Author Topic: Does the US still have a government that represents the will of it's people?  (Read 2249 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
If the Congress and the Senate are supposedly elected to represent the will of their constituents, how is it that that people like John McCain constantly vote for things that almost all their constituents are opposed to?  Many elected officials are reporting that the people that contacted them about Syria are overwhelmingly against military action.  It's 90% to 99% in some cases yet many of these politicians will vote for it anyway.

We need term limits now!  Enough with this oligarchy.  Our government needs to start putting Americans first and stop hemorrhaging money, fighting optional wars, and handing out foreign aid by the billions.  I think most of us are tired of being the benefactor and the police force for a planet full of ingrates.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
cause people keep re-electing them.   What was the Radio host that was tea party.. mccain beat him after palin showed up to help him. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
We don't have a govt.   we have a Marxist circus handi g out free shit to enough morons like Andre straw etc to get their votes and stay in office.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
No they do not. The best form of government is the one closest to the people it represents; this is why the founding fathers set up a balance of power between the states and the federal gov.

What we have seen is a general trend towards consolidating power in the fed gov and a corresponding weakening of the power of state and local governments. This translates to a massive disconnect between the people and the decision makers in far off DC. This principle of being ruled by a far off out of touch government is what started the american revolution, and the civil war. We now have the same exact situation as the disconnect has grown by leaps and bounds since the civil war, when the fed gov decided it was going to become an empire instead of a willingly united group of equal states with independent decision making power, and simply killed all peopls and groups opposing the fed gov's total control.

The federal gov is now as disconnected from the people it claims to represent as it has ever been.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Well the folks in Colorado did pretty well.....but the short answer is that no they don't. The current crop of libs think they know better then the average American...on just about any subject. The establishment repubs are just as bad.....
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Well the folks in Colorado did pretty well.....but the short answer is that no they don't. The current crop of libs think they know better then the average American...on just about any subject. The establishment repubs are just as bad.....

Both sides think they know better. They need to get out of our lives.   By the way, I was the only person in my family who was happy with the Colorado recall election.
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
This was huge.....Bloomberg and the assholes from the Brady org looked real bad.
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
This was huge.....Bloomberg and the assholes from the Brady org looked real bad.

It's simple math.  Despite what the media portrays, by and large legal gun owners aren't committing gun violence. Punishing them will not reduce gun violence.  Why gun control advocates don't realize this is beyond me.
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Also I think they miscalculated brining in outsiders like Bloomberg and made his contributions to the recall visible. I think that pisses off any voter when oustide sources, especially a guy like Bloomberg, try and alter the political landscape of another state. The Brady group is faceless, the NRA is faceless...but one guy, a guy who tried to ban soda consumption.....just not a good PR move.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Does the US still have a government that represents the will of it's people?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
The representatives are under no obligation to carry out "the will of the people".  Originally, the United States government was set up in such to make sure the people do not rule by majority and to protect the laws and country from anything they might do.  Its best to read history before you make a thread such as this.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Does the US still have a government that represents the will of it's people?
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 11:11:48 AM »
The representatives are under no obligation to carry out "the will of the people".  Originally, the United States government was set up in such to make sure the people do not rule by majority and to protect the laws and country from anything they might do.  Its best to read history before you make a thread such as this.

Slam!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »
We do not, unfortunately.  I used to be opposed to term limits.  I've changed my mind. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »
TA is right.  There has always been an elite class.
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 12:17:49 PM »
That doesn't even make sense

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 12:29:24 PM »
That doesn't even make sense

When the country was founded the united stars was rural with an agricultural economy.  The majority of citizens were illiterate.  The founding fathers believed it would be more efficient to form a represenative government instead of trusting the uneducated masses with direct democracy.

Ideally these representatives would be educated and thus better able to act in the best interest of the people.  It was even suggested that the vote be limited to land owning white males at it was felt they had a greater vested interest in the prosperity of the nation than the common laborer.

I believe this what TA is referring to.
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 12:34:27 PM »
That is true. What we have now though is a terrible distortion of that original concept

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 04:56:09 PM »
That is true. What we have now though is a terrible distortion of that original concept

How so?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 06:57:58 PM »
we probably haven't had that in 200 years/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 07:11:24 PM »
we probably haven't had that in 200 years/

If AF1 crashed in the pacific and all ate by sharks I would celebreate

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »
I flatly reject the notion that our founding fathers wanted a ruling class of elites to make decisions regardless of what the American people want. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 07:12:34 PM »
If AF1 crashed in the pacific and all ate by sharks I would celebreate

I have been staring at this line in complete disbelief.  love him or hate him - he's your fuccking president, man. 

I don't know what to think of this place anymore, to be honest 33.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 07:16:50 PM »
I have been staring at this line in complete disbelief.  love him or hate him - he's your fuccking president, man. 

Obama is a terrorist jihadist thug - I don't give fuck about him or his pos relatives whatsoever at this point.   They could all get eaten by Makos in the Atlantic and I would celebrate.

He is a communist, a terrorist, and a traitor.  FUCK YOU!!!!  You b\voted for this and own it.   Serious - that is your burden - knowing you voted for a terrorist and a traitor - enjoy and relish the memory - you earned it 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »

Most of the people here are complete morons who know nothing of history and are incapable of being rational.  They do not know what a fact is, how to interpret science or evidence and let emotion guide them because they have never had any reasoning capabilities anyways.

Up is down, down is up, right is left with them.  

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
I flatly reject the notion that our founding fathers wanted a ruling class of elites to make decisions regardless of what the American people want. 

Are you an ateist?

Do you support adultery?

Do you oppose religion?