Author Topic: Lee Priest 7 days out from NABBA Universe 2013( & Results)  (Read 36089 times)

mong

• Getbig II
Re: Lee Priest 7 days out from NABBA Universe 2013( & Results)
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2013, 02:25:55 AM »
Denigrating the competition doesn't take away from the fact that he got up and had a go - contrary to the naysayers who predicted he would pull out. Sure the competition in the IFBB is different but I tend to think that the NABBA boys are still more representative of what bb should be. i.e. small gut, crazy width and taper. Is that too oldschool? I remember him as a kid and one thing he had in abundance was stage presence.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Lee Priest 7 days out from NABBA Universe 2013
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2013, 02:41:27 AM »
I've always suspected this as well...

his temperament and behavior is very consistent with meth addicts.

he wouldnlt hod that mass on meth no matter how many steroids he took

my understanding was he is hooked on nubain
T

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2013, 02:49:18 AM »
he wouldnlt hod that mass on meth no matter how many steroids he took

my understanding was he is hooked on nubain

nubain sucks... I really don't know many ppl who actually 'stay' on nubain for long... maybe two years tops.... before switching to straight opiate agonists/antagonists, since you stop feeling anything from the nubain after a while (even 2cc's iv won't do shit)... or at least move on to torbugesic, of which 1cc of the 10mg/cc stuff will still make your ears ring and put you to sleep before bed.... nubain is usually a 'phase' and once the 'enjoyable' part wears off and you only do it so you don't get dope-sick, you finally decide to get off.

I dunno... I've seen very large (and lean) bbers who had bad meth problems.... I've also known very fat people with meth problems.

there's a lot of bbers... pro's even (and 'bbing/fitness models')... who've abused the hell out of meth... coke gets expensive.... craig titus is one of them, I won't name the others. fairly common in the US.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2013, 02:51:28 AM »
nubain sucks... I really don't know many ppl who actually 'stay' on nubain for long... maybe two years tops.... before switching to straight opiate agonists/antagonists, since you stop feeling anything from the nubain after a while (even 2cc's iv won't do shit)... or at least move on to torbugesic, of which 1cc of the 10mg/cc stuff will still make your ears ring and put you to sleep before bed.... nubain is usually a 'phase' and once the 'enjoyable' part wears off and you only do it so you don't get dope-sick, you finally decide to get off.

I dunno... I've seen very large (and lean) bbers who had bad meth problems.... I've also known very fat people with meth problems.

there's a lot of bbers... pro's even (and 'bbing/fitness models')... who've abused the hell out of meth... coke gets expensive.... craig titus is one of them, I won't name the others. fairly common in the US.

but surely when they get on meth thats all that matters to them where they get the next hit

having the dicipline to train, eat and shoot steroids several times a day is not something i can imagine a meth head doing

meth fucks you up bad
T

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2013, 03:10:03 AM »
He's claimed so really low dosages...I understand that. But one would think that he's done something different than most. The pics above don't lie...it's safe to assume dude has been "on" since '94. What has he done different than others to remain competitive this long?
lol lee is on since he was 14 dude what are you talkin about?

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2013, 03:11:39 AM »
but surely when they get on meth thats all that matters to them where they get the next hit

having the dicipline to train, eat and shoot steroids several times a day is not something i can imagine a meth head doing

meth fucks you up bad

As long as the supply is not a problem then you can usually still be pretty functional for a while even on meth. It's very hard to put on muscle or even hold onto it with a meth habit though.. not like with smack or other opiates where you can still train, eat and grow.. it does help with the dieting though.

I am pretty sure though that Lee is not using meth or at least not addicted  .. he did not come across as a meth-head at all and does not look like one either... it's not something you can easily hide like heroin addiction.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2013, 04:09:46 AM »
Kind of funny how when Lee was in the olympia in the 90s his hamstrings was the one bodypart that always looked softer compared to others,now he is in his 40s and his hamstrings are the best they ever looked.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2013, 04:42:45 AM »
If every 1st placed in 4 classes is Nabba Universe PRO winner (& LP is Nabba PRO Universe 2013)
Who is then Nabba AMATEURS Universe winner ?????
 ::)

Just read on NABBAs facebook page that each class winner was given a pro card,so someone commented "whats the point,there are no pro shows in NABBA" and someone from NABBA has said next year there will be a pro NABBA World contest.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2013, 04:46:41 AM »
He's claimed so really low dosages...I understand that. But one would think that he's done something different than most. The pics above don't lie...it's safe to assume dude has been "on" since '94. What has he done different than others to remain competitive this long?

Dude! Ronnie has 8 O titles and been on who knows when, Cormier was/has been competing as long as Shawn Ray, turned pro in the early 90's and went all the way until 2007 or so and that's competing at the high end with tons of pro wins.  That's a long time not to mention Dex who is STILL competing and placing top 10 at the O this year, 4th last and Arnold classic winner earlier this yr

That being said nothing special on Lee... When was his last comp before this again??

Sorry but if lee was competing at this yrs O in the 212 class he wouldn't stand a chance against flex, Henry, Jose, Correa, Sami...not even mentioning the open class

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2013, 05:21:44 AM »
Kind of funny how when Lee was in the olympia in the 90s his hamstrings was the one bodypart that always looked softer compared to others,now he is in his 40s and his hamstrings are the best they ever looked.

Yes I thought his glutes and hams looked harder than ever. He never had striations before. Maybe it's due to Lee not bulking heavily recently and having been in prep mode for a longer period than he used to?

Or maybe he just hasn't been able to eat due to meth. :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2013, 05:23:51 AM »

You were addicted to opiates (or is it opiods) right? How did you get off?

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2013, 05:57:32 AM »

All opiates are opioids. Opioids is just the generic term for all substances binding to the opioid receptor in the body. Opiates are just those opioids that naturally occur in opium poppy... so all opiates are opioids but not all opioids are opiates ;)

Getting off can be done in different ways and also depends on how long you've been on and on what dosages. If you were a heavy user for a long time then going off cold turkey is probably not the best idea not just because it is a terrible experience but because your body will have a really hard time and it can actually be dangerous to do so. The best way is to gradually reduce the dose over time and then get off completely. There are a few things that can help with the withdrawal symptoms. Ibuprofen/paracetamol/aspirin will help with the fever, some weed can help with nausea and also with insomnia as well as overall mental feeling. Some people also use benzos like diazepam(valium) or alprazolam to sleep through the really hard time but you will need someone watching you all the time when doing so.. and also be careful not to get hooked on benzos because the withdrawal is just as bad. Some STH does also help in my opinion.. it will improve the poor sleep during the withdrawal and will help your body recover faster. There are also a few herbs that are supposed to be really helpful, I think the one mostly used is kava kava but I could be mistaken here. Apart from that make sure to drink plenty of fluids and try to get in as much nutrients as possible. Once the physical withdrawal is over you will have to deal with the mental issues and low endorphines.. working out really hard and having a proper social life will help with that.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2013, 06:07:39 AM »
Well at least he showed up this time and won congrats although a weak show that 3rd place dude would not even win Mr south Carolina in the NPC. Maybe Lee could place 10th in Mr O open class.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2013, 06:42:25 AM »
All opiates are opioids. Opioids is just the generic term for all substances binding to the opioid receptor in the body. Opiates are just those opioids that naturally occur in opium poppy... so all opiates are opioids but not all opioids are opiates ;)
*snip*

Very good post.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2013, 08:22:53 AM »
Props to Lee he looks great. As far as what show he's in who cares.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2013, 09:19:11 AM »
...pretty damn good for an elder statesman with substance abuse issues. Kudos to Priest for walking the walk....

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2013, 10:13:35 AM »
...pretty damn good for an elder statesman with substance abuse issues. Kudos to Priest for walking the walk....

Better than Victor Martinez. Should have been 5th at the Arnold.
$

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
all cadaver gh
"

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2013, 10:44:50 AM »
 8)
$

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2013, 11:43:35 AM »

I went from nubain to torbugesic (much stronger mg per mg) when the supply/production of nubain was cut (years ago, i'm unaware if or when production of nubain was restarted). I used a high dose of temgesic for 5 days, and 10 days at a half-dose.. starting on the 12th day or so I added ultram at about 200mg/day. I decreased the ultram by 50mg/day every 2 weeks after that until it was zero. Also used 10mg valium IV at night to sleep the first couple weeks along with 5mg valium once or twice a day for a few weeks.. then down to 10mg valium orally and 5mg when waking up for a couple weeks. I see absolutely zero "fun" in valium (or any benzo) and used it for the anxiety, which is the absolute worst part of opiate withdrawl (along with the 'skin crawling'). so after a couple months I was off everything, but the psychological withdrawl remained for months afterwards. I did try smoking weed (the weakest stuff I could find) a few times to help with anxiety during the day, but I was unimpressed with it.

I helped a few people get off nubain using my 'technique' and had a nice big thread on 'bolex before their server crashed... it might be possible to find in on Google still... also had a big thread cached on bluelight.nu on getting off nubain.

we're bbers, and we train hard and do what others can't to look the way others don't, so we should be immune to lapses in "willpower" right? lol... that's what I thought when I started 'bain. I was a young kid who didn't drink or get high, but was introduced to 'bain by a fairly well-known bbing/fitness model (who was an employee, and turned out very quickly to be a fucking loser. lol)... I figured, 'well, if he uses it and says it's ok.. and the PDR says it's not addictive, maybe it's not as bad as they say'. lol.. oh well, live and learn, I suppose.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2013, 11:58:05 AM »

looking good in his weakest pose.... dont think he wont be comparing his pics to the recent arnold euro pics and thinking what if

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2013, 12:18:08 PM »
lee triumph over the haters

hall of fame material!
"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »
Lee looks great, especially at that age

Didn't think he'd manage to come in such a good shape

He looks better than I thought he would. Really lean.