Author Topic: Michael Jordan practices consistently with Bobcats - Comeback for 1 game in the  (Read 6875 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I'd love to see this.  I have no doubt that he would still be able to score 20 plus.  Defense is where you would see the bigger drop off.  

He should totally do this and it should be against Miami.  

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
I'd love to see this.  I have no doubt that he would still be able to score 20 plus.  Defense is where you would see the bigger drop off.  

He should totally do this and it should be against Miami.  

U actually think he can score 20??

Only if that opposing team has "respect" for this old man and decide not to play defense.

Hope he does play Miami so they can wipe the floor with this him and show him the door and how ridiculous he looks

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
U actually think he can score 20??

Only if that opposing team has "respect" for this old man and decide not to play defense.

Hope he does play Miami so they can wipe the floor with this him and show him the door and how ridiculous he looks

No doubt in my mind so long as he is in shape enough to play real minutes.  The MJ fade away will be in full effect. 

Army of One

• Getbig V
He cracks me up with his "back in my day" bullshit.

Like he played in the negroe leagues...he was a multimillionaire megastar  at 23  ::)

Jordan has a point, although he was a millionaire through endorsements, up until around 94 when players started getting big contracts for having proved nothing, you didn't earn a big contract unless you proved you were a bonafide allstar capable of leading your team, now players get huge contracts on potential.

And you are dead wrong on the other count, although he was a multimillionaire megastar, he honoured his contract and got stiffed by the bulls for 10 years, but never complained or asked for it to be renegotiated.And while being rich he always worked his ass off, never missed games apart from when he broke his foot, added new facets to his game year after year.Everyone who played with him, while thinking he was an asshole agreed he was the hardest working player they had ever seen.

The league was also far more physical then, the average foul back then would be borderline flagrant now, you could hand check, which isnt allowed now,throw a punch without fear of being suspended for 20 games.There are zero bigs now, no fear from perimeter players of getting hammered when driving to the basket, when back then there was mourning, Olajuwan,Ewing,Robinson ,mutombo,Barkley,Malone,Shaq,smits,eaton etc etc etc guarding the basket.It was a whole different league.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
It's a bit of a myth that Jordan was criminally underpaid by the Bulls.  He actually made about the same as any other All-Star caliber "best player on his team"-type player in the NBA at the time.

He was the best of the best for sure but it's not like he was making less money than Barkley or whoever.

For example here's 1993:

Code: [Select]
David Robinson   $5,720,000
Michael Jordan   $4,000,000
Scottie Pippen   $3,425,000
Patrick Ewing    $3,300,000
Hakeem Olajuwon  $3,170,000
Shaquille O'Neal $3,000,000 (rookie year)
Karl Malone      $2,854,000
Magic Johnson    $2,500,000
Charles Barkley  $2,420,000
Larry Bird       $2,300,000
Isiah Thomas     $2,272,000
Clyde Drexler    $1,378,000

I did that by hand from basketball-reference.com, might have forgotten someone but I think I hit on most of the big names.

Bevo

• Getbig V
No doubt in my mind so long as he is in shape enough to play real minutes.  The MJ fade away will be in full effect. 

He's going to "fade away" alright  :D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
He's 50 years old and he's looking old lately..it's not going to happen.

Jordan needs to shut the fuck up and stop shitting on the next generation. ..he sounds like a bitter old man who has no reason to be bitter.
He could be still mad about his dad getting murdered on a NC highway that would effect anyone for life.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Jordan has a point, although he was a millionaire through endorsements, up until around 94 when players started getting big contracts for having proved nothing, you didn't earn a big contract unless you proved you were a bonafide allstar capable of leading your team, now players get huge contracts on potential.

And you are dead wrong on the other count, although he was a multimillionaire megastar, he honoured his contract and got stiffed by the bulls for 10 years, but never complained or asked for it to be renegotiated.And while being rich he always worked his ass off, never missed games apart from when he broke his foot, added new facets to his game year after year.Everyone who played with him, while thinking he was an asshole agreed he was the hardest working player they had ever seen.

The league was also far more physical then, the average foul back then would be borderline flagrant now, you could hand check, which isnt allowed now,throw a punch without fear of being suspended for 20 games.There are zero bigs now, no fear from perimeter players of getting hammered when driving to the basket, when back then there was mourning, Olajuwan,Ewing,Robinson ,mutombo,Barkley,Malone,Shaq,smits,eaton etc etc etc guarding the basket.It was a whole different league.

Who cares. Guy needs to shut up and have some fucking class.  The league is the league... is it Lebron James fault or the NBAs fault ? Why does he constantly shit on todays players like a real dickhead ?

He's biting the hand that fed his ass big time. Be a little more gracious to the league that made you an icon

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
in all seriousness, I doubt he'd score 20 points.  It's very hard for a lot of highly talented players at 25 years old to score 20 points.

He probably still has a killer jumper and arc... but getting open would be very difficult.  It'd be the super bowl for every defender on every play, knowing they had that one chance to shut down a legend.

He could get a few open jumpers in garbage time against scrubs that didn't care.  a game on christmas?  lol... Lebron would have Jordan at 1-for-16 at halftime lol.

stavios

• Getbig III
So many millions and still can't find anything else to do....

that's passion

stavios

• Getbig III
He cracks me up with his "back in my day" bullshit.

Like he played in the negroe leagues...he was a multimillionaire megastar  at 23  ::)

bodybuilders from every era does the same thing

it's annoying as hell

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Jordan scored 51 points in a 2002 NBA game at age 38 and 43 at age 40.

Bevo

• Getbig V
Jordan scored 51 points in a 2002 NBA game at age 38.

Who were they playing?

The supersonics?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Sorry to shut you guys down but Jordan can't come back to play.  NBA rules state that you cannot be a majority owner and player at the same time.  In order for Jordan to play, he would have to not only sell the time but also file a request which could take a very long time.

Its would be more trouble for him to play than its worth it and honestly...what does Jordan have left to prove anyway???  He's retired for good so deal with it.
A

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Jordan ain't coming back, he is just trying to stay relevant!

thebrink

• Getbig V
blah blah.

I'd rather see him back in baseball. Think of the ratings

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Jordan ain't coming back, he is just trying to stay relevant!

This. Guy is getting old and he don't like it very much.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Sorry to shut you guys down but Jordan can't come back to play.  NBA rules state that you cannot be a majority owner and player at the same time.  In order for Jordan to play, he would have to not only sell the time but also file a request which could take a very long time.

Its would be more trouble for him to play than its worth it and honestly...what does Jordan have left to prove anyway???  He's retired for good so deal with it.

If you don't think the NBA will find a loophole in their bylaws for a 1 game exhibition, you're delusional.  My guess is, they would pull it off as a Xmas or Thanksgiving Day Special Game.  Sponsors would jump on it, and Nike would run the whole Retro line for a week.

I doubt it will happen but it's workable without him giving up ownership.

As far as his game goes, he would probably back down shooting and points guards and foul his way to 20 pts.  I'm also assuming his jumper still works well.  He's good for 20 in the current league since he practices with these guys.     

Army of One

• Getbig V
Sorry to shut you guys down but Jordan can't come back to play.  NBA rules state that you cannot be a majority owner and player at the same time.  In order for Jordan to play, he would have to not only sell the time but also file a request which could take a very long time.

Its would be more trouble for him to play than its worth it and honestly...what does Jordan have left to prove anyway???  He's retired for good so deal with it.

He stated when he bought the bobcats that if it didnt work out that great he'd sell the team within 5 or so years, my guess is he'll sell then play.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Not going to happen.  The CBA says owners can't play

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
Could we merge this thread with "the comeback of the comeback of Levrone coming back: the comeback" thread ?