Author Topic: CEO on food stamps  (Read 6193 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
CEO on food stamps
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/25/opinion/shaich-food-stamp-challenge/?iref=obnetwork

trying to eat on the food stamp budget

Panera CEO learns about hunger on his food stamp diet

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: CEO on food stamps
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 04:40:14 PM »
If people on food stamps shopped in a more responsible manner vs. buy the shit I see them buy when I'm in line at the store, there'd be alot less complaining.

Beans
Rice
Flour
Milk
Eggs
Bread
Veggies
Fruit
Water

You can buy alot of that vs. the more expensive processed garbage they buy. They should put restrictions on what type of foods you can buy.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »
I would say youre not supposed to be living high on food stamps, they should give you enough to get by and nothing else.

It isnt the govts responsibility to make sure your full, just not starving to death.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 04:45:36 PM »
  he hated it         

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:47:50 PM »
If people on food stamps shopped in a more responsible manner vs. buy the shit I see them buy when I'm in line at the store, there'd be alot less complaining.

Beans
Rice
Flour
Milk
Eggs
Bread
Veggies
Fruit
Water

You can buy alot of that vs. the more expensive processed garbage they buy. They should put restrictions on what type of foods you can buy.

Good idea Wiggs

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 04:49:30 PM »
I see people use EBT at little caesars and jack in the box.
A

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »
I see a lot folks loading up on steak then paying with a food stamp card, but buying their beer and smokes with the wad of cash pulled out of their pocket.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »
[/quote]

My gf was behind two healthy adults with a teenager on Sunday and they were buying a bunch of crap with their EBT card.  My first issue is why they needed welfare and then what they were purchasing.  We have way too many people on public assistance.  My guess is that they had a Lexus parked in the lot.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »
I see a lot folks loading up on steak then paying with a food stamp card, but buying their beer and smokes with the wad of cash pulled out of their pocket.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see it also. It's insane that fastfood lets them use it in their places, WTF?  It gives no incentive to wanto rejoin the workforce when you're allowed to buy almost the same food items you can with cash. It's pathetic.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »

I've never seen steaks but I have seen loads of processed junk food and then after they pay for beer with cash. They always have a smirk on their face when they do it too. I wanna slap the shit out of them for having no shame.

I've also seen EBT users leave in tricked out 300s and Chargers.
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »
I've never seen steaks but I have seen loads of processed junk food and then after they pay for beer with cash. They always have a smirk on their face when they do it too. I wanna slap the shit out of them for having no shame.

LOLOLOLOLOL! I wonder what some of these checkers think at grocery stores. It's gotta drive them nuts.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 04:58:43 PM »
What ever happened to "don't work, don't eat" a little starving wouldn't hurt 50 million lazy fat fucks.....or thin the herd, either works.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »
 Stalin starved a lot of people

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 05:10:07 PM »
I remember hearing this several weeks ago. The National Resources Defense Council Stated that Americans waste 40% of the food we buy or         165 Billion dollars worth annually.

The American population is around 308 Million people. The American Heart and Stroke Associate states that 154.7 million people are either overweight or obese.

Do you see the problem we have here?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »
I've been in line with my chicken breasts, fish, veggies, juice, egg whites, and right in front of me is someone using their EBT card for Reese's Pieces and a bottle of soda...

There should be an incentive in eating Healthy....my money paying for bad eating habits, and bad living habits.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 05:20:16 PM »
A l of people sell there food money off at a serious discount too.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 05:22:51 PM »
A l of people sell there food money off at a serious discount too.

Yup. 2:1 for cash usually.
A

Money Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
I see fat mom and fat kids at 7-11 all the time buying junk food and sodas. We should have special stores for people on food stamps. They will be stocked with real food, that you have to cook.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »
I saw a Hebrew couple not too long ago at the grocery store.

The male Hebrew was dressed in the best urban clothing money could by, air Jordans, roca wear jeans, diamond earrings...

Lady Hebrew was wearing baby phat blinged out velour track suit....

They had 3, yes 3 carts jammed back....turning heads, I took a glanced to see how they would pay for all that shit.....the lady Hebrew whips out the EBT CARD....baller Hebrews

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 06:01:53 PM »
I would see them shopping at Whole Foods w their EBT cards.... we should curtail what they can buy.  Wiggs had the right idea earlier

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 06:06:35 PM »
I see fat mom and fat kids at 7-11 all the time buying junk food and sodas. We should have special stores for people on food stamps. They will be stocked with real food, that you have to cook.
funny thing is, the 7/11s near me have bananas, and Naked/Bolthouse Farms drinks and all these health foods...yet the ones in poorer neighborhoods have nothing but sodas, gaterade, sugary drinks, and maybe a banana or two.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 06:09:52 PM »

years ago, when I lived in Texas, one guy had opened a store that only sold "WIC" items...and the stores only took WIC coupons for payment...so there were no instances of people trying to sneak unapproved items through, no complaints about "these WIC people holding up the line" etc     

The whole "rich person pretending to be poor for a week" schtick has been done to death...there was even a very ghey Diff'rent Strokes episode about it. 
~

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 06:56:47 PM »
I would see them shopping at Whole Foods w their EBT cards

^

Seriously?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 07:04:01 PM »

^

Seriously?
Why would it matter?  They will be getting less for the money there.  A Calorie is a Calorie and it should not matter what or where they buy their calories from.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
A Calorie is a Calorie and it should not matter what or where they buy their calories from.

^

Final answer.