Author Topic: Inequality for All  (Read 14365 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Inequality for All
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 06:38:36 AM »

As a beginning point, the U.S. Government needs to stop issuing checks for every kid the "poor" pop out. Set a limit: say, ONE.

I'm all for paying low income women to have tubal ligations.  In the long run it would save a lot of money.
A

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 06:42:47 AM »
I'm all for paying low income women to have tubal ligations.  In the long run it would save a lot of money.

Yes, but Republicans won't touch that issue because they'd piss off more voters, and Democrats won't touch it because they'd diminish their voting demographic.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 06:44:47 AM »

Yes, but Republicans won't touch that issue because they'd piss off more voters, and Democrats won't touch it because they'd diminish their voting demographic.

The old specter of eugenics will be raises, Im sure.  It's a practical solution.  Not giving amnesty to unskilled, uneducated illegals is another.
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 06:54:22 AM »
The old specter of eugenics will be raises, Im sure.  It's a practical solution.  Not giving amnesty to unskilled, uneducated illegals is another.

It's making a return I believe. Lots of people talking about their roots and heritage as of late.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 07:18:39 AM »
Fucking commie. Some people are smart, some are not. Does he really think that everyone deserves to be rich? Wealth distribution in US is natural and it is similar to IQ distribution. Yes, not all smart people are rich but if you are smart you will not be poor unless you choose to be.

This is natural order of things.

Natural order?  I think we can do better than that.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »
Natural order?  I think we can do better than that.

So you think everyone is equal?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »
The problem is that we as a society have focused far too long on the delusion that an "equal opportunity" society is a just society. 
Until we move to an "equal results" society, things will never improve
Y

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 08:46:28 AM »
The problem is that we as a society have focused far too long on the delusion that an "equal opportunity" society is a just society. 

Lets try door #1 first.  At some point.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 08:48:38 AM »
Amen. But people want that feel good, that happiness...
The Vulture wants to believe it's an Eagle...the mule wants to believe it's as fast as a thoroughbred.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2013, 10:11:35 AM »
The fact is, life isn't fair. For the most part, the cream rises to the top. The poor are poor because of circumstances they put themselves in due to poor decision making at some point. There are exceptions I'm sure, but for the most part, poor dumb people are poor because they're dumb.

Are you willing to say the same thing when the poor take from the rich by force?

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »
A conditional cash transfer program doles out cash payments to poor families when they engage in healthy/economically productive activities. This type of welfare program is being implemented in a variety of countries and being test piloted in still more (a test pilot in NYC called 'Opportunity NYC' concluded in 2010) and has been met with significant success.

Maybe if we convert some or all federal welfare programs (excluding Medicare, Medicaid, and SS, which need their own solutions) into CCT programs, society can have its cake and eat it (in the aggregate, the poor will yield better health/educational/economic outcomes; America's ideology of equality of opportunity will be bolstered; and, it will cost less because the programs will have the same budget as now but won't spend 100% of it, given that not every poor family will meet eligibility requirements for payments).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_cash_transfer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_NYC#Results_of_Opportunity_NYC

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 11:00:45 AM »

Wha'fuck?  Of course not.  But everyone deserves something much closer to equal opportunity than what we have now.  And really, what the fuck is "natural order" and why would your average getbigger endorse it?  Per natural order, many of us would be losing a fuckload of muscle, right?  Can't be having that shit.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »
Fucking commie. Some people are smart, some are not. Does he really think that everyone deserves to be rich? Wealth distribution in US is natural and it is similar to IQ distribution. Yes, not all smart people are rich but if you are smart you will not be poor unless you choose to be.

This is natural order of things.

"Wealth distribution is similar to IQ distribution"?  I call bullshit.  Let's see if you can find some links to support that.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2013, 11:06:28 AM »
A conditional cash transfer program doles out cash payments to poor families when they engage in healthy/economically productive activities. This type of welfare program is being implemented in a variety of countries and being test piloted in still more (a test pilot in NYC called 'Opportunity NYC' concluded in 2010) and has been met with significant success.

Maybe if we convert some or all federal welfare programs (excluding Medicare, Medicaid, and SS, which need their own solutions) into CCT programs, society can have its cake and eat it (in the aggregate, the poor will yield better health/educational/economic outcomes; America's ideology of equality of opportunity will be bolstered; and, it will cost less because the programs will have the same budget as now but won't spend 100% of it, given that not every poor family will meet eligibility requirements for payments).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_cash_transfer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_NYC#Results_of_Opportunity_NYC

Everybody is capable of doing some kind of "work," no matter how modest. It's fair and reasonable that able-bodied recipients contribute something.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 11:13:15 AM »
Equality aka collectivist propaganda is a pipe dream nurtured by goods/services provided by the able bodied.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 11:15:53 AM »
There s an illusion sold by medias for decades, that in this day and age you can do and have everything. Fact is, you cant. You still need money, and to get money, to work, or be born of someone who has money.

Now there are many strategies of survival, I'm always surprised by how people manage to survive, whatever their incomes, how they cooperate with each others.

It doesnt take brains, a high IQ or money to survive, many people survive using their looks for example, to get the money or the person who has the money.
Many ugly, handicapped people survive simply because other people take "care" of them and as a result get a job and salary.

The point of life for any life form is to adapt to survive, whatever the strategy of survival.

Nowadays you can get a "home" for 5000 bucks:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1120887579/Temporary_Shipping_Container_Homes_for_Sale.html

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2013, 11:30:41 AM »
You can buy laptop with Wi-Fi for 100$. I somehow cannot believe there is a city in the modern world that doesn't have a free Wi-Fi hotspot. So yes, everyone can afford PC.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2013, 12:02:50 PM »
Are you willing to say the same thing when the poor take from the rich by force?

Sometimes I wonder if it will ever come to that. That said, if it's already that bad, the lawlessness, then yes, I will tell them.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »
Wha'fuck?  Of course not.  But everyone deserves something much closer to equal opportunity than what we have now.  And really, what the fuck is "natural order" and why would your average getbigger endorse it?  Per natural order, many of us would be losing a fuckload of muscle, right?  Can't be having that shit.

I believe that the game is okay for those who don't fuck up. I will agree it is tough to get ahead once you are in a hole.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »

No, everyone isn't equal, which is why "equal opportunity" is a farce.  You have to make it "equal results" so that the less intelligent, less motivated, less dedicated people aren't left behind unfairly.
Y

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2013, 02:16:43 PM »
No, everyone isn't equal, which is why "equal opportunity" is a farce.  You have to make it "equal results" so that the less intelligent, less motivated, less dedicated people aren't left behind unfairly.

Uhm... If everyone isn't equal you can't possibly expect equal results without shackling the best and forcing them to be just as bad as the worst.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »

What? Hahahaha, are you serious? So I should give my money away just because some fucker was born less intelligent than I am?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »

As a beginning point, the U.S. Government needs to stop issuing checks for every kid the "poor" pop out. Set a limit: say, ONE.

So how do you see this playing out? Poor woman pops out baby number 2, can't afford to feed it, baby dies of starvation.

How about couple has two children, a boy and a girl. They've fallen on hard times and so the mother tells the father to take the two children out in the woods lose them because they cannot afford to feed them. The two little lost children find a witch's house in the woods. The witch plans to cook them for dinner, instead they push the witch into her own oven, thus murdering her.  

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »

So how do you see this playing out? Poor woman pops out baby number 2, can't afford to feed it, baby dies of starvation.

How about couple has two children, a boy and a girl. They've fallen on hard times and so the mother tells the father to take the two children out in the woods lose them because they cannot afford to feed them. The two little lost children find a witch's house in the woods. The witch plans to cook them for dinner, instead they push the witch into her own oven, thus murdering her.  

Sounds cool to me.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »
What? Hahahaha, are you serious? So I should give my money away just because some fucker was born less intelligent than I am?
A little too high and mighty aren't we? And by your logic, someone more intelligent than you should give you a second look or some money? Or a very attractive woman should by default look over your short comings (you are 5'3 correct) and maybe are less than attractive than what she is used to facially? Because after all, you can't help it...
And yes, there are plenty of people more intelligent than you who do give their money away to those who maybe less intelligent, or to those who may become more intelligent than them. This is their choice.