Author Topic: California Political Correctness Runs Amok Again  (Read 2587 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
California Political Correctness Runs Amok Again
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/california-youth-football-mercy-rule-inflames-parental-passions-103325382.html

As reported by Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA, the Northern California Federation Youth Football League (NCFYFL) instituted stiff new penalties for any teams that beat opponents by 35 points or more. Specifically, those teams will be fined $200 and their coaches will be suspended from all league activities for two weeks.

Naturally, the controversial issue has advocates on both sides, with NCFYFL Deputy Commissioner Robert Rochin claiming the rule is "not hurting the kids, it's teaching them compassion for the other team. It's teaching them sportsmanship."

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: California Political Correctness Runs Amok Again
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 06:37:06 PM »
I wish we could somehow resurrect my grandfathers generation to take control and clean up all these messes.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 07:20:39 AM »
Sickening

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:21:20 AM »
So ridiculous it seems like a joke.
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:34:09 AM »
This is and can be absolutly tied to liberal ideology. This is the everybody gets a trophy syndrome. I suspect that the people who came up with this either didn't play football or did not play at a high level and warmed a bench. If you're feeling so bad about yourself...stop the other team. Get better, practice harder, do more squats and hit the oklahoma drill more....nope, instead lets quit and penalize the over achievers. Yet another reason to despise Obama and libs.
L

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »
This is and can be absolutly tied to liberal ideology. This is the everybody gets a trophy syndrome. I suspect that the people who came up with this either didn't play football or did not play at a high level and warmed a bench. If you're feeling so bad about yourself...stop the other team. Get better, practice harder, do more squats and hit the oklahoma drill more....nope, instead lets quit and penalize the over achievers. Yet another reason to despise Obama and libs.

Exactly right.  Here little Johnny, take this 14th place ribbon.  You didnt lose the race, you just are unique and that's okay because there are no winners or losers, just participants.  I just puked in my mouth when I read this story.  All of this is designed to create complacency and mediocrity as the norm.  This is classic indoctrination and is basically what all public education is designed to do.  Create mindless subservient drones who will not question what the overlords tell them because they have been lulled into complacency.  I hate to play politics but it is true that the left absolutely engages in this to a far greater degree than the right.  But both sides are guilty.   

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 09:47:12 AM »
At first I thought this was a story from The Onion... Ridiculous.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
Soon the california libs will try to ban winning. The teams will always tie, that way nobodys feelings will get hurt.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 09:55:23 AM »
Soon the california libs will try to ban winning. The teams will always tie, that way nobodys feelings will get hurt.

Or better yet, there is no score.  That way no one will fell like a loser for even a second because there team is behind.  Yeah that's the ticket - no score keeping.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 09:57:29 AM »
I want somebody to defend this....just defend it .
L

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 10:18:04 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/california-youth-football-mercy-rule-inflames-parental-passions-103325382.html

As reported by Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA, the Northern California Federation Youth Football League (NCFYFL) instituted stiff new penalties for any teams that beat opponents by 35 points or more. Specifically, those teams will be fined $200 and their coaches will be suspended from all league activities for two weeks.

Naturally, the controversial issue has advocates on both sides, with NCFYFL Deputy Commissioner Robert Rochin claiming the rule is "not hurting the kids, it's teaching them compassion for the other team. It's teaching them sportsmanship."

What the fuck? Sportsmanship? Really?

Yeah, this something you'd expect from the Onion. George Carlin... so prescient.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
What the fuck? Sportsmanship? Really?

Yeah, this something you'd expect from the Onion. George Carlin... so prescient.

There is no compassion in sports. There is good sportsmanship which should be religated to clean play and not cheating. Beyond that, the other team is the enemy, you kill the enemy by scoring on him. You step on his neck until dead. They learn they suck and they need to get better. They work harder, they prepare better and come at you again. This is life, not fuzzy bunny lib utopia.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 03:17:12 PM »
There is no compassion in sports. There is good sportsmanship which should be religated to clean play and not cheating. Beyond that, the other team is the enemy, you kill the enemy by scoring on him. You step on his neck until dead. They learn they suck and they need to get better. They work harder, they prepare better and come at you again. This is life, not fuzzy bunny lib utopia.

Exactly... I don't see how this teaches good sportsmanship... this is a fucked up "rule".

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 05:29:33 PM »

ha...that was great.