Author Topic: Are pros dissing Ron and Getbig?  (Read 4138 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Are pros dissing Ron and Getbig?
« on: October 09, 2013, 04:36:11 AM »
When Ron goes to to schmoe it up and these bodybuilding shows he takes pics of the pros, talks to them, acts friendly etc and they smile to his face; YET almost zero of them post here on his forum which is arguably the best boarding on the Internet.

Not saying they need to accumulate 20k posts but at least have an account and drop in on the g&o or the training board every so often.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Are pros dissing Ron?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 04:53:56 AM »
Most of them have posted here before but been run off in short order.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 04:54:35 AM »
most guys are exclusive now, with other companies.   They sign, they get a dump truck of money, and they agree to post on that company's forum only, to make that place the 'happening' forum.

Or, companies just got tired of a FEW bodybuilders showing spelling errors, racist jokes, insults to people, etc... when getbig was the Wild West, there were a very small group of pro BBers that did some rowdy things, made threats, etc.   This was back in 2004-2006.  You would see this guy in magazines, then he'd come on getbig and in one post, he would either use a racist slur, tell an obvious lie, spell 5 words wrong, and/or threaten to hospitalize unknown getbiggers.  A lot of fun, but not sustainable.

I think after the Titus fiasco, things changed fast.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:57:01 AM »
most guys are exclusive now, with other companies.   They sign, they get a dump truck of money, and they agree to post on that company's forum only, to make that place the 'happening' forum.

Or, companies just got tired of a FEW bodybuilders showing spelling errors, racist jokes, insults to people, etc... when getbig was the Wild West, there were a very small group of pro BBers that did some rowdy things, made threats, etc.   This was back in 2004-2006.  You would see this guy in magazines, then he'd come on getbig and in one post, he would either use a racist slur, tell an obvious lie, spell 5 words wrong, and/or threaten to hospitalize unknown getbiggers.  A lot of fun, but not sustainable.

Hahaha  yes, good memories!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 05:06:07 AM »

Is this in reference to Hampstead Heath?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 05:24:50 AM »
Who cares if the pros post here or not.......we don't give a shit...they read and check this site out anyway

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 05:26:10 AM »
Is this in reference to Hampstead Heath?

What happens on Hampstead Heath, stays written on toilet walls.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 05:51:31 AM »

Or, companies just got tired of a FEW bodybuilders showing spelling errors, racist jokes, insults to people, etc... when getbig was the Wild West, there were a very small group of pro BBers that did some rowdy things, made threats, etc.   This was back in 2004-2006.  You would see this guy in magazines, then he'd come on getbig and in one post, he would either use a racist slur, tell an obvious lie, spell 5 words wrong, and/or threaten to hospitalize unknown getbiggers.  A lot of fun, but not sustainable.

Haha, those were the days with Queen Kamali.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:57:22 AM »

Lol yeah. Constant drama and fragile egos being broken on a daily basis.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 06:01:15 AM »

I remember your fake cnn news page reports...those were epic hahaha

Sometime in 2006 the board began to be moderated pretty heavily. I remember leaving because of it, only to come back years later after being banned everywhere else  ;D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 06:03:15 AM »
What happens on Hampstead Heath, stays written on toilet walls.

Depends what it's written with

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 06:18:48 AM »
Depends what it's written with

Donald writes in faeces accumulated from second hand panties
T

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 06:19:25 AM »
Despite many of them being contractually barred from posting (so I hear), it's entirely possible some still post, albeit -- obviously -- in such a way that we wouldn't know it was them.

OMR has implied as much.  Since he has said in the past he is friends with or at least an associate of Vic Martinez I assume at least one of the "pros" posting anonymously is Martinez.
A

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 06:20:16 AM »
most of these guys would melt down faster than butter on a fresh french toast and probably wouldn't contribute anything noteworthy anyway

then again i'd love to see some of them post here, extreme potential !

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 06:28:25 AM »
Echoing what some of the other members have said, it boils down to exclusivity contracts.

The top pros are under contract with outfits like MD & FLEX. Because of which, their contracts state that they are not able to post in any other forum, but their company's forum. The supposed reason for this is that an athlete under contract essentially represents that company by way of his actions and reputation, both in person and online. As a result, these companies want their athletes to post solely within their forums and forbid them to do so anywhere else, sometimes even under penalties.

It has NOTHING to do with Ron, as Ron actually makes it very welcoming for pros to post here (Gives them their due recognition, some privileges within the forum and also resolves direct conflicts they might have in definitive fashion). This is a GREAT forum for pros to air out their frustrations, as has been seen in the past (examples: Milos, Priest, Shawn, Prince etc.) and also a good place for them to break out of their perpetual "trainer" mode, as in they don't need to constantly hand out advice and promote certain product lines or websites by way of contractual obligations.  

All that said and done, money rules everything. If you are an IFBB pro and have a wife and kids and are offered an extra 30-50K/year (That's what these contracts are truly going for) to be with a company that will ask you to fly out to different places throughout the year, drop a few comments in a forum and take a few pictures drinking a certain brand of protein or some other supplement, YOU will typically drop everything else and join that company for the betterment of YOUR family.

Joining that "company" will also keep you relevant in the bodybuilding industry, which is important due to the relatively short shelf-life that most competitors have unless they win a few pro shows or garner a significant following via other "venues".

Again, Ron is actually seen as a fresh breath of air in this industry and is very well-liked due to his excessively diplomatic stance towards everything. Ron respects EVERYONE in this industry. He never says a negative word about any company or individual and he always does his absolute best to protect the IFBB, NPC and the industry as a whole.

"1"

P.S. What I will say is that MANY IFBB pros post here, but do so under the guise of random usernames.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 06:46:02 AM »
I remember your fake cnn news page reports...those were epic hahaha

Sometime in 2006 the board began to be moderated pretty heavily. I remember leaving because of it, only to come back years later after being banned everywhere else  ;D

I think after the Titus thing, getbig had national eyes on it, and moderation had to kick in.  It was an underground, wild west thing... and suddenly MSNBC was showing getbig pics and scoops every 20 minutes lol.   everything changed right then.  

These days, it'd be too easy to pwn the fragile egos into submission.  It's almost a science by now... There is ZERO chance that a top 10 O bodybuilder could come here and withstand 30 posts of "you're narrow and you carry a purse" or "hey, pass me a white towel to wipe up this grapefruit" or "you're not the 6th best physique in your GYM, much less at the O".   Just little casual rips that we all do to each other in the gym or workplace, I don't think BBers could take that these days.  They live in bubbles of positive support these days.

Bodybuilders in 2005 were TOUGH.  Gotta give them credit there.  They'd melt, but they'd come back for more.  

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 06:48:43 AM »
Jay Cutler posted here briefly, he received some excellent advices on training arms.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 06:50:30 AM »
Jay Cutler posted here briefly, he received some excellent advices on training arms.

Was training chest advices from Alexxx, Jay never came to Getbig again, I think he lasted about 3 hours

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 06:53:55 AM »
I think after the Titus thing, getbig had national eyes on it, and moderation had to kick in.  It was an underground, wild west thing... and suddenly MSNBC was showing getbig pics and scoops every 20 minutes lol.   everything changed right then.  

These days, it'd be too easy to pwn the fragile egos into submission.  It's almost a science by now... There is ZERO chance that a top 10 O bodybuilder could come here and withstand 30 posts of "you're narrow and you carry a purse" or "hey, pass me a white towel to wipe up this grapefruit" or "you're not the 6th best physique in your GYM, much less at the O".   Just little casual rips that we all do to each other in the gym or workplace, I don't think BBers could take that these days.  They live in bubbles of positive support these days.

Bodybuilders in 2005 were TOUGH.  Gotta give them credit there.  They'd melt, but they'd come back for more.  

I didn't know about the msnbc coverage  :o

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 06:57:56 AM »
Was training chest advices from Alexxx, Jay never came to Getbig again, I think he lasted about 3 hours

Legendary getbigger, I believe he had a co-starring role in the movie 300.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 06:59:51 AM »
Echoing what some of the other members have said, it boils down to exclusivity contracts.

The top pros are under contract with outfits like MD & FLEX. Because of which, their contracts state that they are not able to post in any other forum, but their company's forum. The supposed reason for this is that an athlete under contract essentially represents that company by way of his actions and reputation, both in person and online. As a result, these companies want their athletes to post solely within their forums and forbid them to do so anywhere else, sometimes even under penalties.

It has NOTHING to do with Ron, as Ron actually makes it very welcoming for pros to post here (Gives them their due recognition, some privileges within the forum and also resolves direct conflicts they might have in definitive fashion). This is a GREAT forum for pros to air out their frustrations, as has been seen in the past (examples: Milos, Priest, Shawn, Prince etc.) and also a good place for them to break out of their perpetual "trainer" mode, as in they don't need to constantly hand out advice and promote certain product lines or websites by way of contractual obligations.  

All that said and done, money rules everything. If you are an IFBB pro and have a wife and kids and are offered an extra 30-50K/year (That's what these contracts are truly going for) to be with a company that will ask you to fly out to different places throughout the year, drop a few comments in a forum and take a few pictures drinking a certain brand of protein or some other supplement, YOU will typically drop everything else and join that company for the betterment of YOUR family.

Joining that "company" will also keep you relevant in the bodybuilding industry, which is important due to the relatively short shelf-life that most competitors have unless they win a few pro shows or garner a significant following via other "venues".

Again, Ron is actually seen as a fresh breath of air in this industry and is very well-liked due to his excessively diplomatic stance towards everything. Ron respects EVERYONE in this industry. He never says a negative word about any company or individual and he always does his absolute best to protect the IFBB, NPC and the industry as a whole.

"1"

P.S. What I will say is that MANY IFBB pros post here, but do so under the guise of random usernames.
Great Post

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 07:01:50 AM »
While we are at it can people list some others and what made them melt, I remember Levrone melted down when that earl guy got under his skin and everyone slated him for that god awful film he did, ended up having his account deleted.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 07:07:07 AM »

Alexxx is in prison. ..Jay is a multimillionaire.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 07:13:57 AM »
Alexxx is in prison. ..Jay is a multimillionaire.

Back in prison?I think he's out now, he posted a couple of months back

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 07:14:24 AM »

"1"

Outstanding post from an actual adult who understands life.

Kinda the reason I call people out that constantly rip on the pros personal lives...they are just fucking dudes like me and you.

What I think is interesting is this...what if Jay Cutler does post here? And a guy like Abdominal Snoman...who stalks him like a weirdo. ..is actually "friends" with him and doesn't even know it. And Jay is laughing his ass off