Author Topic: Was the O always this controversial?  (Read 5541 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Was the O always this controversial?
« on: September 30, 2013, 02:13:22 AM »
I don't necessarily mean controversial as in widespread claims of an "uncrowned O", a la Vic 2007, Nasser 1996 (?), etc.  But going by what I read on getbig, it seems while most acknowledge Phil should win, most also aren't very impressed with him, and don't consider him a dominant Mr. O.

On the other hand, most getbiggers today seem to acknowledge Ronnie, Dorian, Haney, and Arnold to be legitimate, dominant Mr. Os.  They're all held in relatively high regard.

So here's my question: in ten, twenty years, will Phil (or Jay, for that matter) be talked about the same way?  Will the cries of "narrow fraud" and "line stepping tiny tit" fade away?  Were Dorian and Ronnie more sharply criticized (or Haney and Arnold, for those old enough to remember) in their heydays, before they were considered legends?  If so, at what point do they naysayers get drowned out?  How, when, and why does history show them in an ever more flattering light?

Or are Phil and Jay never going to be able to shirk the hate?

Another thing to consider: are we just all old and jaded?  Do the kids on bbing.com think Phil is hot shit?  I honestly don't know, since this is the only bbing board I've visited in years.  Maybe Phil already stands alongside Ronnie and Dorian in the eyes of young bodybuilders across the globe?

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: Was the O always this controversial?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:24:28 AM »
It will probably cool down. He clearly won against Jay two years ago. No discussion about that. Phil last year was way more controversial than this year if you ask me. All multiple 'Os have had a few controversial Sandows (I hope you're joking about Nasser '96; 97 was questionable but 96, Yates although big gutted wiped the floor with everyone): Haney 89/90, Arnold 70/72 against Sergio, Dorian 97 (some will say 94 but they better get their eyes checked). Ronnie was probably the most dominant but from 2000 and on, the field was way weaker than what Dorian faced (over-the-hill/no legs Levrone placing 2nd twice being a clear symptom). Does anyone remember the 2002 or 2004/2005 'Os? Jay was a pretty convincing winner in 2009. If someone will be talked as over-rated 20 years from now, I'll bet on Jay, not Phil.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 02:25:11 AM »
Wolf got ripped off.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 02:39:20 AM »
The Majority usually agrees that the Mr O was the right one to win (Arnold, Dorian, Ronnie etc), but not these days.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 02:49:38 AM »
Wolf got ripped off.

Wolf couldn't even beat Kai in the Finals.  

Controversy- Not during Phil's reign because Kai can't put a complete show together. Phil killed him in the finals last year, and this year Kai look like crap in pre-judging.  You cant dethrone a mr o with 1/2 a show.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 02:50:43 AM »
  Lee Haney was the last epitome of a "bodybuilder". Dorian came looking like a jacked fridge and a horrid midsection. Ronnie followed with 8 years of preggo gorilla. Cutler kept the tradition going, Dex was the odd winner but far from "aesthetic" and Phil is the most decent out of the current crop with a natural torso of a teenage girl.

In 1992 they started rewarding mass with cuts regardless and kept that trend based also on inside interests.

It is also to be noted that less and less structurally talented bodybuilders came up through the ranks while all of them learned to megadose with gh and slin. Laziness, chasin "big weights", stupidity, big muscles at all costs. Gayer, tinier and tinier sparkly thongs, overtly pushing a bisexual agenda not that the past crop was any straighter...

Naive teens and young adults buy supplements and less than 1% are on forums. Out of that 1 % maybe 10% come to getbig where truth is spoken mostly. Even here on getbig, 50% are idiots who refuse to egnowledge the 4 ton pink elephant and another 25% have their own agenda to push (businesses, chasing sponsorpships, true love of cock, etc).

So all in all, very few individuals really understand how things work. Good luck trying to convince "the masses". I gave an interview on a local TV station here where I explained how this whole shame came about, how this whole industry of lies works, the fagginess behind the scenes and basically all I know and understand about bodybuilding. Within a week, 2 major importers/distributors of supplements called and the recording was removed from everywhere. And this is something almost NOBODY watched.

You are fighting windmills here. Getbig remains one of the very few places where individuals come to share knowledge and learn.

So this is how you end up with a douche liar faggo.t like that ass licker from bb.com handing out awards to plastic bottles full of nothing while people from 5 continents watch in bewilderment. Or another liar commentator who claims a phd in being natural while he would be a handicapped gym rat without the hormones he takes. People really believe him because he lies with such naturalness.

You want my oppinion on this year's contest? The ALL looked like absolute shit. Shit shit shit.

Meltdown over  ;D

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 02:51:50 AM »
he will never recover

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 02:54:27 AM »
Wolf couldn't even beat Kai in the Finals.  

Controversy- Not during Phil's reign because Kai can't put a complete show together. Phil killed him in the finals last year, and this year Kai look like crap in pre-judging.  You cant dethrone a mr o with 1/2 a show.
Well G Wolf crushes Phil in about every shot. Phil will get the win if close because he is current Mr O and he did. Phil seems scared every year.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 02:54:44 AM »
 So this is how you end up with a douche liar faggo.t like that ass licker from bb.com handing out awards to plastic bottles full of nothing while people from 5 continents watch in bewilderment.

haha

great post sev!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 03:06:27 AM »
Well G Wolf crushes Phil in about every shot. Phil will get the win if close because he is current Mr O and he did. Phil seems scared every year.

I'd be scared too if I was trying to fill out my luxury car collection.  A pay cut would be a bitch.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 03:08:22 AM »
I'd be scared too if I was trying to fill out my luxury car collection.  A pay cut would be a bitch.
;D

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 03:08:30 AM »
 Lee Haney was the last epitome of a "bodybuilder". Dorian came looking like a jacked fridge and a horrid midsection. Ronnie followed with 8 years of preggo gorilla. Cutler kept the tradition going, Dex was the odd winner but far from "aesthetic" and Phil is the most decent out of the current crop with a natural torso of a teenage girl.

In 1992 they started rewarding mass with cuts regardless and kept that trend based also on inside interests.

It is also to be noted that less and less structurally talented bodybuilders came up through the ranks while all of them learned to megadose with gh and slin. Laziness, chasin "big weights", stupidity, big muscles at all costs. More gay, tinier and tinier sparkly thongs, overtly puching a bisexual agenda not that the past crop was any straighter.

Naive teens and young adults buy supplements and less than 1% are on forums. Out of that 1 % maybe 10% come to getbig where truth is spoken mostly. Even here on getbig, 50% are idiots who refuse to egnowledge the 4 ton pink elephant and another 25% have their own agenda to push (businesses, chasing sponsorpships, true love of cock, etc).

So all in all, very few individuals really understand how things work. Good luck trying to convince "the masses". I gave an interview on a local TV station here where I explained how this whole shame came about, how this whole industry of lies works, the fagginess behind the scenes and basically all I know and understand about bodybuilding. Within a week, 2 major importers/distributors of supplements called and the recording was removed from everywhere. And this is something almost NOBODY watched.

You are fighting windmills here. Getbig remains one of the very few places where individuals come to share knowledge and learn.

So this is how you end up with a douche liar faggo.t like that ass licker from bb.com handing out awards to plastic bottles full of nothing while people from 5 continents watch in bewilderment. Or another liar commentator who claims a phd in being natural while he would be a handicapped gym rat without the hormones he takes. People really believe him because he lies with such naturalness.

You want my oppinion on this year's contest? The ALL looked like absolute shit. Shit shit shit.

Meltdown over  ;D

This!

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 03:10:38 AM »
Yes, in 2005 everyone on here was ripping into Ronnie saying he didn't deserve it and wasn't good enough, now the general consensus is he was the best ever and dominated. This was in 2005 where he was clearly a winner!

With Heath, he is very good, i do not get the hate, has a lot of conditioned bodyparts, complete, yes a bit narrow who cares no-one is perfect, you could argue Dorian had no cuts in his quads and had a torn bicep etc. He has a good structure, not as good as Dorian or Nasser but still very good.

However Wolf was far better than Kai was this year, complete, awesome condition, probably just a bit tall so doesn't look as filled out but should he still beat Kai? Fucking easy, and while i would have him over Heath, i can see why Heath wins, looks more complete being smaller. But to put Kai over Dennis and then Jay in 6th shows the bullshit that goes on.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 03:13:58 AM »
Yes, in 2005 everyone on here was ripping into Ronnie saying he didn't deserve it and wasn't good enough, now the general consensus is he was the best ever and dominated. This was in 2005 where he was clearly a winner!

With Heath, he is very good, i do not get the hate, has a lot of conditioned bodyparts, complete, yes a bit narrow who cares no-one is perfect, you could argue Dorian had no cuts in his quads and had a torn bicep etc. He has a good structure, not as good as Dorian or Nasser but still very good.

However Wolf was far better than Kai was this year, complete, awesome condition, probably just a bit tall so doesn't look as filled out but should he still beat Kai? Fucking easy, and while i would have him over Heath, i can see why Heath wins, looks more complete being smaller. But to put Kai over Dennis and then Jay in 6th shows the bullshit that goes on.

You missed this post.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=494992.msg7057027#msg7057027

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 03:17:34 AM »
overtly puching a bisexual agenda not that the past crop was any straighter.

Good post, Sev' but I fail to see the straight part of the bi-agenda in modern BBing.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 03:21:30 AM »
Good post, Sev' but I fail to see the straight part of the bi-agenda in modern BBing.
I refuse to engnowledge the oh so obvious   :'(

Some of us really love bodybuilding and contrary to BayGayM not everyone has a hidden desire for cock.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 03:25:04 AM »

;D

best summary ever
T

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 03:25:15 AM »

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 03:25:29 AM »
I refuse to engnowledge the oh so obvious   :'(

Some of us really love bodybuilding and contrary to BayGayM not everyone has a hidden desire for cock.

Labrada, Paris, Benfatto, DeMey, etc.....none of these guys would get even a pro-card these days. They lack the "I can't wipe my ass on my own" look, they don't have the oh-so-hard to get glazed donut conditioning, they look like they could really appeal to women (hot ones actually and not the occasional fat girl with insecurity problems amongst ten gays). This is the sad state of affairs.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 03:33:43 AM »
Labrada, Paris, Benfatto, DeMey, etc.....none of these guys would get even a pro-card these days. They lack the "I can't wipe my ass on my own" look, they don't have the oh-so-hard to get glazed donut conditioning, they look like they could really appeal to women (hot ones actually and not the occasional fat girl with insecurity problems amongst ten gays). This is the sad state of affairs.
True .. all of them lack the posing skills of phil heath and flex lewins who make those angry faces and wind up for 30 seconds inhaling only to hit a half ass pregnant shot where muscles barely move. Their abs were also etched too deep and waist was too fit so the could not duplicate the Quato look the old fagg judges love to reward. Weinerberger had a huge fetish for the original fridge and they all followed suit. (The guy fell in love with a muscular man with a pussy so what do you expect??)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 03:43:07 AM »
Phil, Kai and Jay: a world watches you and teens try to emulate yourselves. Please try to look halfway decent. Your midesctions are horrendous and you all look like glazed sweaty doughnuts.

Please take a look at this and ask yourselves why are you trying to be Michael Jordan while you cannot jump..

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 03:51:27 AM »
Everybody was so confident this was going to be the most competitive 'O in ages, probably since 99, and result has been one of the ugliest display of physiques since Tod Browning's "Freaks".

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 03:57:09 AM »
They need to learn to smile as well. Look like a work of art pleasing to the eye not a freak show.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 03:59:21 AM »
Having been around here for quite a while, I can assure you, almost every olympia for the last 10 years has been controversial - we all know Ronnie as the master - well, when it was the present on this board, there was barely a year that went by when there wasn't a large contingent saying he shouldn't have won and that he was what was wrong with bodybuilding.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 04:15:27 AM »
Jay winning was more controversial. Even Ronnie.

If the judges would have liked Kai, Kai would have had two O's now, 2012 first and then 2013 would have followed since they looked the same.

But Kai is suck a fucking weirdo.