Author Topic: Man v Food's Adam Richman Loses 60 lbs  (Read 7664 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Man v Food's Adam Richman Loses 60 lbs
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:21:48 AM »
i like richman. always seems like a great fella to go out on a piss up with.. unlike triple d's, guy what's his face, who i imagine is a bit of a cunt, like. both great shows though !

'I didn't like my doughy face': How Man v. Food's Adam Richman lost 60lbs after retiring from extreme-eating show

As the host of one of TV's most gluttonous shows, Man v. Food, Adam Richman's waistline ballooned to 40inches and he developed a 'doughy face'.

But after four years of taking on extreme eating challenges, from slurping down two-gallon sundaes to devouring 190-pound burgers, the 39-year-old Brooklyn native told People magazine that enough was enough.

Concerned about his health and non-existent love life, he retired from the show, embarked on a healthy eating plan and exercise regime, and quickly managed to lose 60lbs off his six foot frame.

A new man: The former host of Man v. Food, Adam Richman has lost 60lbs since retiring from the extreme-eating show - pictured (left) in December 2011 and (right) in August 2013

Now with his sleep apnea and snoring cured, and a new sense of confidence, he says that he hopes his 'female prospects will be better'.

Mr Richman said the tipping point came when he caught sight of himself in the mirror one day and his body appeared to be 'the size of a Smart car'.

'I could see my belly, It was unflattering. It sent me into depression.'

With the final episode of his show airing in April 2012, Mr Richman saw it as the perfect opportunity to get fit before hitting 40.

Not good for the waistline: For four years Mr Richman took on extreme-eating challenges on TV

Gut-busting: On each episode of Man v. Food Mr Richman would devour giant portions - he said it caused him to develop sleep apnea as he piled on the pounds

He cut out white flour and dairy from his diet and stocked his kitchen cupboards with healthy snacks.

'I love peanut butter and ice cream but I can't keep them in my house,' he explained.

Throughout the day he eats small 150-calorie meals every two hours and some of his favorite go-to diet foods include almonds, Greek yogurt, salmon and meal replacement bars.

'People expect me to order the biggest, richest dish, but it's nice saying no - I'm no human Dyson'

Now he says that he always gets funny looks when he goes to restaurants and orders normal-sized portions.

'People expect me to order the biggest, richest dish, but it's nice saying no . . . I'm no human Dyson.'

He said that he always been a gym member, but in the past he would only do 30 minutes on the treadmill at a 'leisurely pace'.

Now, along with weight training and soccer practice, he walks 10,000 steps every day.

His new ‘get fit’ attitude is summed up by his Twitter profile, which reads: 'TV Host, Producer, Author, Man-about-town, Centre Mid for Ivanhoe FC, and one Righteous Dude. *Quite done with food challenges, thank you*'

Despite his weight gain, he says that he doesn't resent his old job.

Making changes: Mr Richman said that he didn't like his 'doughy face' (left) and it was the sight of himself in the mirror one day that finally spurred him on to lose weight (right)

'When I watch old episodes , I see my doughy face. But I'm not filled with regret,

'Man v. Food was the biggest career-defining opportunity. I went from anonymity to someone of note with access to amazing eateries.'

Indeed, before his stint on the Travel Channel show he was relatively unknown, and he'd only had a smattering of small jobs since graduating as a drama student from Yale University.

With his career on a roll, Mr Richman is set to host a new show called Fandemonium, which does not require him to chow down giant platters, .

Airing on the Travel Channel every Sundays at 10pm it focuses on the wildest fan gatherings across the nation from food fairs to 'testicle festivals.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2424441/I-didnt-like-doughy-face-How-Man-v-Foods-Adam-Richman-lost-60lbs-retiring-extreme-eating-show.html#ixzz2fMbv2kK4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Man v Food's Adam Richman Loses 60 lbs
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 11:22:52 AM »
Good for him. I like his "man vs food" show. It is entertaining.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 11:27:54 AM »
Wait, fame and cash can't pull in chicks if ur fat? I see old rich fat dudes all the time with hotties

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »

x2

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »
good for him,he looks good.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
The thing that was kinda strange was not his surplus weight but the way he appeared - the doughier he got the less happy and more chaotic he looked.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »
probably has alot of loose skin though. dropping weight when you're middle aged you better pray that you where blessed with good elastic skin.

and his face is still fat. no team lean face for him...

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
  living the life

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »
excellent transformation

time to don the thong

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 01:28:53 PM »
More like Man vs $.

/Like it always has been/is.

AVBG

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »
This x2

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
Gosh i love his show and i want him to be fat and happy

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 01:37:16 PM »
Loved that show.. Always found myself watching it..

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 01:43:19 PM »
i like richman. always seems like a great fella to go out on a piss up with.. unlike triple d's, guy what's his face, who i imagine is a bit of a cunt, like. both great shows though !

'I didn't like my doughy face': How Man v. Food's Adam Richman lost 60lbs after retiring from extreme-eating show

As the host of one of TV's most gluttonous shows, Man v. Food, Adam Richman's waistline ballooned to 40inches and he developed a 'doughy face'.

But after four years of taking on extreme eating challenges, from slurping down two-gallon sundaes to devouring 190-pound burgers, the 39-year-old Brooklyn native told People magazine that enough was enough.

Concerned about his health and non-existent love life, he retired from the show, embarked on a healthy eating plan and exercise regime, and quickly managed to lose 60lbs off his six foot frame.

A new man: The former host of Man v. Food, Adam Richman has lost 60lbs since retiring from the extreme-eating show - pictured (left) in December 2011 and (right) in August 2013

Now with his sleep apnea and snoring cured, and a new sense of confidence, he says that he hopes his 'female prospects will be better'.

Mr Richman said the tipping point came when he caught sight of himself in the mirror one day and his body appeared to be 'the size of a Smart car'.

'I could see my belly, It was unflattering. It sent me into depression.'

With the final episode of his show airing in April 2012, Mr Richman saw it as the perfect opportunity to get fit before hitting 40.

Not good for the waistline: For four years Mr Richman took on extreme-eating challenges on TV

Gut-busting: On each episode of Man v. Food Mr Richman would devour giant portions - he said it caused him to develop sleep apnea as he piled on the pounds

He cut out white flour and dairy from his diet and stocked his kitchen cupboards with healthy snacks.

'I love peanut butter and ice cream but I can't keep them in my house,' he explained.

Throughout the day he eats small 150-calorie meals every two hours and some of his favorite go-to diet foods include almonds, Greek yogurt, salmon and meal replacement bars.

'People expect me to order the biggest, richest dish, but it's nice saying no - I'm no human Dyson'

Now he says that he always gets funny looks when he goes to restaurants and orders normal-sized portions.

'People expect me to order the biggest, richest dish, but it's nice saying no . . . I'm no human Dyson.'

He said that he always been a gym member, but in the past he would only do 30 minutes on the treadmill at a 'leisurely pace'.

Now, along with weight training and soccer practice, he walks 10,000 steps every day.

His new ‘get fit’ attitude is summed up by his Twitter profile, which reads: 'TV Host, Producer, Author, Man-about-town, Centre Mid for Ivanhoe FC, and one Righteous Dude. *Quite done with food challenges, thank you*'

Despite his weight gain, he says that he doesn't resent his old job.

Making changes: Mr Richman said that he didn't like his 'doughy face' (left) and it was the sight of himself in the mirror one day that finally spurred him on to lose weight (right)

'When I watch old episodes , I see my doughy face. But I'm not filled with regret,

'Man v. Food was the biggest career-defining opportunity. I went from anonymity to someone of note with access to amazing eateries.'

Indeed, before his stint on the Travel Channel show he was relatively unknown, and he'd only had a smattering of small jobs since graduating as a drama student from Yale University.

With his career on a roll, Mr Richman is set to host a new show called Fandemonium, which does not require him to chow down giant platters, .

Airing on the Travel Channel every Sundays at 10pm it focuses on the wildest fan gatherings across the nation from food fairs to 'testicle festivals.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2424441/I-didnt-like-doughy-face-How-Man-v-Foods-Adam-Richman-lost-60lbs-retiring-extreme-eating-show.html#ixzz2fMbv2kK4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm sick of these Actors and TV people losing weight.  They got famous as the fat person they were.  Fuck them

Like that bitch from Superbad

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 01:43:30 PM »
what's so intradesting watching a stuff his face with food  ???