Author Topic: Will this board as a group ever respect Phil Heath as Mr. O?  (Read 8368 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Will this board as a group ever respect Phil Heath as Mr. O?
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2013, 04:25:11 AM »
NO. He deserves no respect and WILL NEVER have my respect.
He is cocky, arrogant, not manly, and treats others like garbage.
He does not deserve any thing he has. While families are going to bed hungry and people are struggling paycheck to paycheck, hes buying new cars and taking photos of his money. He should be helping those who need it...but hes not...and he wont.
Hes insecure, fake, and just a bad representaion of the sport. The complete opposite of what a Mr. olympia should be.
His shoulders are narrow, and his body looks just like every other dude out there.
In my opinion, worst Mr. Olympia ever. Worst human being ever. Worst soul ever. They should take his Sandow away from him and kick him out of bodybuilding.

Yes bobert chick would have been a better mr O....

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2013, 04:36:52 AM »
His personality is a major turn off.

x2

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2013, 04:50:14 AM »
I hate him because he doesn't respect the white towel

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2013, 05:42:43 AM »
Nope. Plainly speaking, he is not a good Mr. O. He is a good Mr. O because he is just lucky enough to compete in a shitty era of bodybuilding. Put him in the 90's or early 2000s and he would maybe be top 6. I just dont respect him as Mr. O because I think he had it easier than a lot of other Mr. O's.

He also parades around and acts like a "badass."  ::) ::)

Could say the same about Haney, who ever was close to his size until his last win? He copped shit during his wins too. Just no internet then.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2013, 05:46:04 AM »
I like the way he acts. It seems getbig in general has a problem with people who are self confident and stick up for themselves.

I like that Olympia speech.  he basically told people to suck his dick and he's the champ.

Its funny but sports figures from other sports, the major sports such as baseball football and basketball tweet with their fans and engage in social media... But here we have bodybuilding, which is a much smaller sport in scale and market, and our champion is supposed to be above that.  ::)
I guess it boils down to us not wanting our thong n' oil Champi-on to be "tainted" by the main stream, but at the same time, we yearn for it to be accepted by the main stream. ::)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2013, 05:47:01 AM »
Nope. Dude should be lucky to be making top 6.

X2

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2013, 05:50:11 AM »
Heath does not bother me at all. As long as Kai never gets an Olympia  :-X

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2013, 06:31:17 AM »
???

Definitely respect him! People don't have to like him, his accomplishments in Bodybuilding are rare ! 3 x time Mr.O how can you not respect that? I personally have never met him , I don't know the guy so it's hard to say if I like him! He represents Bodybuilding well!

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2013, 06:52:20 AM »
What's funny? I'm being serious. Dude is 3x Mr. O with a near perfect body and we give him shit like he's "Down" Hill. It's all good to make fun of his effeminate actions and occasional behaviors but there's no way you can deny the dude's physique.

Not that it matters to any of you, but I respect him as a Mr. O.

"near perfect body?" not at all.  Weird chest and average abs throw off everything that is near perfect, along with his narrow shoulder girth. Out of all the Mr. Olympia's going back to Lee Haney the only physique I would choose his over would be Jay Cutler.   Heck, there are at least about half a dozen pros now I would choose to look like before Phil Heath. Respect him as Mr. Olympia? Absolutely. He is the best bodybuilder in the world but for 364 days I would rather look like the individuals below. Im sure I can expand this list.

1.Rhoden
2.Winklaar
3.Jackson
4.McMillan
5.Martinez
6.Freeman

the trainer

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2013, 07:01:06 AM »
Phil is cool but i prefer the freaky mass monsters as mr o dorian yates, ronnie coleman and in this era i would prefer to see a monster like big ramy as mr o.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2013, 09:18:06 AM »
NO. He deserves no respect and WILL NEVER have my respect.
He is cocky, arrogant, not manly, and treats others like garbage.
He does not deserve any thing he has. While families are going to bed hungry and people are struggling paycheck to paycheck, hes buying new cars and taking photos of his money. He should be helping those who need it...but hes not...and he wont.
Hes insecure, fake, and just a bad representaion of the sport. The complete opposite of what a Mr. olympia should be.
His shoulders are narrow, and his body looks just like every other dude out there.
In my opinion, worst Mr. Olympia ever. Worst human being ever. Worst soul ever. They should take his Sandow away from him and kick him out of bodybuilding.

Holy shit are you mad bro? LOL

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »
Holy shit are you mad bro? LOL
He is a little heated that Phil was being selfish and fanning himself with is "money fan"...that was totally not cool.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 09:26:05 AM »

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »
Problem is, people get nostalgic and make both impossible and unnecessary comparisons. The dude is complete head to toe, comes in consistent condition, with EASILY the best separation in the game...if you've got your own prrsonal agenda to despise the guy you probably have far too much time on your hands...people act like the guy is a reformed paedophile...

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2013, 01:53:29 PM »
"near perfect body?" not at all.  Weird chest and average abs throw off everything that is near perfect, along with his narrow shoulder girth. Out of all the Mr. Olympia's going back to Lee Haney the only physique I would choose his over would be Jay Cutler.   Heck, there are at least about half a dozen pros now I would choose to look like before Phil Heath. Respect him as Mr. Olympia? Absolutely. He is the best bodybuilder in the world but for 364 days I would rather look like the individuals below. Im sure I can expand this list.

1.Rhoden
2.Winklaar
3.Jackson
4.McMillan
5.Martinez
6.Freeman

IMO aside from "conditioning" Lionel and curry are better

Richard Jones from 10 yrs ago too

RJ was at the O , still looking big

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2013, 02:00:10 PM »
So, what exactly do you call the "bodybuilders" of the 60-70s, where they weren't taking GH or insulin? Larry Scott, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Reeves - they brought bodybuilding to a larger audience.

Wiggs is prob referring to modern bbing, without it u might as well do men's physique and even those guys use GH

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2013, 02:00:33 PM »

Did Richard Jones say when his next show will be?

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
Did Richard Jones say when his next show will be?

I'm not sure my boy kevin P was at expo doing work and saw him, I did see pics and he looks in good shape , could diet down and possibly get on stage but depends on his legs

Judging from pics with him and stan and Tito Raymond, RJ looks like he never left the scene 10 yrs back , prob 200 at 7/8% bf??

Look up expo pics I'm sure they are floating around

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2013, 02:32:46 PM »
I'm not sure my boy kevin P was at expo doing work and saw him, I did see pics and he looks in good shape , could diet down and possibly get on stage but depends on his legs

Judging from pics with him and stan and Tito Raymond, RJ looks like he never left the scene 10 yrs back , prob 200 at 7/8% bf??

Look up expo pics I'm sure they are floating around
There was an interview with him a few months back and he looked pretty damn big...it was odd, it was like looking at Shawn Ray before he retired.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2013, 02:35:04 PM »
phil collects shoes, handbags and remote control helicopter

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2013, 02:38:35 PM »
you can't respect anyone that looks like they are taking a massive dump in all their poses

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »
you can't respect anyone that looks like they are taking a massive dump in all their poses
What if they look like they are taking a semi-massive dump? Or a medium dump?
Isn't looking like one is taking a hard shit a prerequisite in posing today?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »
Phil is a good guy to hang with. He has interests outside of bodybuilding and can hold a conversation with anyone.
He always has time for the average gym members when he is here and would do anything to help promote a show.
When I hang out with him the conversation has never been about chicken and rice or anything boring like that.

Phil is a car nut and always end up talking cars, old, new, tricked up, stock or just ridiculous. He studies up on anything horsepower and knows his stuff.

The problem is, you guys only see him on a video or or hear second hand that someone doesn't like him but I can tell you, I have never had a bad experience or seen a fan treated anything but respectfully.

Dude is 3 X Mr O and a ripper bloke, I think it is time for him to be getbig approved!
nice to hear a opinion from the real life and not hearsay from bodybuilding boards and youtube clips

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2013, 03:04:37 PM »

Richard Jones was too small and wouldn't be able to stand next to Heath. He got out for a reason.