quote]

Hitler and Stalin must have been overwhelmed with joy

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 01:19:13 PM »
statistics will one day show you need a level of SOCIAL DOMINANCE to be happy... money being just a tool of that.

Absolutely, most likely they are interlinked. Money is a symbol.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 01:22:20 PM »
when i nearly died

Serious thread, and you go full fucking retard. Horrible poster.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »
6- I wish that my final nurse had been hotter and given more sponge baths. Not been writing an artvle for the guardian and asking stupis ass questions as I took a dump in my bed. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »
I imagine the number one regret would have been dying.  Oh well.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »
The work thing is a huge one, in a 100 (maybe even in 40) years people are going to laugh at how insane we were working 40+ hour weeks while they chill out and robots do all the work.