Author Topic: Boehner: 'There Is No Way' We're Passing Plain Debt-Ceiling Increase  (Read 1003 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Boehner: 'There Is No Way' We're Passing Plain Debt-Ceiling Increase
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 05:57:33 PM »

So obamas statement was just flop sweat for morons like yourself to nod to like a trained seal?

way too nuanced for this board

All the Dems voted against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 because they knew it was a purely symbolic gesture because they were in the minority and the Repubs had the votes to raise the debt ceiling

Congress has always done symbolic shit like this and they do it when they KNOW their vote doesn't matter which is what allows them to do symbolic stuff
We all know that they even trade these votes around like baseball cards.  If both parties want to get something done then they make sure they have the votes to do it and then let various members of the opposing party have their symbolic "no" vote. 

The difference now of course (and I don't expect any of the right wingers on this board to understand this or admit they understand it) is the party that has the majority is now refusing to raise the debt ceiling

The Repubs are truly acting recklessly and they simply don't care.   As one of their idiots said last week they need to get something out of this and they don't even know what it is yet

BTW - in spite of the right wingers on this board who believe this is all the Dems fault the public isn't agreeing with that at all

Polls are showing the the public knows damn well who is to blame for this

Again, I don't expect the usual gang of right wing idiots on this board to be able to understand any of this

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 06:05:53 PM »
So obamas statement was just flop sweat for morons like yourself to nod to like a trained seal?

yes, Obama's statement was bullshit symbolic posturing by a member of a party where the entire party's vote was irrelevant at that time

This is basic stuff to anyone who has a even the most simplistic understanding of how Congress works

I definitely don't expect someone like you to be capable of understanding that

It's really quite simple but still well beyond your grasp

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 08:52:59 PM »
yes, Obama's statement was bullshit symbolic posturing by a member of a party where the entire party's vote was irrelevant at that time

This is basic stuff to anyone who has a even the most simplistic understanding of how Congress works

I definitely don't expect someone like you to be capable of understanding that

It's really quite simple but still well beyond your grasp

Your giving him too much credit.