Author Topic: Do you know any gym owners in Florida or California?  (Read 1723 times)

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
Re: Do you know any gym owners in Florida or California?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 10:58:09 AM »
I think your mate is full of shit and just wants your money.

Gym work is one step up from cleaning toilets here, although doing that is part of plenty of gym jobs. The work is part time, low pay. The trainers in most gyms are sub contractors and are considered self employed. I'm sure you could make a good living doing that since you seem to fit the part and have an outgoing personality but getting visa sponsorship for that would take some doing.

Also, most gyms in those 2 sun states are corporate owned such as planet fitness, 24 hour fitness etc. the person you would get on the phone would simply be the manager who I doubt would want the hassle of helping someone who could probably steal their job get into the country.

I'm not paying him anything, we'll see brah. I'm just throwing out ideas here, you never know who might know someone here and help me out.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
I think your mate is full of shit and just wants your money.

Gym work is one step up from cleaning toilets here, although doing that is part of plenty of gym jobs. The work is part time, low pay. The trainers in most gyms are sub contractors and are considered self employed. I'm sure you could make a good living doing that since you seem to fit the part and have an outgoing personality but getting visa sponsorship for that would take some doing.

Also, most gyms in those 2 sun states are corporate owned such as planet fitness, 24 hour fitness etc. the person you would get on the phone would simply be the manager who I doubt would want the hassle of helping someone who could probably steal their job get into the country.

Forget the gym idea for a minute. Have you any ideas?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 11:00:24 AM »
Only CA or FL? Living in the broke paradise of CA is expensive. And in FL, learn to use a gun.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 11:03:02 AM »
No, I'm not joking. I have a degree in Electronic Engineering but I doubt my chances of getting hired by a big company so I'm looking at more of a business/manageral type "career training" role in a smaller organisation like a gym or something.

you can be our "sign guy"... the guy who holds the big 6'x9' sign at the intersection to advertise our "19.99/month" rates. lol... it's like 120 degrees 6 months out of the year and you'll have to stand out there for 6hours a day (NO sitting!)... just wear a big gardner hat and bring a cooler full of water (our other sign guys usually bring an Ice Tea jug filled with rum, so that's an option, if you like... or whiskey, in your case, I guess).

you'll make $9/hr and get a good tan!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 11:04:19 AM »
people like to think Mexicans and Asians are some of the most illegal immigrants in the USA but a huge number of Germans are as well.  They come for vacation and never leave.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »
you can be our "sign guy"... the guy who holds the big 6'x9' sign at the intersection to advertise our "19.99/month" rates. lol... it's like 120 degrees 6 months out of the year and you'll have to stand out there for 6hours a day (NO sitting!)... just wear a big gardner hat and bring a cooler full of water (our other sign guys usually bring an Ice Tea jug filled with rum, so that's an option, if you like... or whiskey, in your case, I guess).

you'll make $9/hr and get a good tan!

This sounds great, what's your number?