Author Topic: Uh oh wow, on the local news they are saying welfare benefits might end  (Read 4702 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Re: Uh oh wow, on the local news they are saying welfare benefits might end
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 08:38:55 PM »
Of course ideally we don't want a bunch of lazy fucks leaching off the system but now is not the time to cut them loose. The job market is already way oversaturated with people looking for work.

A

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »
It took someone long enough. I was expecting that in the first couple posts.

Haha I was expecting that too  :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 08:46:34 PM »
Of course ideally we don't want a bunch of lazy fucks leaching off the system but now is not the time to cut them loose. The job market is already way oversaturated with people looking for work.

Interesting views.

People are looking for work because, let me guess, they are unemployed or underemployed. If they are lazy fucks, they probably aren't really looking for work because, well, it is hard work looking for work and they are lazy fucks.

-Right, we do not need a bunch of leeches draining our coffers like  transients begging by the roadside for handouts, but we have them and they aren't going anywhere soon. Furthermore, they are fertile and they are busy reproducing more of their ilk.  

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 08:47:54 PM »
Your a dooms day kind of guy. I expect this from you, now that I've figured this out.

So you're saying we're not in that debt we're saying?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 08:50:27 PM »
So you're saying we're not in that debt we're saying?

We are in debt. There is nothing new in this. In fact we've been in worse debt in the past. Take the period following WWII for example.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 08:55:09 PM »
We are in debt. There is nothing new in this. In fact we've been in worse debt in the past. Take the period following WWII for example.

Yeah, our money was backed by gold then. Our money is backed by nothing now. Big difference. I love how you just pass it off by saying we are in debt without acknowledging the dire situation of this. Are you aware that is now a mathematical certainty this economy will collapse? We will never pay this off. It's impossible. Keeping your head in the sand about it and living in la-la land is what got us in the situation. Thank you baby boomers, party on hippies.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2013, 08:56:57 PM »
"There are no solutions... there are only trade-offs " - Thomas Sowell

People need to try and understand this.

A

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2013, 08:57:42 PM »
Welfare is part and parcel of capitalism, its just being poorly managed by incompetent politicians who use it to buy votes for political gain.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:29 PM »
Welfare has a pacifying effect amongst the poor in a fundamentally capitalist society. It stabilizes capitalism. I see this as its sole purpose. I consider it anti-riot and anti-change money.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2013, 09:12:47 PM »
Yeah, our money was backed by gold then. Our money is backed by nothing now. Big difference. I love how you just pass it off by saying we are in debt without acknowledging the dire situation of this. Are you aware that is now a mathematical certainty this economy will collapse? We will never pay this off. It's impossible. Keeping your head in the sand about it and living in la-la land is what got us in the situation. Thank you baby boomers, party on hippies.

I am all ears. Apparently you have some solution as opposed to just blaming baby boomers.

My wife and I am a little old to be baby boomers. This is how I see it:  I worked my entire adult life and so did my wife. We lived within our means. We are coasting as old folks by living on our retirement investments. We have no debt. Like usual, we still live within our means. Some of what we don't need to get buy month by month, we give to charity. Our medical cost keep climbing each year. Last year, our out of pocket medical costs exceeded $8,000 which gave us a nice tax deduction. Our income is stagnant while the cost of living keeps going up. I am not complaining yet. We own our home and our cars are in decent working condition. I see no major expenses in the near future....but one never knows.

How about you explain to me how I am somehow responsible for the financial woes of the U.S.?  

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2013, 09:23:28 PM »
I am all ears. Apparently you have some solution as opposed to just blaming baby boomers.

My wife and I am a little old to be baby boomers. This is how I see it:  I worked my entire adult life and so did my wife. We lived within our means. We are coasting as old folks by living on our retirement investments. We have no debt. Like usual, we still live within our means. Some of what we don't need to get buy month by month, we give to charity. Our medical cost keep climbing each year. Last year, our out of pocket medical costs exceeded $8,000 which gave us a nice tax deduction. Our income is stagnant while the cost of living keeps going up. I am not complaining yet. We own our home and our cars are in decent working condition. I see no major expenses in the near future....but one never knows.

How about you explain to me how I am somehow responsible for the financial woes of the U.S.?  

My solution is to prepare. This shit has been planned well before I and many here were born. I'm not blaming you personally. When we went off the gold standard, people should have done something big. Actually, this all started when the American people accepted the Federal Reserve in 1916 I believe it was. That was the beginning of the end. But every generation since the baby-boomers that we're fooled into believe we were something we never were and dismissed all these "CONSPIRACIES" which the American people are now beginning to see are facts are to blame for brushing them off and not keeping our government in check. The American people were never as smart as they believed they were. We've all been pawns (myself included). So yes, it is all of our faults. Being a good American is more than just what you type. It's keeping your government in check so we don't end up in the situation we are now facing. It can't be done by just a few people it has to be done by a majority of the masses. I'm afraid it's now too late for that.

So, how did we get here? A little at a time. All those little things added up to this. So all those little things people dismissed has come back to bite us in the ass.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2013, 09:32:37 PM »
My solution is to prepare. This shit has been planned well before I and many here were born. I'm not blaming you personally. When we went off the gold standard, people should have done something big. Actually, this all started when the American people accepted the Federal Reserve in 1916 I believe it was. That was the beginning of the end. But every generation since the baby-boomers that we're fooled into believe we were something we never were and dismissed all these "CONSPIRACIES" which the American people are now beginning to see are facts are to blame for brushing them off and not keeping our government in check. The American people were never as smart as they believed they were. We've all been pawns (myself included). So yes, it is all of our faults. Being a good American is more than just what you type. It's keeping your government in check so we don't end up in the situation we are now facing. It can't be done by just a few people it has to be done by a majority of the masses. I'm afraid it's now too late for that.

I am a political activist who has worked to help get people elected to office at the state and federal level. I have also lobbied in D.C. and at the state capitol for reforms and support for programs which I believe are important to the future of our country. When my legislators or congress fucks up, I am first to let them know it. Unlike much of the population, I am not idly standing by, saying nothing where it counts for something or just posting on the errant bodybuilding forum about my beliefs.

Tell me now what you are doing to actually effect some change. I really would like to know because it appears to me that all you have is criticism coupled with a complete lack of positive ideas for change.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 04:13:44 AM »
Fix America....

1. Close boarders
B. Deport all illegals
3. Make ALL welfare recipients do the jobs the illegals were doing to keep 50% of their benefits

It really is that simple.
$

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »
Fix America....

1. Close boarders
B. Deport all illegals
3. Make ALL welfare recipients do the jobs the illegals were doing to keep 50% of their benefits

It really is that simple.

I doubt it is that simple except in your head.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »
How much does Mexico owe?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 01:33:11 PM »
How much does Mexico owe?

Owe who? Mexico should owe the U.S. DEA a ton of money, since they are the main reason for it's existence.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »
Here in the UK the Government are doing their very best to fuck everybody over irrespective of circumstances. Their introduction of the bedroom tax has caused numerous people to commit suicide because they can not afford the payments and can not be relocated to a smaller home, and now they want to cut housing benefit and job seekers allowance for anyone under the age of 25.

Its not a matter of reducing unemployment figures, its the fact there just arent enough jobs to go around. Kids can't sign up to the Army the way they used to because there has been many thousands of redundancies, an not everyone is a highly skilled and time served so they are very limited, and even those with degree qualifications are stuck on the long term unemployed list.

Its not a quick fix, but it sure as hell is a painful one - if anything at all is indeed being fixed.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »
garantee its going to be another POSTPONMENT of the debt ceiling will stretch it out another couple months then at that time will be dejavu all over again 'impending government shut down ect ect"
A

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »

And what are you doing to change any of this? Are you voting for elected positions? It is your civil duty, if you are from America, as you claim.

Are you running for office? Are you lobbying? Are you increasing your wealth working? Are you calling your politicians for change?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2013, 01:49:57 PM »
garantee its going to be another POSTPONMENT of the debt ceiling will stretch it out another couple months then at that time will be dejavu all over again 'impending government shut down ect ect"

This is what I think is going to happen also. It's just asinine. Congress should be arrested and held in jail at Alcatraz until they work this shit out. Too bad we cannot fire their butts.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2013, 01:51:02 PM »
As a business owner, i'd rather hang myself than hire almost anyone that is sitting at the welfare office. Most of those people will be disruptive at the workplace. No thanks. I'll pay a little more to keep them away from productive society...

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »
As a business owner, i'd rather hang myself than hire almost anyone that is sitting at the welfare office. Most of those people will be disruptive at the workplace. No thanks. I'll pay a little more to keep them away from productive society...

Imagine if unemployment checks in America were eliminate. Think of how motivated people would be to actually work! Do or die situation at that point...

Crime potentially would increase however...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 01:56:04 PM »
Imagine if unemployment checks in America were eliminate. Think of how motivated people would be to actually work! Do or die situation at that point...

Crime potentially would increase however...

Unemployment checks do end eventually. What they unemployed do then? I collected unemployment for about 2 weeks once when I was about 20 years old.

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »
Unemployment checks do end eventually. What they unemployed do then? I collected unemployment for about 2 weeks once when I was about 20 years old.

True, but an elimination from the start. As a whole.

There are always those who have seasonal jobs who can collect, and apparently legally.

Those would be forced into having a secondary job.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »
True, but an elimination from the start. As a whole.

There are always those who have seasonal jobs who can collect, and apparently legally.

Those would be forced into having a secondary job.

In Oregon, classified school employees, folks like school bus drivers, classroom assistants, secretaries and cooks, who only work during the school year are not eligible for unemployment when they are in layoff status. All other workers in this state are eligible for unemployment. This includes itinerant farm workers, folks working in the construction trades and others whose work is generally not of a permanent nature.