Author Topic: NSA gatheing data on citizens social connections. FORWARD!!!  (Read 539 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: NSA gatheing data on citizens social connections. FORWARD!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:41:46 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/nsa-examines-social-networks-of-us-citizens.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Hope and change you pos.

I don't know that I have a problem with the NSA mining information that is publicly available - that is information posted explicitly as "share with everyone, yay!!!" by the posters.

After all, actions do have consequences and if people are stupid enough to have public profiles or post their information for everyone to see, then I won't cry too much. Stupid people will figure out a way to shoot themselves in the foot even if we strap bulletproof boots on their feet and trigger locks on every gun.

It's an entirely different topic if the NSA is "ingesting" information that isn't marked as public by exploiting a "raw data pipe" or, worse still, by gaining covert access into places like Facebook and Google. That is unacceptable and should not be allowed. Whether they do so with a blanket warrant changes the calculus little for me.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: NSA gatheing data on citizens social connections. FORWARD!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 09:18:46 PM »
I don't know that I have a problem with the NSA mining information that is publicly available - that is information posted explicitly as "share with everyone, yay!!!" by the posters.

After all, actions do have consequences and if people are stupid enough to have public profiles or post their information for everyone to see, then I won't cry too much. Stupid people will figure out a way to shoot themselves in the foot even if we strap bulletproof boots on their feet and trigger locks on every gun.

It's an entirely different topic if the NSA is "ingesting" information that isn't marked as public by exploiting a "raw data pipe" or, worse still, by gaining covert access into places like Facebook and Google. That is unacceptable and should not be allowed. Whether they do so with a blanket warrant changes the calculus little for me.
x2.

people need to realize that whatever they say on a public forum is there forever, r9r anyone 5hat cares to look.

Fuck social media whores.