Author Topic: Lewis wants $100m comeback as heavyweight targets Klitschko brothers  (Read 4856 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Lewis wants $100m comeback as heavyweight targets Klitschko brothers
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2013, 08:41:01 AM »
A tall man should be able to savagely beat a shorter man, Falcon has written extensively on this topic.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2013, 08:42:44 AM »
On a similar note Kevin Levrone was recently offered 100 bucks to pose for an old queen in a motel room in Vegas.

hahahaha

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2013, 09:08:36 AM »
i would pay either of them 50 dollars if i could fight either one of these guys

Neither of those two would dare get in the ring with you...FACT!!!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2013, 09:09:57 AM »
On a similar note Kevin Levrone was recently offered 100 bucks to pose for an old queen in a motel room in Vegas.

lolz

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2013, 09:15:10 AM »
Lol Tua was never gonna rule anything, you need more than a good left hook!! Thats all Tua had.

I watched him fight as it happened, if a left hook was all he had then its all he needed as he was pretty much killing everyone he fought. Ike could have gone down as one of the all time greats if he wasnt a complete head case so theres no shame losing to him especially in a fight of that caliber, truth is he started getting fat and lazy but a prime Tua made every sane boxer shit their pants. I can guarantee that i wasnt the only one that thought there was a good chance Lewis was gonna lose that night.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »

could his physique still command such a (high) fee ?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2013, 09:31:15 AM »
A tall man should be able to savagely beat a shorter man, Falcon has written extensively on this topic.

Yes. I believe that is one of the cornerstones of the Falcon principles.

I have grown an inch since following the Falcon

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2013, 09:52:15 AM »
make him fight a tune-up fight first for 10 million one of the bums like chris areola or seth mithchell than depending on how well he performs than talk the big bucks. ;D
F

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »
someone is broke...

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2013, 10:19:19 AM »
Not by me.  Top 5 all time heavyweight. 

WTF

In no order
Ali, Liston,Frazier,Louis, Tunney,Dempsey,Holmes,Charles,Marciano, Petterson,Foreman,Tyson and maybe even Holyfield

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
I watched him fight as it happened, if a left hook was all he had then its all he needed as he was pretty much killing everyone he fought. Ike could have gone down as one of the all time greats if he wasnt a complete head case so theres no shame losing to him especially in a fight of that caliber, truth is he started getting fat and lazy but a prime Tua made every sane boxer shit their pants. I can guarantee that i wasnt the only one that thought there was a good chance Lewis was gonna lose that night.

::)  Ike is grossly overrated and Tua should have gotten the decision . But I agree with what your saying about Tua .

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2013, 10:50:09 AM »
Lewis schooled Tua and every boxing pundit predicted that.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »
Lewis schooled Tua and every boxing pundit predicted that.

Yet i dont for one second believe u have ever watched that fight.

Boss, i say Ike could have been because he had real power and potential (such a dirty word) but just wasnt disciplined enough to get the very best out of himself. Dangerous fighter that we'll never know how good he could have become, definitely not the finished article by any stretch of the imagination.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
Yet i dont for one second believe u have ever watched that fight.

Boss, i say Ike could have been because he had real power and potential (such a dirty word) but just wasnt disciplined enough to get the very best out of himself. Dangerous fighter that we'll never know how good he could have become, definitely not the finished article by any stretch of the imagination.

With Ike I don't think discipline was his problem. I think he had some mental issues. Ike could have been a huge factor in the HW scene. He could've changed everything. I think it is a bit of a stretch to say he would've been an all time great but alas we will never know

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2013, 11:28:14 AM »
People like to rewrite history on that fight.  Granted the judges had Vitali up 4-2, but in that 6th and final round, he was hanging on for dear life.  With or without the cut, he was about to get stretched in round 7.  That cut helped create much of the mystique around Vitali.  If he'd have gotten knocked out in the next round, history would look on him differently than it does right now.  That being said, I think Vitali is/was or has become a great heavyweight.  The best since Lewis and for sure would give baby bro a spanking if they were ever to fight.  He is trouble for any heavyweight from any era.  He does have a granite chin and is a mean dude inside of the ring.  I am a Vitali fan, but an unmotivated, undertrained, semi-retired Lennox Lewis almost disfigured him and would have knocked him cold had that fight gone one more round. 

I agree. People say Vitali lost that fight because of the cut. The irony is that the cut actually saved Vitali from a more decisive loss.

Lewis and Wlad would have been a good fight maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Lewis might even be able to give him problems now but comming back after 9 years of retirment at almost 50 years old? He will probably lose...badly.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2013, 12:41:40 PM »
With Ike I don't think discipline was his problem. I think he had some mental issues. Ike could have been a huge factor in the HW scene. He could've changed everything. I think it is a bit of a stretch to say he would've been an all time great but alas we will never know

For sure he had mental issues, i just dont think he could control himself for one reason or another. Perhaps not top 10 or 20, but he could have been a name on histories tongue for all the right reasons.

Vitali has never been in that deep since, i think deep down he knows he was beginning to lose that fight badly. When you say the cut saved him from a more decisive loss you are absolutely on the mark, he cana rgue all he likes because he was ahead when the fight was stopped, but he knows he was no more than 3 - 4 minutes away from being laid out. As such the question always remains and his legacy is better for it.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »
 Savon KO'd Tua with a short right

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »
Savon KO'd Tua with a short right

a great punch so quick in the fight, he's pretty much the best amateur HW of all time. Crying shame he didnt go pro, bloody Cubans depriving us of him and Kindelan lol.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »
Ike just like Tony Ayala are myths

Mentally they couldn't hack it in the real world

Edwin Valero another idiot

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2013, 01:39:17 PM »

WTF

In no order
Ali, Liston,Frazier,Louis, Tunney,Dempsey,Holmes,Charles,Marciano, Petterson,Foreman,Tyson and maybe even Holyfield

Take the gloves off and a prime John L Sullivan would give him all he wants too.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2013, 12:43:50 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Here is a vid of the fight Lewis got taken apart
choice is an illusion

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2013, 01:25:31 AM »

this is true if ike and mccall had it together meantally they should of been the greatest heavyweights of there generation

ike was a big boy with all the right genetics for boxing pure african monster lol

mccall gave the blue print to ko lewis every time

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2013, 06:18:48 AM »
Ah, but those are Falcon dollars, not regular currency.
yes the dow jones is predicting future gaynes with falcon dollar currency
A