Author Topic: Ted Cruz Reads Green Eggs And Ham on the senate floor  (Read 7270 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Ted Cruz Reads Green Eggs And Ham on the senate floor
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
Ted Cruz likely cemented himself as a Texas Senator for the next 30 years while Wendy Davis won't even be able to hold her own district next election.

Winner: Cruz.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 11:12:13 AM »

lol...and the tard gets owned again.

Exactly, she didn't prevent shit.  And if it's a 'delay', well, Cruz has certainly accomplished that.

Hell, I'm pro-choice as it gets and even I can see this nothing more than lib hypocrisy.

Obama's gonna have to find a middle ground.  He doesn't do a good job of that and now it's more important than ever.

she delayed the bill,he was just grandstanding for the teabaggers like yourself,that's the difference   how come your not watching your losers,loser :D :D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »
she delayed the bill,he was just grandstanding for the teabaggers like yourself,that's the difference   how come your not watching your losers,loser :D :D

Exactly, she didn't prevent shit.  And if it's a 'delay', well, Cruz has certainly accomplished that.

Try to keep up tard.

Steelers game not on for me and I don't have a package.   Stuck watching Baltimore.  :(

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 12:06:54 PM »

Try to keep up tard.

Steelers game not on for me and I don't have a package.   Stuck watching Baltimore.  :(

he didn't delay anything,it's only set to go in affect on tues          your not missing much down 27   17  and ben just threw a pick :D     34   17  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 12:14:01 PM »

he didn't delay anything,it's only set to go in affect on tues          your not missing much down 27   17  and ben just threw a pick :D     34   17  :D

GhettoCare going to collapse regardless 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 01:58:33 PM »

he didn't delay anything,it's only set to go in affect on tues          your not missing much down 27   17  and ben just threw a pick :D     34   17  :D

Of course he did.  In fact the procedural vote would've gone into effect some 20 hrs earlier.  And that belies the tabling issue before the public speaking crap even began.

Now leave me be as I mourn yet another loss from the greatest of football teams.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »

Of course he did.  In fact the procedural vote would've gone into effect some 20 hrs earlier.  And that belies the tabling issue before the public speaking crap even began.

Now leave me be as I mourn yet another loss from the greatest of football teams.

You are a giants fan Skip?   ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »
Lot's of right wing stupidity on this thread

Cruz little stunt had a pre-negotiated ending and it was the equivalent of a petulant child being allowed to play with a toy as an effort to placate and appease it

Cruz apparently thinks his opinion along with a tiny handful of right wing morons is more important than the rest of the country

The ACA was passed by both houses of Congress.  It was deemed constitutional by the SC and THEN we had national referendum on it in the form of a presidential election (where Repubs got trounced)

Just who the fuck does this little child think he is to assume that his opinion is more important that the majority of the nation ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2013, 02:32:03 PM »
So were the Bush Tax Cuts and Iraq War you communist turds endlessly railed against

Cruz little stunt had a pre-negotiated ending and it was the equivalent of a petulant child being allowed to play with a toy as an effort to placate and appease it

Cruz apparently thinks his opinion along with a tiny handful of right wing morons is more important than the rest of the country

The ACA was passed by both houses of Congress.  It was deemed constitutional by the SC and THEN we had national referendum on it in the form of a presidential election (where Repubs got trounced)

Just who the fuck does this little child think he is to assume that his opinion is more important that the majority of the nation ?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2013, 02:46:58 PM »
So were the Bush Tax Cuts and Iraq War you communist turds endlessly railed against

please remind me which Senator had a phony filibuster or threatened to shut down the government over either of those things

I'm sure Vets will appreciate it when the government shuts down

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2013, 02:51:17 PM »
please remind me which Senator had a phony filibuster or threatened to shut down the government over either of those things

I'm sure Vets will appreciate it when the government shuts down

LOL - read up on it.    RATlosi threatened a shutdown too.   Personally - i love itif the govt shuts down for awhile. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »
LOL - read up on it.    RATlosi threatened a shutdown too.   Personally - i love itif the govt shuts down for awhile. 

when ?

post a link so we know it's not just the voices in your head again

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »

Yes, and elections also determined that Repubs control the House which has the constitutional authority to defund.  ::)

Oh and where in the law is Obama authorized to give all the exemptions his administration has given out?  Must've missed that.  Guess it's all cool when hypocritical douchebag libs want to delay implementation. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »

Yes, and elections also determined that Repubs control the House which has the constitutional authority to defund.  ::)

Oh and where in the law is Obama authorized to give all the exemptions his administration has given out?  Must've missed that.  Guess it's all cool when hypocritical douchebag libs want to delay implementation.  

tell me which exemptions you're referring to and I'll probably agree with you (btw - don't waste my time trying to tell me Congress is exempt)

If the House can truly "defund" it uni-laterally then why don't they just to that instead of threatening to shut down the government (I know the answer but just wondering if you do)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2013, 04:22:35 PM »
tell me which exemptions you're referring to and I'll probably agree with you (btw - don't waste my time trying to tell me Congress is exempt)

The fact that you are unfamiliar with the exemptions or even the biggest one which is delaying the employer mandate is typical of your level of knowledge...or should we more aptly note - stupidity...that you typically bring to the discussion.  And yes, although I was not referring to it, the Congress is exempt and I pointed out exactly how when you posted your biased, full of shit article on the topic.

You didn't understand it then either, but we know you're not too bright, lol.

If the House can truly "defund" it uni-laterally then why don't they just to that instead of threatening to shut down the government (I know the answer but just wondering if you do)

Uh...they just pretty much did exactly that with the latest round passed to the Senate.  Of course, it's 'technically' a delay, but the doesn't change the fact that they have the authority to defund.

Second, where has the House claimed they are trying to shut down the entire government.  Show me the bill, resolution, etc., where they are trying to 'shut down the government'.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2013, 04:37:17 PM »

Link please?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »

The fact that you are unfamiliar with the exemptions or even the biggest one which is delaying the employer mandate is typical of your level of knowledge...or should we more aptly note - stupidity...that you typically bring to the discussion.  And yes, although I was not referring to it, the Congress is exempt and I pointed out exactly how when you posted your biased, full of shit article on the topic.

You didn't understand it then either, but we know you're not too bright, lol.

Uh...they just pretty much did exactly that with the latest round passed to the Senate.  Of course, it's 'technically' a delay, but the doesn't change the fact that they have the authority to defund.

Second, where has the House claimed they are trying to shut down the entire government.  Show me the bill, resolution, etc., where they are trying to 'shut down the government'.

this kind of post is what makes this board so worthless

you repeat the same horseshit over an over

Go back and look at this thread (I finally just saw your last post and I responded)

Congress was never exempt and the only reason there was ever even an issue was due to a bullshit amendment added to the bill by a Republican that eventually got included in the law.
 http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=488926.0

As to the phony filibuster by first class moron Ted Cruz, Senator Coburn has been trying to explain to the dunces in his party that about 85% of the spending on the ACA is MANDATORY.   Congress can't unilaterally choose not to fund it.  In fact, the spending for ACA will happen even if they shut down the government which is what makes that gambit so fucking stupid.   You harm the Republican Party and you don't even get anything in return.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/30/tom-coburn-obamacare_n_3678575.html

The reason, Coburn argued, is that most of the spending in Obamacare is mandatory, and the spending cannot be touched, even if the GOP were to shut down the rest of the government. He cited a new Congressional Research Service report that found as much.

"There's not a legislative method that we have that is capable of defunding it short of 67 votes in the U.S. Senate, short of two-thirds [of the] votes in the U.S. House," Coburn said, referring to the number of votes needed to override the presidential veto that would be sure to block any attempt to defund the law.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2013, 08:32:01 AM »
Strawfag and the liberals are terrified of Cruz :-*

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »

Dems LOVE Cruz

if you had the intelligence level of a 5th grader you would understand that

The people who really hate him are the non-crazy Republicans

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2013, 09:14:36 AM »
He is no Palin and you know it. Hes the real deal and the dems are attacking him like crazy cauee they know it

AndreaRyc

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2013, 09:15:43 AM »
That's right.  B/c he's a dangerous man.  He angries up the great unwashed right wing with tales of destroying health insurance for most americans b/c that is the american thing to do.  Providing healthcare, at its fundamental level, is really Nazi-like and HItleresque.

Why anyone would find Cruz to be a champion of anything other than cloddish opportunism is a bit of a mystery.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2013, 09:17:50 AM »
That's right.  B/c he's a dangerous man.  He angries up the great unwashed right wing with tales of destroying health insurance for most americans b/c that is the american thing to do.  Providing healthcare, at its fundamental level, is really Nazi-like and HItleresque.

Why anyone would find Cruz to be a champion of anything other than cloddish opportunism is a bit of a mystery.

Right and when those ghetto maggots like O-SHITSTAIN and Jesse go before the CBC and rile them up based on racism and the like its legit right?

AndreaRyc

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2013, 09:36:17 AM »

Right and when those ghetto maggots like O-SHITSTAIN and Jesse go before the CBC and rile them up based on racism and the like its legit right?
I'm not afraid of black people.  So I hope they can get all they want for their own.  They have a song and dance intheir souls.

The american right, where the great unwashed are concerned, always undercuts its own position(economically) while it takes a wet one in the shorts just to stick a knife in the backs of their countrymen. 

You are of a strange lot, you 'property over people' sort.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2013, 09:37:46 AM »
I'm not afraid of black people.  So I hope they can get all they want for their own.  They have a song and dance intheir souls.

The american right, where the great unwashed are concerned, always undercuts its own position(economically) while it takes a wet one in the shorts just to stick a knife in the backs of their countrymen. 

You are of a strange lot, you 'property over people' sort.

::)   

Property rights are one of the things that make this country great.   Go to cuba, NK, or some other commie hell hole if you don't like it

AndreaRyc

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »
::)   

Property rights are one of the things that make this country great.   Go to cuba, NK, or some other commie hell hole if you don't like it

Property rights are fine gifts from our federal government.  No doubt about it.

But the rightwing likes to make unpropertied people suffer.  Much like the aristocracy, the slavers, and feudal lords that are the golden boys of the american right.  IT's not enough that poverty is both incidental and intentional, either way, you have to have your boot on the poor person's throat.  Why is that?  You think poverty is such a score that people are clamoring for it?  For the dependency of big government and its ample teats?  You really think that's how life works?  Do you see yourself as the great defender of the monied elites?  They don't need your help.  They already own you.

Have you ever been to Cuba or NK or Russia?  You must have to comment so keenly on those places, comrade.