Author Topic: Celltech & other Creatine  (Read 10964 times)

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
Celltech & other Creatine
« on: December 27, 2005, 11:00:59 PM »
You see pictures of Celltech ads in magazines all the time. Same chubby guy then hes ripped in the next pic just by eating right, training and taking this "magic" creatine.

Is Celltech really the best creatine out there? Does it really produce results like this?

What, in your opinions(and I expect quite a few, lol) is the BEST creatine out on the market today??

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
Re: Celltech & other Creatine
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 11:02:37 PM »
Don't bother with it.

If u must, get good pharmacutical grade stuff and mix it.

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 11:20:06 PM »
Yea, I was just thinking about getting on bulknutrition.com and ordering some Creatine Select and Glutamine Select from Beverly. How would that work?

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 11:26:24 PM »
I dunno. I've only ever used the bulk stuff, cell tech and gnc stuff. I put on hepas of weight on the bulk stuff, but I was also taking other sups and eating heaps. I got pretty fat.

Save ur money and take gear instead if u can.

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 11:28:42 PM »
I dunno. I've only ever used the bulk stuff, cell tech and gnc stuff. I put on hepas of weight on the bulk stuff, but I was also taking other sups and eating heaps. I got pretty fat.

Save ur money and take gear instead if u can.

I plan on taking gear in the future, but for now I'm trying to put on as much natural mass as possible. Within the next 3 years I know I'll be starting my first cycle.

and those beverly products combined are under 60 so its not too expensive. I heard Beverly was the best around anyway so I thought cant go wrong.

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 11:34:38 PM »
ok. Good idea.

U sound young and r doing the right thing.

I honestly wouldn't waste too much money on sups. As i said to a mate today, the stuff doesn't have to be proven to work, and quite frankly, the ads u see in the mags r complete bullshit. U might put on a few kilos on creatine, but nothing worth raving about. I know a previous mr universe natural and his best advice for me to put on size was to eat so much. He said just eat all the time, like as soon as u r hungry again, eat.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 04:27:21 PM »
i dont think you need creatine at this time at all most of the weightgain with it would be water anyway
Z

CHISELROCK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 06:48:11 PM »
You see pictures of Celltech ads in magazines all the time. Same chubby guy then hes ripped in the next pic just by eating right, training and taking this "magic" creatine.

Is Celltech really the best creatine out there? Does it really produce results like this?

What, in your opinions(and I expect quite a few, lol) is the BEST creatine out on the market today??

Celltech my friend is a major ripoff.  I'm surprised this post has been up here for as long as it has without someone speaking the well known truth about Muscletech.  As said above, there are much better products out there at a much cheaper price.  You can mix it yourself as well.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 09:16:06 PM »
Celltech my friend is a major ripoff.  I'm surprised this post has been up here for as long as it has without someone speaking the well known truth about Muscletech.  As said above, there are much better products out there at a much cheaper price.  You can mix it yourself as well.

The "well known truth about MuscleTech", as far as I'm concerned is that the company's goods work and work well, CELL-TECH in particular.

As for the price goes, I've mentioned in my thread posted a few weeks ago that I've purchased several 7-lb. jugs as a discount price, the last two for $20 each.

I've used CELL-TECH for the past year, and I'm happy with the results.

And that's the truth!!

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 09:29:46 PM »
i dont think you need creatine at this time at all most of the weightgain with it would be water anyway

this statement couldn't be further from "teh" truth

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 11:14:18 PM »
I've only tried cell tech once.Compared to other creatines i've tried it's a complete waste of money.You gain a little muscle size but the majority of your gains come in the form of water bloat.All the ppl. i've seen using it was the same.Bloated & very unimpressive due to no muscle detail at all.Try just regular creatine monohydrate (must be lots cheaper now than when I last trained) & see for yourself if your a responder before spending more money on cell tech.This is especially true if your Canadian & buying the Canadian version of Muscle Tech products.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 11:17:13 PM »
CellTech is defintiely the most recognized but in reality it is shit.  It is mostly sugar.  You gain because of the creatine and sugar.  It is overpriced to.  You have to to take so much that it i leass expensive.  The biggest waste of money.  I had a very successful store in Honolulu and we had at least 30+ people switch to Averasport once they tried it.  They sponsored a show of mine and gave free samples to every competitor in the Jiu-Jitsu and bench events.  They ended up selling eevrything they brought to the show because guys felt it right-away.  I had 3 guys in the Honolulu marathon take it.  They each ran it multiple times.  They ended up beating all their best times and each told me all they did was add Averasport.  They ended up buying cases from me.  Celltech sucks and I would think any creatine is better and cheaper.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 11:51:44 PM »
i take a brand of creatine thats a knock-off of cell-tech, same amount of dextrose, creatine, etc. Excellent.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2006, 08:38:34 AM »
The first creatine product I ever used to loading was Phosphagen HP almost 10 years ago. That stuff worked great!!

Any supplement that taste like Kool-Aid and helps add mass does right by me.

The only thing I don't like about creatine cocktail products (Phosphagen HP, ON Pre-Load Creatine, Twinlab Creatine Loading Fuel, CELL-TECH, etc.) is the orange-flavored kind. I've yet to try one that didn't taste terrible.

CHISELROCK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2006, 03:11:47 PM »
The "well known truth about MuscleTech", as far as I'm concerned is that the company's goods work and work well, CELL-TECH in particular.

As for the price goes, I've mentioned in my thread posted a few weeks ago that I've purchased several 7-lb. jugs as a discount price, the last two for $20 each.

I've used CELL-TECH for the past year, and I'm happy with the results.

And that's the truth!!

I suppose you have a subscription to MuscleMag to.  ::)

I just found this picture in your profile  ;D

CHISELROCK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 03:30:14 PM »
The following was posted a few years back on another board.  Its very enlightening to say the least. 

No doubt the worst crap Muscletech has put out to date (although it may be a draw with their ANA stack). This is a totally unfounded product whose reliablility rests entirely on irrelevant studies that were sponsored and doctored by Muscletech.

Lets start by discussing Insulin. The claim is made that there is no better enhancer of insulin than dextrose. Maybe, maybe not. Its definitely not the best single insulin enhancer around. As I will demonstrate later. Cell-tech utilizes 75 grams of dextrose to spike insulin and improve insulin-mediated uptake. In itself a good attempt. But why 75 grams ? According to Muscletech because this is an optimal dose. Bullshit. Optimal doses have been estimated around 95 grams and more depending on bodyweight and other factors. 75 grams is merely the amount used in insulin sensitivity tests for diabetics. It has no scientific root whatsoever. Its just a number and nothing more.

Next a point Muscletech has disputed heavily. 75 grams of SUGAR makes you FAT. While they dispute it, I've yet to see them prove otherwise. Try it for yourself. Take 75 grams of sugar per day and see what gives after two weeks. Oh yes, Cell-tech will pack on the pounds, only I doubt it'll be where you want them.

So what gives ? Why do I say that 75 grams is not enough, and then go on to say 75 grams will make you fat ? Well, one study clearly documented that a mix of 47 grams of simple carbs and 50grams of protein had an equal effect on insulin-mediated creatine uptake as did an optimal dose of 96 grams of dextrose. First of all that's 35% less sugar to make you fat, secondly that adds 50 grams of protein which also use the carbs as a means of getting absorbed, again lessening the chance of adding fat to the frame, and thirdly with the creatine and protein and carbs, you find yourself with everything you really need after a workout. So who sells such a mix ? Everyone. Any weight gainer will give you at least that ratio and probably more. Then simply add any cheap brand of creapure creatine like prolab or met-rx, even twinlab (25 bucks for 200 servings, good for 90 days, loading included). Voila, a mix that will pack twice the amount of muscle on that cell-tech ever will and won't make you even half as fat.

But you haven't heard the best part yet. Compare the price. With the gainer you eliminate the need of adding another protein powder, so extract that amount. You'll come out to half or less per serving of what cell-tech costs and with twice the gains and half the fat.

Good time perhaps to address those stupid Cell-tech ads that say taking it with grape juice will make you fat. Why ? Wanna hear another name for grape sugar ? dextrose ! So wait a minute ? The Dextrose in one glass of grape juice (15 grams at best) will make me fat , but 75 grams of pure dextrose won't ? I'm not following here.

200 mg of Alpha lipoic acid. Great. Studies show ALA to increase insulin sensitivity, but first of all to no serious degree, and secondly using doses of well over 1 gram. I believe the protocol was 600 mg 3 times a day. At that dose it would be a waste of money if you bought a generic version. With cell-tech its already a waste at the 200 measily mg they put in per serving. Lastly, ALA denatures when exposed to air. So really you need to take it in a cap form. Basically that means once your tub of cell-tech has been opened, after 2-3 days your ALA becomes a total waste. Sorry. So scratch the fact that the ALA helps even one damn bit.

Chromium Picolinate. Studies suggest that unless you are deficient in chromium it doesn't matter what form you take, the chance of you absorbing any of it is second to none. So what if you are deficient ? Well that usually occurs in people who are overweight. And I'm not about to recommend that anyone who has to deal with overweight start taking 75 grams of sugar per day. So that's out. And even in a therapy to overcome a deficiency, doses of 2-3 mg are used, while 1 serving of Cell-tech barely contains 300 µg. So scratch that. Besides chromium pic has long since been kept from use as an effective fat loss or insulin sensitivity compound. (a point I may choose to address when I get round to speaking of Hydroxycut)

10 grams of creatine per serving. First of all, after loading phase (5-7 days) the maximum amount of creatine absorbed is 7-10 grams. So yeah, you can absorb 10 grams, doesn't mean I'd take them all at once. Taking too much creatine all at once can cause severe diarrhea for several days as the excess creatine is excreted, and as an extremely polar compound it takes a lot of water along with it.

So yes, you can do it: Add 10 pounds of pure flab and 10 pounds of water weight to your frame in only 6 short weeks, and all this for a mere 3 times the price of what a supplement with actual use would go for !

Now, I know they've recently changed the formula for Cell-Tech so I cant speak for the newer product.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 10:33:26 PM »
I suppose you have a subscription to MuscleMag to.  ::)

I just found this picture in your profile  ;D

Now, there's an original post. Another GetBig member who has pledge his soul to hating all things MuscleTech.  ::)

As for diatribe......OH DARN!!! I guess I'm going to have to tell my physique it's supposed to be fat, because of the CELL-TECH I've used over the past year. What's worse, I'm going to have to tell my abs to disappear, because, although I've carved my physique down to 227 lbs, I was using CELL-TECH to maintain my size and strength.

OOOOOHHH!!! Whatever shall I do? 

As for the new CELL-TECH, the change has been that MuscleTech has replaced the 10 grams of creatine monohydrate with 10 grams of "Crea-Edge", a blend of creatine monohydrate, creatine anhydrous, dicreatine malate, creatine alpha-ketoglutarate, and creatine ethyl ester HCL.

That's part of the reason why the jugs of the old CELL-TECH formula have been marked down.

CELL-TECH may be the best product MuscleTech has in its array, if for no other reason the company made the smart move to shift the emphasis to creatine and whey products (NITRO-TECH). How many supplement companies, who built their foundation on ephedra/ma huang-based fat-burners and prohormones crashed and burned, when the wheels of the ephedra ban and prohormone ban started in motion?

Furthermore, the last time someone claimed that the ALA in CELL-TECH goes back a few days after the product is exposed to air, that claimed got picked apart, by a fellow poster, who gave several links as to how ALA is stabilized in the manufacuturing process.

Bottom line, this "enlightening" post sounds like little more than yet another tired "I hate MuscleTech" rant.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2006, 10:45:36 PM »
i dont think cell tech is a "bad" product... but is it really worth all that extra money?

CHISELROCK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 10:51:43 PM »
Now, there's an original post. Another GetBig member who has pledge his soul to hating all things MuscleTech.  ::)

As for diatribe......OH DARN!!! I guess I'm going to have to tell my physique it's supposed to be fat, because of the CELL-TECH I've used over the past year. What's worse, I'm going to have to tell my abs to disappear, because, although I've carved my physique down to 227 lbs, I was using CELL-TECH to maintain my size and strength.

OOOOOHHH!!! Whatever shall I do? 

As for the new CELL-TECH, the change has been that MuscleTech has replaced the 10 grams of creatine monohydrate with 10 grams of "Crea-Edge", a blend of creatine monohydrate, creatine anhydrous, dicreatine malate, creatine alpha-ketoglutarate, and creatine ethyl ester HCL.

That's part of the reason why the jugs of the old CELL-TECH formula have been marked down.

CELL-TECH may be the best product MuscleTech has in its array, if for no other reason the company made the smart move to shift the emphasis to creatine and whey products (NITRO-TECH). How many supplement companies, who built their foundation on ephedra/ma huang-based fat-burners and prohormones crashed and burned, when the wheels of the ephedra ban and prohormone ban started in motion?

Furthermore, the last time someone claimed that the ALA in CELL-TECH goes back a few days after the product is exposed to air, that claimed got picked apart, by a fellow poster, who gave several links as to how ALA is stabilized in the manufacuturing process.

Bottom line, this "enlightening" post sounds like little more than yet another tired "I hate MuscleTech" rant.

AHAH!

So you do have a subscription to Musclemag.  ;D

CHISELROCK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 10:53:32 PM »
i dont think cell tech is a "bad" product... but is it really worth all that extra money?

Absolutely not.  Your paying for the 7 page ads claiming an extraordinary benefit that only the naive will believe.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 11:14:02 PM »
hahaha, i see

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2006, 07:11:43 PM »
AHAH!

So you do have a subscription to Musclemag.  ;D

No I don't. I buy them off the rack, when I feel like it. Exactly what does having or not having a subscription to MuscleMag have to do with anything?

I guess that meant that I had a subscription to Muscle Media 2000, since I used Phosphagen HP all those years (along with Myoplex and other EAS supplements I've used over the years).

Oops!! I've used Mass Fuel before, which means my shelves must be lined with MD (in all its incarnations).

The point, of course, is that a supplement either works well or it does not. CELL-TECH works well for me and many others. Magazine subscriptions have zip to do with it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2006, 07:25:19 PM »

The price thing isn't that big of an issue, depending on where you shop. The best thing about MuscleTech upgrading CELL-TECH is that the old CELL-TECH has been marked down considerably. In November, I got a 7-lb. jug of CELL-TECH (old formula) for $40.

A few weeks back in December, I managed to picked up TWO jugs of the old CELL-TECH, each marked down to $20. And it appears that CELL-TECH Carb Control is also on the discount shelves of GNC.

If you search, you can find CELL-TECH (and other MuscleTech products) at great prices. Same thing applies for any other brand of supplement goodies.

CHISELROCK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2006, 07:29:54 PM »
Actually the point is cost.  To you its no difference because you can get the sugar/creatine combo cheap.  But to the people that pay full price for CellTech, they need to know there are much cheaper alternatives.  If they want to pay full price and flush their hard-earned cash down the toilet, then thats their perogative.

Make your own------>
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/creatine/muscletech-cell-tech-homemade.htm

I'm not flaming you bro.  :) 

I just want to inform people of their choices.  Muscletech has been known for overpricing their products for years and this has developed a large community of people who are intent on helping out those just starting to hit the weights to make better choices on their supplement purchases.  The new people have the advantage of learning from mistakes made by others.

But, if you can get it cheap, then...hell....why not.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »
Actually the point is cost.  To you its no difference because you can get the sugar/creatine combo cheap.  But to the people that pay full price for CellTech, they need to know there are much cheaper alternatives.  If they want to pay full price and flush their hard-earned cash down the toilet, then thats their perogative.

Make your own------>
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/creatine/muscletech-cell-tech-homemade.htm

I'm not flaming you bro.  :) 

I just want to inform people of their choices.  Muscletech has been known for overpricing their products for years and this has developed a large community of people who are intent on helping out those just starting to hit the weights to make better choices on their supplement purchases.  The new people have the advantage of learning from mistakes made by others.

But, if you can get it cheap, then...hell....why not.

MuscleTech isn't doing anything that hasn't been done by supplement companies for years. I'll give you an example. When MET-Rx first came out, people were singing the praises of this stuff, left and right. The original MET-Rx (divided into two formulas, MET-Rx Plus and MET-Rx Base) cost about $65. When the company ditched the Plus and Base thing and lumped the formula together, the 20-serving box used to cost $63.

When the Performance Series hit the market, MET-Rx with HMB was $75.

And, just as MuscleTech ads are now, the MET-Rx ads back then were multi-page ads with scientific jargon and testimonies aplenty, telling of the greatness of Metamyosyn.
Almost a decade later, MET-Rx, in any incarnation, is about HALF of what it used to cost.

I've made it clear as to how and where I've obtain such discounts on CELL-TECH. What I find so silly is that, when I do so, not only do I get "flamed" for mentioning CELL-TECH, but the potshots also come for having the "audacity" to suggest that someone go to GNC, to get the same hook-ups I did.

Unless the GNC stores in other states aren't as gracious as those here in Florida, I don't see why people can't go there and look for the discounts, not only on CELL-TECH but for any other product (MuscleTech brand or not).

I have NEVER paid the full retail price ($80) for CELL-TECH and I never will. As much as I like the product, I know that I can get by, using other creatine supplements (i.e. Phosphagen HP) if needed.

If CELL-TECH (or any other supplement, creatine or otherwise) is being offered at crazy discounts, then, like you, I want to inform people of such happenings.