Author Topic: MW news - Okami released & Machida in for injured Bisping  (Read 3652 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
MW news - Okami released & Machida in for injured Bisping
« on: September 27, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »
Okami's been released with a 13 - 5 record in UFC. He was on a 3 fight win streak til Jacare derailed him, and as hes ranked 6th just now it can only be described as a shock.

Bisping's got an eye injury and has had to pull out of the fight against Munoz in Manchester so Machida has been drafted in to make his MW debut. Could be an absolute killer in this division, I dont expect Munoz to last 2 rounds.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: MW news - Okami released & Machida in for injured Bisping
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:23:30 AM »
Okami's been released with a 13 - 5 record in UFC. He was on a 3 fight win streak til Jacare derailed him, and as hes ranked 6th just now it can only be described as a shock.

Bisping's got an eye injury and has had to pull out of the fight against Munoz in Manchester so Machida has been drafted in to make his MW debut. Could be an absolute killer in this division, I dont expect Munoz to last 2 rounds.

Sincerely shocked about Okami being dropped. That man was graceful and well-skilled. That's a loss for the UFC.

Muņoz will now have his hands full.

"1"

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 06:32:38 AM »
Sincerely shocked about Okami being dropped. That man was graceful and well-skilled. That's a loss for the UFC.

Muņoz will now have his hands full.

"1"

I believe the excuse was that the division is stacked, perhaps so but then why not get rid of Tim Kennedy etc? Lower ranked guys that are obviously not on Okami's level, although Dana gave the usual, "he can come back if he wins a couple of fights elsewhere" bullshit.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 06:49:33 AM »
I believe the excuse was that the division is stacked, perhaps so but then why not get rid of Tim Kennedy etc? Lower ranked guys that are obviously not on Okami's level, although Dana gave the usual, "he can come back if he wins a couple of fights elsewhere" bullshit.

There's no rhyme nor reason for Dana's stupid decisions.

I've seen many guys get 2-3 straight losses (Sonnen) and other guys that dabble in stacked divisions (Mir) with consecutive losses and mediocre records and they are kept around.

Ridiculous man..

"1"

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 08:35:05 AM »
Dan Hardy. He lost 4 in a row in overwhelming fashion and Dana openly said, "i love that kid, losing doesnt mean we'll release him".  ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 12:45:25 AM »
There's no rhyme nor reason for Dana's stupid decisions.

I've seen many guys get 2-3 straight losses (Sonnen) and other guys that dabble in stacked divisions (Mir) with consecutive losses and mediocre records and they are kept around.

Ridiculous man..

"1"
my honest opinion is thag Dana literally does whatever the fuck he feels like. He keeps who he likes and he axes who he doesn't, because dammit,  the UFC is his and he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it, so there! Harrrummmph!

Seriously I see a huge man-child complex with that guy