Author Topic: Attn: Parker  (Read 3042 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Attn: Parker
« on: September 23, 2013, 07:13:49 AM »
My 2004 Dodge Durango finally is ready to die. I love my Durango. Low Oil pressure (almost at the red line), lifters clacking, etc. Probably oil pump but the problem was I had to drive it an additional 47 mile on the low oil pressure...not good. So in anticipation of rebuilding the motor (going to fix it and pass it down to my son. Its big and in excellent shape and safe) we decided to test drive the Mercedes Class 250 and 300. Would like to know your thoughts on this car. We both loved the car..

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: Attn: Parker
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:17:11 AM »
What would you do if an illegal alien promised you he could fix it for 200$?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:32:28 AM »
Do you drive a lot?

I wanted to buy my wife an E350. She thinks I am too flashy and she didn't feel she needed it. She had her mind set on a Toyota Prius. So we got the Prius and that thing is awesome! I never thought I would find myself saying that. It's not something I go out ripping it in when I go out or anything like that, but the car is very well made.  The synergy drive system is very cool as well, can easily drive it for weeks on one tank.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 07:33:05 AM »

If pay him $300 if he promised to fly over Johnny Falcon's house every night for a week

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »
Do you drive a lot?

I wanted to buy my wife an E350. She thinks I am too flashy and she didn't feel she needed it. She had her mind set on a Toyota Prius. So we got the Prius and that thing is awesome! I never thought I would find myself saying that. It's not something I go out ripping it in when I go out or anything like that, but the car is very well made.  The synergy drive system is very cool as well, can easily drive it for weeks on one tank.

Coach is a very short fellow, so good as the Prius is, it won't add a single inch to his ego.

;D

On a serious note Coach, my mother in law has owned both the Audi A5 black edition, and before that the E350 in black. Along with trying those cars, plus my wifes A4 Black edition, I would say the E350 KILLS the audi, for comfort, driveability and interior space, let along a huge boot (trunk) and it just looks 'classy'.

Go for the 350!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 07:41:20 AM »
Do you drive a lot?

Not really, maybe 10-12k per year if that. The only trips we go on is when we go to Palm Springs and thats only about 100 miles from my house. Couldn't see myself in a Prius.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 07:42:05 AM »

Try about $4k.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 07:45:59 AM »
Not really, maybe 10-12k per year if that. The only trips we go on is when we go to Palm Springs and thats only about 100 miles from my house. Couldn't see myself in a Prius.

It's an acquired taste that's for sure.  I really questioned why my wife wanted that car but yet can appreciate her humble way of being. I live in a very urbanized setting so I guess it makes sense.

You can't go wrong with cars within the Mercedes budget. Audi, Mercedes, Lexus... any of us can make a case for either. Any choice would be a good one

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 07:50:55 AM »
It's an acquired taste that's for sure.  I really questioned why my wife wanted that car but yet can appreciate her humble way of being. I live in a very urbanized setting so I guess it makes sense.

You can't go wrong with cars within the Mercedes budget. Audi, Mercedes, Lexus... any of us can make a case for either. Any choice would be a good one

Thats for sure. Always loved Mercedes. I'm also not one for leases but they have a program thats hard to beat. Would save me putting down $10k on a purchase.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 07:57:12 AM »
Thats for sure. Always loved Mercedes. I'm also not one for leases but they have a program thats hard to beat. Would save me putting down $10k on a purchase.

Absolutely lease it!  They have some really awesome specials/rates etc.. right now.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 12:23:36 PM »
Leases are a bad idea. If you can't afford to buy the car outright with cash, you can't afford it. Debt. Just like the idiots in the government. Read a Dave Ramsey book, nice Christian fella.

I'm sure your son will enjoy the Durango. And they are safe, I was in one when I was rear ended by a civic or something, no injury and just minor damage to the Dodge from a pretty hard hit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »
Leases are a bad idea. If you can't afford to buy the car outright with cash, you can't afford it. Debt. Just like the idiots in the government. Read a Dave Ramsey book, nice Christian fella.

I'm sure your son will enjoy the Durango. And they are safe, I was in one when I was rear ended by a civic or something, no injury and just minor damage to the Dodge from a pretty hard hit.

We subscribe to Dave Ramsey, this why I'm torn.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
  Where is Parker? We have a German Auto topic!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »
My 2004 Dodge Durango finally is ready to die. I love my Durango. Low Oil pressure (almost at the red line), lifters clacking, etc. Probably oil pump but the problem was I had to drive it an additional 47 mile on the low oil pressure...not good. So in anticipation of rebuilding the motor (going to fix it and pass it down to my son. Its big and in excellent shape and safe) we decided to test drive the Mercedes Class 250 and 300. Would like to know your thoughts on this car. We both loved the car..

A good car overall, a design that will age well. It's about due for a replacement so you may be able to pick up a current one up for a "bargain". As far as reliability, I have talked to owners and they have no problems, then again they dot drive 50k miles a yr, either. As far as value, it's better than the BMW 3 series (2006-2012) but not as good as the Lexus IS (2006-2013), I don't know a of the A6...

I really like the Cadillac ATS.
And the Prius is good as well.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 01:58:23 PM »
We subscribe to Dave Ramsey, this why I'm torn.

Cool so you know that he would tell you to pay cash for a 2 or 3 year old car. Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
How many miles on the Durango?
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 02:14:10 PM »
C-class is tacky imo. It's usually what semi-rich parents buy their daughters for their first car. It's also what middle class people buy to look upper middle class.

A mercedes is all about status and if you ride a c-class that means you're in the 'fake it till you never make it' category. Basically the smallest fish in the big pond.

My thoughts are if I can't afford the s-class then merdeces just aint for me.
A

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »
Luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW's, jaguars, etc) are the best cars to lease because they retain their value and don't depreciate as fast - making you have better monthly payments.  I think I'll definitely lease my next car!

With that being said, my mother owns the C-class, drove it many times, its fun to drive for sure - its fast and smooth... although I still feel like it could use more power!

C-class is tacky imo. It's usually what semi-rich parents buy their daughters for their first car. It's also what middle class people buy to look upper middle class.

A mercedes is all about status and if you ride a c-class that means you're in the 'fake it till you never make it' category. Basically the smallest fish in the big pond.

Umm... What about the new CLA?  The B-Class?  The A-Class?  The Smart car, all cheaper than the C...  If the C is the small fish, what are those?

Nevertheless Coach you can't go wrong with a Benz.  This is what I have:

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »
They depreciate. Yeah maybe not as fast but make no mistake about it; cars are a liability NOT an investment.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 03:22:13 PM »

Umm... What about the new CLA?  The B-Class?  The A-Class?  The Smart car, all cheaper than the C...  If the C is the small fish, what are those?

Those aren't even worth mentioning. They aren't the staples of Mercedes.
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »

You must have been pretty creative to maintain California emission clearance on the old girl, Coach. Pretty doubtful it was the pump.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »
Try about $4k.

$4k for an old fucking dodge motor used engine install   ???

$1500-2k tops 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

Um, that C63 AMG is no joke, and even Jeremy Clarkson had a Black Series version.
The C Class has stepped it up...and in many ways  (styling for one) is better than the 3 series.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2013, 04:14:58 PM »
Um, that C63 AMG is no joke, and even Jeremy Clarkson had a Black Series version.
The C Class has stepped it up...and in many ways  (styling for one) is better than the 3 series.

C63 AMG isn't a joke but it also isn't a C250 which is what I was talking about.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »
C63 AMG isn't a joke but it also isn't a C250 which is what I was talking about.
Well, if you look at it, I believe the IS250 has less hp, but looks a tad more aggressive. The interior of the C250/C300 is similar to the E Class (2002-2009), but I do agree, one should opt for the C300 is anything. Or go another route---with the new Impala, which has really stepped it up...I am impressed. I know, totally left field, but left field is always an option.