Author Topic: Started new car salesman job advice?  (Read 3774 times)

ultrafuelmuscle

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Team Alex23 RIP Nasser el Sonbaty never forgotten
Started new car salesman job advice?
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:55:32 PM »
How should i deal with potential buyers with last names ending like -burg etc?  Should i not negotiate prices with them my colleagues tell me to high ball them because they are cheap.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Started new car salesman job advice?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:08:48 PM »
Buy a pair of running shoes and intercept the customers before any or the other salesmen! Hope this helps.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »
if the dude is wearing an extra medium shirt, compliment him on his awesome physique.

if the girl smells like J-woww tanning lotion, ask her what flavor she's wearing.  You'll be in like flynn.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »
Grow a mustache and buy a plaid suite and white shoes

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 10:21:06 PM »
Let us know how it works out. I have thought about entering the car sales business.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »
Buy a pair of running shoes and intercept the customers before any or the other salesmen! Hope this helps.

I've seen car salesmen literally elbow their coworkers in the race to be the first to talk to a potential customer.
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 10:29:35 PM »
 :D ;D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 10:35:24 PM »
Let us know how it works out. I have thought about entering the car sales business.

If you have a choice look into a different line of work.

EVERY single car salesperson I know is absolutely miserable when it comes to their job. Long hours, little pay, mandatory weekend work and your head is always on the chopping block unless you're one of the few veterans with an established clientele. Even then they are still miserable and have to work long hours and weekends.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:35 PM »
Make sure you take fast dumps. If you have a client or referral coming in and you're busy on the potty your coworker may make an interception and score your touchdown.

A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 12:17:19 AM »
If you have a choice look into a different line of work.

EVERY single car salesperson I know is absolutely miserable when it comes to their job. Long hours, little pay, mandatory weekend work and your head is always on the chopping block unless you're one of the few veterans with an established clientele. Even then they are still miserable and have to work long hours and weekends.

Interesting. Yeah I have other options but was just thinking about it because I like cars.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 02:10:22 AM »
I sold cars for about 2yrs as a part time job. decided to go after the steady paycheck.

always know what is the least amount you can sale the car for while still making the profit needed to pay everyone else their cut. the lower I sold the car the first money lost or cut was my profit, so I decided to deal in volume. yes, less commision per deal but i made it up in volume. even working part time i sold just as many cars as the full time guys. seems to me that if i went full time i would sale twice as many as them because i was willing to come down on price. more sales, more word of mouth advertising, more potential buyers walking in and asking for me.... $ did pretty good for a college student.
sept 10th APF

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 02:23:25 AM »
Seriously, become aware of how much yakking the customer wants.  I'm sure there are people who really want to hear all the crapola pitches over a 90 minute span and a complimentary cappucino because it'll make them feel valued or some shit.  If I swing into a dealership during the course of a working day, I want quck, simple, to the point answers without any awkward segues into salesmanship.  

Toyota had me sit down and wait at a desk while the woman gathered brochures.  Then wait again while she collected the sales manager so he could greet me.  The place was empty, mind you.  Tumbleweeds.  Every question, cargo capacity, towing capacity, even how much to the nearest $1000 all inclusive, required a furrowed brow computer search with much key clacking.  Three times I had to decline "Would you like to discuss finance?"  Ffs, stop trying to put me in the kill chute.  If I decide to buy it you'll see me take out my checkbook.

Cherry on top: We don't have any available for a test drive.  No, we won't have any available for a test drive in the forseeable future because they just sell so fast.  [forced laugh] Ask a mate if you can test drive his.  (No joke, after 45 minutes in the chair they told me to ask a buddy if I could test drive his van.  Srsly?)  Ok, thanks a lot.

I was planning on buying one too.  Good test drive, wrap it up.  They were just so bad at selling them I never did.  To their credit they gave me at least 4 followup phone calls, but in none could they promise to save a vehicle for a test drive.   ???  What planet?

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 03:04:22 AM »
1000mg test  (for that alpha sales man vibe)
100mg dbol pre sales
25 iu Hgh,am and  post sales
100mcg Clen for energy hitting targets etc

Thats a good car salesman stack brah

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 03:26:47 AM »
How should i deal with potential buyers with last names ending like -burg etc?  Should i not negotiate prices with them my colleagues tell me to high ball them because they are cheap.

Burg? You got a problem with Germans? Or was this a poorly spelled dis on Wigg's Hebrew (Ashkenazi) brethren?

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 03:29:38 AM »
I know a veteran car salesman, I never believe one fukn word out of his mouth.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 03:30:01 AM »

Great documentary on the car business:

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 04:00:13 AM »
Grow a mustache and buy a plaid suite and white shoes

ah yes, the mustache is essential!! 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
Congrats deciding to get into the car business when an economic bomb is about to go off...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-01/domestic-vehicle-sales-plunge-miss-most-jan-2009

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 08:30:27 PM »
get ready to go to rehab in a couple years.

every car salesman I knew/know drinks tons of booze and does as much coke as they can afford. lol.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »
Just ribbing ya.

You have too much regard for what anyone thinks to be good at it.

Some of the worst personalities I've known in this life sold lots of cars. You ain't got it in you.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 09:40:54 PM »
Drink lots of coffee, closers drink coffee ;)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 09:45:24 PM »
1000mg test  (for that alpha sales man vibe)
100mg dbol pre sales
25 iu Hgh,am and  post sales
100mcg Clen for energy hitting targets etc

Thats a good car salesman stack brah

I like the cut of your jib