Author Topic: Michael Jordan says he’d beat LeBron James in one-on-one  (Read 15527 times)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Michael Jordan says he’d beat LeBron James in one-on-one
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 12:26:33 PM »
IF he was 100 % confident about being the greatest of all time he wouldn't feel the need to compare himself to others .......

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 12:26:58 PM »
Washington Wizards
P

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »
JORDAN > kobe

I agree, but I think Kobe is closer to MJ than a lot of people think.  Although Kobe is a first team all-defense player Jordan is better on that end of the court.  Kobe is a better three point shooter than MJ.  The big difference to me is that Jordan is better at letting the game come to him and he doesn't try to force things which is where Kobe gets himself in trouble. 

All that said, one on one is Kobe and MJ's bread and butter.  The two of them going at it would be epic.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2013, 06:52:07 PM »
Speaking of Basketball

This season is gonna be great, the East is strong.

Heat, Bulls, Pacers and the Nets.
lol. It s going to be sad when people  realize rose is  greatly diminshed in terms of explosivity due to the injury.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 06:53:11 PM »
jordan got the refs to blow a whistle every time he went down the lane.  

kobe USED to get those same calls, hence his early legendary unstoppable status.

Then, the league stopped this, and now we see Kobe being very stoppable.

Lebron gets hammered every time he goes down the lane. I don't see him playing til he's 35 like Kobe or MJ.  He gets beaten up nightly.  By 31 or 32, he'll lose a year to a major injury, or like Dwight Howard, his shoulders will just give out.
lebron is another physical animal than howard. He ll last longer.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 06:54:31 PM »
IF he was 100 % confident about being the greatest of all time he wouldn't feel the need to compare himself to others .......
Jordan has and always will have a chip on his shoulder...he internalized everything that people said about him and used that as fuel.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 07:04:44 PM »
Prime Wilt would destroy either of them with ease.  Especially if no travelling, palming and carrying the ball were actually enforced.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 07:05:59 PM »
Michael would have LeBron beaten before the game even started.
LeBron would end up lying on the court in the fetal position by the time the game was over and it would have nothing to do with who's better physically.

Yes, Michael is the Arnold of basketball. All others are defeated before taking the court. Dudes an animal.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »
jordan got the refs to blow a whistle every time he went down the lane.  

kobe USED to get those same calls, hence his early legendary unstoppable status.

Then, the league stopped this, and now we see Kobe being very stoppable.

Lebron gets hammered every time he goes down the lane. I don't see him playing til he's 35 like Kobe or MJ.  He gets beaten up nightly.  By 31 or 32, he'll lose a year to a major injury, or like Dwight Howard, his shoulders will just give out.

U seem like one of those guys that sits on his ass all day watching sports and waits for his welfare check to come in the mail. That is unless u have direct deposit

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 07:22:19 PM »
Yes, Michael is the Arnold of basketball. All others are defeated before taking the court. Dudes an animal.
He was an animal in his time...nowadays he d get anally raped by lebron. Lettuce stay realistic.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 08:21:58 PM »
lol. It s going to be sad when people  realize rose is  greatly diminshed in terms of explosivity due to the injury.

Yes, much like Adrian Peterson sucked the season after he tore his ACL.  You really called this one, "uberman"  ::)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »
This is like Larry Scott saying he would have beat Ronnie C in his prime.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »
Remember when Kobe was yelling at Lebron during the All Star Game to "shoot the ball"?
Well, if you don't shoot against Jordan, he's going to annihilate you, and embarass you in the process.

Lebron would step on Jordan's head on  the way to the rim.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »
 great post, pray

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »
Jordan was in a league of his own. No way these guys are even remote threats.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »
Lebron has two chips and 4 finals appearances at the same age Jordan had one chip.

People like to argue "Lebron went to the finals and couldn't close"...at the same point in his career, Jordan was getting bounced out in the second round  ;)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »
Lebron has two chips and 4 finals appearances at the same age Jordan had one chip.

People like to argue "Lebron went to the finals and couldn't close"...at the same point in his career, Jordan was getting bounced out in the second round  ;)

Come on, Groink, why you gotta fuck me up with facts?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 12:13:05 AM »
Lebron would step on Jordan's head on  the way to the rim.
Before or after Jordan dunks on him?

the quality of players sucks ass today, it's all 4th quarter play. Shit, a prime Allen Iverson could dominate now (if he had his head together).

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 12:30:05 AM »
Before or after Jordan dunks on him?the quality of players sucks ass today, it's all 4th quarter play. Shit, a prime Allen Iverson could dominate now (if he had his head together).

This.  That's why I haven't watched the NBA since jordan's retirement.  Oh well, I guess I'll miss Lebrons  ::) whole career.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 01:00:06 AM »
Before or after Jordan dunks on him?the quality of players sucks ass today, it's all 4th quarter play. Shit, a prime Allen Iverson could dominate now (if he had his head together).

Just keep telling yourself that...you have nothing to refute what I said but "back in my day" bullshit.

High school kids do jordans dunks.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 01:05:04 AM »
Just keep telling yourself that...you have nothing to refute what I said but "back in my day" bullshit.

High school kids do jordans dunks.
Actually, Jordan became a more complete player when he didn't dunk as much, and became a clutch shooter, which Lebron is not. He also got into the head of his opponents. He not only wanted to beat XYZ one on one, but he wanted to beat the team as well. Lebron is not as headstrong...hell, would Lebron play with the Flu during the finals? Probably not.

there will never be another Jordan, just like there will never be another Lebron. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 01:17:03 AM »
Actually, Jordan became a more complete player when he didn't dunk as much, and became a clutch shooter, which Lebron is not. He also got into the head of his opponents. He not only wanted to beat XYZ one on one, but he wanted to beat the team as well. Lebron is not as headstrong...hell, would Lebron play with the Flu during the finals? Probably not.

there will never be another Jordan, just like there will never be another Lebron. 

Lebrons not a clutch shooter....LOLOLOL

Dude I watched Jordan play too... he's the greatest....BUT...if Lebron keeps doing what He's doing.. he won't be the greatest for long.

People remember "their" guy and "their" era fondly... and don't like it fucked with. Me.. I'm objective.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2013, 01:22:56 AM »
Fuck Jordan and his overrated clothing line and shoes

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2013, 01:28:45 AM »
Lebrons not a clutch shooter....LOLOLOL

Dude I watched Jordan play too... he's the greatest....BUT...if Lebron keeps doing what He's doing.. he won't be the greatest for long.

People remember "their" guy and "their" era fondly... and don't like it fucked with. Me.. I'm objective.
Maybe...I am just not impressed with him...he needed a damn team around him to achieve what he has. Jordan had Pippen, and some streak three point shooters and a clumsy Center.

True, we remember "their guy" and their era...Kobe is a yr or two younger than me, and going thru my 20s to 30s, as the same time he was, I just never saw him taking it to Jordan's level.
Lebron's way younger, and although he is a beast, does he have that ice water running thru his veins?

*The guy that really effed it up is Jason Williams. Would have been nice to see what he could have done in a Bulls uniform.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2013, 02:50:47 AM »
Maybe...I am just not impressed with him...he needed a damn team around him to achieve what he has. Jordan had Pippen, and some streak three point shooters and a clumsy Center.

True, we remember "their guy" and their era...Kobe is a yr or two younger than me, and going thru my 20s to 30s, as the same time he was, I just never saw him taking it to Jordan's level.
Lebron's way younger, and although he is a beast, does he have that ice water running thru his veins?

*The guy that really effed it up is Jason Williams. Would have been nice to see what he could have done in a Bulls uniform.

Lebron took a Cleveland team to the finals and made them competitive