Author Topic: Do you know any gym owners in Florida or California?  (Read 1746 times)

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
Do you know any gym owners in Florida or California?
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:44:12 AM »
I'm considering making the big move to the States but need a gym owner to sponsor me so I can get a work VISA. Or even a business owner of some sort. I'd pay the VISA costs and I'd even work for free for a few months. Any ideas?
Cheers!

Schmoff

• Getbig V
Re: Do you know any gym owners in Florida or California?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:47:03 AM »
shut down!!!!

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:47:45 AM »
Cue G-Thang in 3...2...1...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:52:30 AM »
f

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 10:03:17 AM »
I'm considering making the big move to the States but need a gym owner to sponsor me so I can get a work VISA. Or even a business owner of some sort. I'd pay the VISA costs and I'd even work for free for a few months. Any ideas?
Cheers!
How was you're trip to Forida?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »
Could sneak across the southern Mexican boarder, like thousands do. Or through Canada like quite a few from Ireland and the British Isles are doing.  Or come with a tourist visa and just stay.  First choice for people from the Middle East. If ever questioned, tell them your a Southie, from Boston. They all have accents too. If your lucky enough to get to stay here, never used the term 'states', dead give away your not a born citizen.

Known a few gym owners in the past. Most on the edge of going broke. Not an easy thing, no matter what you may read in some of the BBíng magazines. And you may have to wait quite awhile.  A good friend of mine was from the Shetland Islands, and came over with a work visa. Turned out very well for him and that was years ago.

I'm a American National, wasn't born in the U.S. but have most of the same rights, except for voting.

F

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »
Cue G-Thang in 3...2...1...

The bitch can't mooch off the British anymore

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 10:05:40 AM »
I'm in VA, could put you to work in one of my work farms, err, I mean projects. ;D

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 10:06:42 AM »
This is a joke right?

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »
This is a joke right?

No, I'm not joking. I have a degree in Electronic Engineering but I doubt my chances of getting hired by a big company so I'm looking at more of a business/manageral type "career training" role in a smaller organisation like a gym or something.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »
Could sneak across the southern Mexican boarder, like thousands do. Or through Canada like quite a few from Ireland and the British Isles are doing.  Or come with a tourist visa and just stay.  First choice for people from the Middle East. If ever questioned, tell them your a Southie, from Boston. They all have accents too. If your lucky enough to get to stay here, never used the term 'states', dead give away your not a born citizen.

Known a few gym owners in the past. Most on the edge of going broke. Not an easy thing, no matter what you may read in some of the BBíng magazines. And you may have to wait quite awhile.  A good friend of mine was from the Shetland Islands, and came over with a work visa. Turned out very well for him and that was years ago.

I'm a American National, wasn't born in the U.S. but have most of the same rights, except for voting.

Thanks for the advice, there's a few options open to me - it's very easy to get a holiday VISA but I'm wary of "just staying". If I get caught I'm fucked.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 10:15:24 AM »
Just visit a random gym and hook up with a schmoe

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 10:16:34 AM »
Just visit a random gym and hook up with a schmoe

Sounds like a plan

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 10:20:29 AM »
Getting a sponsored visa for a gym job is pretty hard since it is basically unskilled work, relatively speaking, plus it costs the employer time and money. The visa is set up for employers who have a hard time filling skilled jobs with local talent.

Also, as an Australian who lives here you have to realize most people can't understand half of what you say, especially on the phone where they can't see your lips or in a noisy gym. Irish accent would be even worse.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »
Sounds like a plan

But in all seriousness, why the hell on earth do you want to leave Ireland, just because of the weather?

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 10:22:47 AM »
Getting a sponsored visa for a gym job is pretty hard since it is basically unskilled work, relatively speaking, plus it costs the employer time and money. The visa is set up for employers who have a hard time filling skilled jobs with local talent.

Also, as an Australian who lives here you have to realize most people can't understand half of what you say, especially on the phone where they can't see your lips or in a noisy gym. Irish accent would be even worse.

I'm going to pay the VISA and the rest so it wouldn't be any hassle. My friend is an immigration lawyer in NY and said once I got them on the phone he'd pretty much guarantee they'd take me on. I'd even work for free if need be. I'm not stuck for money.
With regards my accent, I've been to the US twice in the last 2 weeks (Vegas and Florida) and people never have an issue understanding me. I don't have a very thick brogue.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »
But in all seriousness, why the hell on earth do you want to leave Ireland, just because of the weather?

The weather, the women, the economy, the boredom? I'm sick of drinking too I want to make some strides elsewhere. I wouldn't be moving for a few months though because I've a lot of things going on right now.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 10:24:53 AM »
f
'samir'arnold forget about the teeth,get back on the sauce will ya ...

the trainer

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 10:25:21 AM »
Cheers!

Lots of ideas, how are your dick sucking skills, how do you look in a bunny suit,best bet is to pm tbombz and stay at his apartment for a while he can use his contacts to get you set up.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Once you got who on the phone?

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 10:26:14 AM »
Lots of ideas, how are your dick sucking skills, how do you look in a bunny suit,best bet is to pm tbombz and stay at his apartment for a while he can use his contacts to get you set up.

lol tbombz I never thought of him!!

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 10:26:55 AM »
Once you got who on the phone?

A potential employer.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 10:50:45 AM »
A potential employer.
I think your mate is full of shit and just wants your money.

Gym work is one step up from cleaning toilets here, although doing that is part of plenty of gym jobs. The work is part time, low pay. The trainers in most gyms are sub contractors and are considered self employed. I'm sure you could make a good living doing that since you seem to fit the part and have an outgoing personality but getting visa sponsorship for that would take some doing.

Also, most gyms in those 2 sun states are corporate owned such as planet fitness, 24 hour fitness etc. the person you would get on the phone would simply be the manager who I doubt would want the hassle of helping someone who could probably steal their job get into the country.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
just hook up some local whore who needs money and pay her to marry you

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 10:55:01 AM »
I'm thinking. . .
a