Author Topic: My "Obamacare" Provision  (Read 5108 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
My "Obamacare" Provision
« on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »
I wish the President would offer all you anti healthcare nutbags an opt out clause.  That clause includes your name being put into a database that lets everyone know that you willingly do not have any coverage. 
By doing so, you are releasing all doctors and medical professionals from the hypocratic oath as well as the right to any treatment including life threatening emergencies. 

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: My "Obamacare" Provision
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:43:22 PM »
I like it.  However, how would you handle the parents who opt their kids out?   ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »
Al Sharpton said the MANDATE had an op out clause..haha. only from the left. lol

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 08:45:54 PM »
I like it.  However, how would you handle the parents who opt their kids out?   ???

I would apply S-chip to all persons under 22.  26, if your a full time college student.  For For responsible families that enroll their children, maybe some sort of tax deduction or something of the like.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »
Al Sharpton said the MANDATE had an op out clause..haha. only from the left. lol

Your now quoting Al Sharpton?  Maybe your coming around finally.

Wee Laddy

• Getbig II
  • Bow to your bunny overlords!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 09:29:04 PM »
You don't seem to understand Obamacare.

1) All it does is force everybody to buy insurance.

2) It's feasibility rest completely on forcing young, healthy people to buy insurance to pay for the parasites, the old and the pre-existing conditions crowd.

Your little idea would kill Obamacare faster than Obama killed the economy.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 09:31:35 PM »

2) It's feasibility rest completely on forcing young, healthy people to buy insurance to pay for the parasites, the old and the pre-existing conditions crowd.

I don't think so.  I think enough people are going to come to their senses and enroll.  With my provision, you'd see enough tragedy in the 1st year for people to wake the fuck up and get on board.  Come back soon for another owning.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »

Idk my out of pocket monthly doubled and so did the cost to my employer. I did get to keep my same PPO  plan, I would call that a win at this point. Haven't talked to anyone paying less. And the docs I've spoke with have said its horrible for the service providers...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 09:41:42 PM »
"ObamaCare" ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 09:41:54 PM »
Your now quoting Al Sharpton?  Maybe your coming around finally.

Only because of his idiot quotes..lol. The man is useless and racists. Nothing more nothing less.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 09:43:53 PM »
"Bushcare"

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »
Only because of his idiot quotes..lol. The man is useless and racists. Nothing more nothing less.

Don't forget to add homophobe to that list, Joe.

As foreseen in this old timey, gem of a classic.  8)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 09:48:39 PM »
what about telling us the optimal dosage of beans, per activity level x bodyweight x height x per day= new and revised RDA
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »
"Bushcare"

Time to fire Mack Brown? What say you, Bevo?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »
I wish the President would offer all you anti healthcare nutbags an opt out clause.  That clause includes your name being put into a database that lets everyone know that you willingly do not have any coverage. 
By doing so, you are releasing all doctors and medical professionals from the hypocratic oath as well as the right to any treatment including life threatening emergencies. 

Nice idea, but it will never happen. It is interesting that it is often the very people who have no medical insurance or are already on free government healthcare programs that are complaining about Obamacare. My daughter's friend who is on the Oregon Health Plan, which is essentially free medical coverage, is completely opposed to Obamacare....hello!

Go into the emergency room at any hospital and do a survey of the folks who are there for services most of us get from our doctor and you may be surprised what percentage of these people are opposed to Obamacare.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 09:52:03 PM »

Nicely put.  It's like life insurance - people who are alive pay for funerals for the parasites - people who have died; like a young mom killed by leukemia, or a man killed at work in some kind of industrial accident.   Those people are parasites, right dumbass?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »
Time to fire Mack Brown? What say you, Bevo?

:D don't get me excited! I'm willing to bet he won't make it the rest of the season

Heck it happened to Kiffin , I'm positive it is coming.... 8)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:24 PM »
:D don't get me excited! I'm willing to bet he won't make it the rest of the season

Heck it happened to Kiffin , I'm positive it is coming.... 8)

Hate to say it cause he brought that amazing 2006 National Championship and all those 10+ win seasons where they were always in the run at end for the top bowls.

Alot of great memories and I hate to see him leave to but I just think it's that time. Reminds me of when i hear older friends and family talk about the last years of Tom Landry.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »
Health care is going to be shit, you lefties don't understand that. The quality of health care will be diminished because there won't be enough doctors to go around. Every hospital in the country is going to look a county hospital or worse yet...the VA.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »
Health care is going to be shit, you lefties don't understand that. The quality of health care will be diminished because there won't be enough doctors to go around. Every hospital in the country is going to look a county hospital or worse yet...the VA.

Yeah because it is not like those poor uninsured suckers aren't clogging the hospital emergency rooms as it is.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 11:46:16 PM »
Yeah because it is not like those poor uninsured suckers aren't clogging the hospital emergency rooms as it is.

No, because usually the more serious uninsured get transferred to a.county hospital.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 11:58:55 PM »
No, because usually the more serious uninsured get transferred to a.county hospital.

Oregon Health Sciences University hospital is the closest thing Portland has to a county hospital. It is perhaps the best and most medically comprehensive hospital in Oregon.

I haven't spent much time in emergency at our local hospital. The couple of times I was there it looked like the welfare line had moved to the hospital. Fortunately, my doctor called ahead when he sent me there a couple of years ago for suspected heart failure. I didn't have to wait at all, which probably pissed off all those suckers who'd spent hours waiting to be seen. Medical insurance is like a pass to the front of the line.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 12:21:23 AM »
Idk my out of pocket monthly doubled and so did the cost to my employer. I did get to keep my same PPO  plan, I would call that a win at this point. Haven't talked to anyone paying less. And the docs I've spoke with have said its horrible for the service providers...

strange.  it doesn't start until Jan 1, 2014. any rate increases going on now are from external factors.
group plan rates were skyrocketing long before ACA.  The ACA is an attempt to get the prices under control. 

allowing you to pay to keep your kids on your group plan until they're 26 didn't cause your rates to go up.

I find it strange that pro business conservatives are so quite about ACA.  Since the vast majority of Americans get their health insurance through their work, health care is a huge burden on these businesses.  A other industrial countries provide health care or health insurance through the government, giving their businesses an advantage in a global market.  Businesses should be screaming for single payer. How much more competitive would they be if the cost of health insurance for employees and retirees were suddenly gone?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 12:35:07 AM »

Right now, the United States is short about 20,000 doctors.  this has nothing to do with obamacare, but with the cost of medical school.

you're saying but now there are more patients.  but the population of the US didn't suddenly increase.  these people who will now have insurance will now see primary care physicians rather than ER doctors.

or perhaps you're saying that doctors will make less money, because we're trying to get health care costs under control. well, in some cases that may be true.  But I really don't care that some docs will only be making $300,000 a year rather than the $350,000 that they're making now.

the best analogy I've seen is equal pay for equal work.  when the civil rights act was passed, employers suddenly needed to pay blacks the same as whites.  Sorry white guy, I can't give you a raise this year because I have to give it to the black guy to get his salary close to what you're making.  in the short term, there are winners and losers.  but that doesn't mean that in the long term it is not a good thing.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 12:40:56 AM »
strange.  it doesn't start until Jan 1, 2014. any rate increases going on now are from external factors.
group plan rates were skyrocketing long before ACA.  The ACA is an attempt to get the prices under control. 

allowing you to pay to keep your kids on your group plan until they're 26 didn't cause your rates to go up.

I find it strange that pro business conservatives are so quite about ACA.  Since the vast majority of Americans get their health insurance through their work, health care is a huge burden on these businesses.  A other industrial countries provide health care or health insurance through the government, giving their businesses an advantage in a global market.  Businesses should be screaming for single payer. How much more competitive would they be if the cost of health insurance for employees and retirees were suddenly gone?

There is a movement afloat to move Oregon into a single payer plan, much like Vermont just did.