Author Topic: Who hates their f'ing job?  (Read 21776 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Who hates their f'ing job?
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 08:20:46 AM »
you can work for me i pay you 8-9 bucks an hour

This is the same wage you offered a couple of years ago. What....no cost of living increases?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »
I love my job.  Make way to much for the amount of fun i have every day.

Ugandan sailor glory hole of peace

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 05:13:36 PM »
I started my current job 4 years ago. Loved it the first year, not bad the 2nd year, started burning out the 3rd year, now can't stand it. Tons of overtime due to a high turnover. 9 operations managers have passed through in 4 years. You are not allowed to make a mistake without mega shit blown in your face. The culture sucks, and very little employee appreciation is shown. I have new trainees ask all the time, " how do you work here?" Red tape galore. I guess I got used to it. The pay raise was significant from my old job. I am currently on paternity, and don't plan on returning. It would be just going through the motions. I can't even think about the place. My co-workers call me all the time, and I just don't want to hear about it.

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »
I don't mind my job but there are days I would like to see how many kicks to the face my boss can withstand before ending up on the floor in the fetal position.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2013, 05:18:41 PM »
I started my current job 4 years ago. Loved it the first year, not bad the 2nd year, started burning out the 3rd year, now can't stand it. Tons of overtime due to a high turnover. 9 operations managers have passed through in 4 years. You are not allowed to make a mistake without mega shit blown in your face. The culture sucks, and very little employee appreciation is shown. I have new trainees ask all the time, " how do you work here?" Red tape galore. I guess I got used to it. The pay raise was significant from my old job. I am currently on paternity, and don't plan on returning. It would be just going through the motions. I can't even think about the place. My co-workers call me all the time, and I just don't want to hear about it.

The damn burgers wont flip themselves!

MikMaq

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 06:05:57 PM »
Let's face it, 95% of people have lame jobs.  Whether they like it or not, is irrelevant.
It's common sense some jobs are much shittier than others.

I love my current job, relative to all the other jobs I've had it's far better, the only bad part is it's too easy.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2013, 06:12:15 PM »
I like my job 90% of the time ,  I hate it when is too cold or too hot .

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »
I subscribe to the Homer Simpson school of thought  ;D

P

dustin

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2013, 06:25:11 PM »
Johnny forgets that not everyone shops for clay in their backyard

lol nice.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »
Had a job i hated, worked it for 4 years but only the year and a half were hell after owners son was but in charge. Every friday was like a kid on christmas eve and every sunday night was like the feeling you got as a kid on last day of summer hols.
Eventually everyone got fucked off and left, somebody must have held a grudge as the place got torched one night.
Now am self employed and love it.

I have to hand to you guys that start and run a your own successful biz. I wish I could do that. What do you do?

Everhard

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »
What do you do?

I am stuck in a warehouse moving boxes of floor tiles basically all day long, putting data for them into a computer, storing shipping boxes. I went back to school with the crazy thought that a degree would open up doors to the good jobs. Boy was I wrong about that. I think with me it is the constant thought "damn I am capable of more than this mindless garbage. BTW, I make 11 bucks a hr.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »
I am stuck in a warehouse moving boxes of floor tiles basically all day long, putting data for them into a computer, storing shipping boxes. I went back to school with the crazy thought that a degree would open up doors to the good jobs. Boy was I wrong about that. I think with me it is the constant thought "damn I am capable of more than this mindless garbage. BTW, I make 11 bucks a hr.

What is your degree in?  Never too late to go back. 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 06:59:18 PM »
i enjoy just standing around painting

its fun to cut lenoleim and glue it down

i enjoy cleaning tubs n shit too listening to music , its pure bliss and exercise too

i take breaks when the fuck i want, mainly short eating breaks working all by myself. I hated working with scaffolding, only take one long ass break during a long ass work day working with a ton of fuckheads

And just like that Johnny, you've found a way to single handedly simplify the madness that the world subscribes to.

You enjoy the simple things in life like that of standing around painting, cutting and gluing down linoleum or even the bliss felt while cleaning out a tub and shit, while listening to some music.

You've managed to find peace in a world of chaos by simply being. :)

"1"

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
And just like that Johnny, you've found a way to single handedly simplify the madness that the world subscribes to.

You enjoy the simple things in life like that of standing around painting, cutting and gluing down linoleum or even the bliss felt while cleaning out a tub and shit, while listening to some music.

You've managed to find peace in a world of chaos by simply being. :)

"1"

Me and my brother used to paint houses together when we were younger.

We always say things were so much simpler then.  Go to work, bust your ass doing something tangible.. and get paid.

And when you're done you say "I did that"...and had fun doing it.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »
Sounds to me like you should buy a lathe.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2013, 07:15:32 PM »
Me and my brother used to paint houses together when we were younger.

We always say things were so much simpler then.  Go to work, bust your ass doing something tangible.. and get paid.

And when you're done you say "I did that"...and had fun doing it.

That's exactly where I am going in thought.

Johnny, unlike the rest of us, is always in that place were things are simpler. He never has to reminisce about the simpler times, because he instead always finds himself in the simplest of times.

What I see in Johnny is longevity. A man that is oblivious to the modern day stresses that place the vast majority of us in a grave much sooner than deserved.

In simpler terms, Johnny gets it..... Divorce the value from all things in your world and you, in turn, learn the true value of oneself.

I've always said Johnny was onto something.

"1"

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2013, 07:24:14 PM »
In today's world, when we first start that new job, we like it. Then, we start to realize the bs that comes with job. The typical politicking, brown nosing, cut backs, lies, deceit, etc. Then we start to get disillusioned, and also have a belief in an inflated self worth. We see what goes on in social media---everybody smiling and happy, taking vacations, going to expensive restaurants. We see the music vids and the celebs driving big cars, having big houses---and we believe we are entitled to such. In short, our material possessions don't equal up to the work we put in, and we believe we deserve more. Inflation is a bitch as well. Ultimately, we become less happy and more depressed. And so, we hate our jobs, and we seek another. We leave that job for a "better one". The ironic thing, is our replacement at the old job, thinks the same way we did when we first had that job, "this job is better than the last one".

Everhard

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2013, 07:25:31 PM »
What is your degree in?  Never too late to go back. 

I got a degree in IT, and now I am working with people who dropped out of high school.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »
In today's world, when we first start that new job, we like it. Then, we start to realize the bs that comes with job. The typical politicking, brown nosing, cut backs, lies, deceit, etc. Then we start to get disillusioned, and also have a belief in an inflated self worth. We see what goes on in social media---everybody smiling and happy, taking vacations, going to expensive restaurants. We see the music vids and the celebs driving big cars, having big houses---and we believe we are entitled to such. In short, our material possessions don't equal up to the work we put in, and we believe we deserve more. Inflation is a bitch as well. Ultimately, we become less happy and more depressed. And so, we hate our jobs, and we seek another. We leave that job for a "better one". The ironic thing, is our replacement at the old job, thinks the same way we did when we first had that job, "this job is better than the last one".

It's the human condition. I have more in common with the Falcon than I do the corporate climber.

I have done my own thing my entire working life and managed to carve out a good living.  And I never bought into what I call the bullshit fake happiness brigade. The facebook crowd.  I don't hate those people, I just don't really listen when they speak. They are boring and interchangeable.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »
$11/hr isn't worth turning up for.  If you can get off your butt and make something happen, surely your time will better spent doing that.  The fact that you haven't suggests that you're confused about what you are capable of doing and what you want to do.  We can't tell you that so give it some thought, grab your balls, and proceed.  Leave on good terms but gtfo of there.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2013, 10:56:27 PM »
These days I work for $0 and hour. Volunteering is the best job I've ever had. No need to mentally prostitute myself for a paycheck. Retirement is great.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2013, 12:31:47 AM »
It's the human condition. I have more in common with the Falcon than I do the corporate climber.

I have done my own thing my entire working life and managed to carve out a good living.  And I never bought into what I call the bullshit fake happiness brigade. The facebook crowd.  I don't hate those people, I just don't really listen when they speak. They are boring and interchangeable.

This, the sheep on that site are disgraceful.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2013, 12:45:59 AM »
These days I work for $0 and hour. Volunteering is the best job I've ever had. No need to mentally prostitute myself for a paycheck. Retirement is great.

::)

Stay retired grampa

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2013, 12:48:01 AM »

These sorts of places are only good for job hopping. It's what the operations managers did...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2013, 12:59:08 AM »
::)

Stay retired grampa

No reason not to, thank goodness!