Author Topic: Pre-Workout meals  (Read 1638 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Pre-Workout meals
« on: December 27, 2005, 03:41:35 PM »
I know to consume protien before a workout and right after but for the past little while I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast and for pre-workouts. I am trying to bulk up and it has been working. Im gonna be getting ready to start cutting for summer and It'll be my first time ever cutting. Its always been trying to get big so I wanna do it as best I can. My Question is...Is it alright to not have oatmeal before a workout and just have my whey?
bodybuildersreality.com

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
Re: Pre-Workout meals
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 05:46:35 PM »
as for myself I have whey and some creatine before and after my workout...if you want to bulk I would worry about all you whole food meals after your workout, especially your first whole food meal within 1 hour after your workout....

example

pre workout 50 grams whey 6 grams creatine

post workout 50 grams whey and 6 grams creatine

within 1 hr of workout whole food meal: 1/2 pound extra lean(97%) ground beef mixed with 3 cups whole wheat pasta, 1 tomato diced on top for flavor

thereafter eat every 2-3 hrs until bedtime...

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 07:37:23 PM »
I just eat a normal meal before I work out. Afterwards I have creatine with dextrose and 50g of whey.

Tailz

• Getbig II
  • Are you bullet proof? THEN STFU!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 10:24:21 PM »
I just eat a normal meal before I work out. Afterwards I have creatine with dextrose and 50g of whey.

Exactly...  except i dont use creatine with dextrose... just the whey  :)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 07:18:54 PM »
alright.....so in grams...about how much carbs do you guys consume a day?
bodybuildersreality.com

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 03:05:15 PM »
You may become sluggish in the gym!Protein mainly helps rebuild & grow while the oatmeal mainly supplies your muscles w/energy.

Tubbs

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigger!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 05:47:13 AM »
alright.....so in grams...about how much carbs do you guys consume a day?
You're doing the right thing by taking oatmeal twice a day. I take about 150-200g twice a day. I take my second service two hours before my work-out ,with cottage cheese (400g). I take about 400-450 g of carbs per day. After my work-out I take a dose of Cell-Mass, and 20 minutes later 40g of whey + a service of Pure Muscle Carbs from Ultimate (cheap by the way). Then 30 minutes later I have a "real" meal.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 08:42:28 AM »
If you're bulking, I'd suggest focusing on the carbs post workout.

For someone weighing 200 lbs, 120-140 grams of fast carbs with 25-30 grams of some good protein, and 3-5 grams of creatine is a good PWShake. I like maltodextrin as carb source, dextrose is also good.

For pre-workout meal, right before training, I'd say drink 10 grams of a protein shake. This of course if you've had a solid meal around 90-120 minutes prior. If you haven't eaten a good solid meal, eat a banana with the pre-workout drink.

Just some suggestions.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise