Author Topic: AP poll: 37% approval for the clowninchief  (Read 8878 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: AP poll: 37% approval for the clowninchief
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »
Ya public opinion is lower then dog shit for congress but the GOP are going to pick up more seats. Is this the same polls used for the Romney LANDSLIDE.

Silverman predicted an Obama win. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »
By simple fact instead of making inroads into the women, minority, moderate and independent votes they instead cater to the fringe wackos.

Good plan.  It's worked great so far.

I guess it has worked great so far, given that they control the majority state legislatures and governorships, hold the House, and are projected to take the Senate.  You'd think if they were dying they would be losing ground at the federal and state levels. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2013, 03:27:43 PM »
It starts at the national level first.  You know... "trickle down" effect that your party harps on.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2013, 03:33:38 PM »
It starts at the national level first.  You know... "trickle down" effect that your party harps on.

If it starts at the national level, then Democrats should hold the House and Senate.  Instead, Republicans hold the House and are projected to take the Senate.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2013, 04:04:49 PM »
Projections mean nothing until they occur.  Wishful thinking however.

Meanwhile, Dems have the WH and Senate.  So you may want to try again.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2013, 04:21:04 PM »
I guess it has worked great so far, given that they control the majority state legislatures and governorships, hold the House, and are projected to take the Senate.  You'd think if they were dying they would be losing ground at the federal and state levels. 

who is projecting that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2013, 04:33:27 PM »
Projections mean nothing until they occur.  Wishful thinking however.

Meanwhile, Dems have the WH and Senate.  So you may want to try again.

Not wishful thinking on my part.  Just relaying the projection by the guy who was most accurate in 2012. 

I'm not trying anything.  You're the one who said the Republican party is dead or dying.  I was asking for facts to support your opinion.  And the facts don't support your opinion.  Democrats lost the House two years after Obama took office.  If the party was dying, that wouldn't have happened, especially if--as you claim--it starts at the federal level. 

I also think Republicans gained seats in the Senate since Obama took office, which again shouldn't have happened if the party is dead or dying. 

The only thing you can point to is Obama winning the past two presidential elections.  But that no more signals the death of the Republican party than Bush winning the prior two elections signaled the death of the Democrat party. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »
Facts don't support my opinion but yet so called predictions support yours?   ::)

The opposing party gaining seats during midterms elections?  OMG!!  Never heard of before.  It certainly isn't like, the norm.   ::)

No, the signal for the GOP death is what I already said.  Failure to make inroads into any group except far right wackos.  Good job there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »
Facts don't support my opinion but yet so called predictions support yours?   ::)

The opposing party gaining seats during midterms elections?  OMG!!  Never heard of before.  It certainly isn't like, the norm.   ::)

No, the signal for the GOP death is what I already said.  Failure to make inroads into any group except far right wackos.  Good job there.

The facts don't support your opinion and the predictions don't support your opinion.  Basically nothing does. 

The opposing party didn't just gain seats, they took control of the House.  Amazing how a dying party gained so many seats. 

The GOP has made so few inroads that they're losing ground at the "national level" and state level.  Only if you ignore what's actually happening in elections around the country. 

I'm not suggesting the Republican party doesn't need to improve.  They certainly do.  So do Democrats.  But to say the party is dying is just silly. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2013, 06:10:34 PM »
I'm sorry?  What supports your opinion again?  Oh yeah... "predictions".   ::)

I'm predicting I will win the lottery this week.  Think they should just mail me the check before I even buy my ticket?

Making no new inroads.
Alienating every voting class except dingbat wackos.
Having a chance to look like centrists but they chose to look like 1940s fascists.
Their leader is nothing more than a coward too busy worrying about his speakership than in leading the party.
Too extreme for the younger generation who are much more liberal in social areas, the GOP just comes across as hateful.
Trickle down economics?  Yeah, that brought the middle class into the fold alright. 

Keep holding onto your hope.  The only chance you have for your little party is an influx of RINOs. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »

I'm predicting I will win the lottery this week.  Think they should just mail me the check before I even buy my ticket?

Making no new inroads.
Having a chance to look like centrists but they chose to look like 1940s fascists.
Their leader is nothing more than a coward too busy worrying about his speakership than in leading the party.
Too extreme for the younger generation who are much more liberal in social areas, the GOP just comes across as hateful.
Trickle down economics?  Yeah, that brought the middle class into the fold alright. 

Keep holding onto your hope.  The only chance you have for your little party is an influx of RINOs. 
hahah it always makes me laugh when liberals feel like they are the champions of the poor and neglected.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »

Making no new inroads.

I didn't make a prediction about the Senate.  Silverman did.  Your quarrel is with him, although he was dead on in 2012.  

Nothing wrong with looking at projections regarding what will happen in 2014 in Congress.  What else can anyone do but make projections at this point?  And because the Republican party is dying, the projections should show huge losses by Republicans.  But that's not what we're seeing at this point.  

But hey I don't fault you for wishful thinking.  

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »
I didn't make a prediction about the Senate.  Silverman did.  Your quarrel is with him, although he was dead on in 2012.  

Nothing wrong with looking at projections regarding what will happen in 2014 in Congress.  What else can anyone do but make projections at this point?  And because the Republican party is dying, the projections should show huge losses by Republicans.  But that's not what we're seeing at this point.  

Gerrymandering.  Don't be such a rube. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2013, 07:58:25 PM »

I realize that these sorts of things can change very rapidly but if you look across the globe in the developed countries there is without question a strong conservative movement going on. Germany, Austraila, France and Norway are all testimony to that in recent elections/events.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2013, 08:01:38 PM »
I realize that these sorts of things can change very rapidly but if you look across the globe in the developed countries there is without question a strong conservative movement going on. Germany, Austraila, France and Norway are all testimony to that in recent elections/events.
yeah but there has been a significant leftward trend at home.

I kmow we hold the house but IMHO it seems tjat publiv ideas and tjinking in general has been shifting steadily left.

I hope the republicans can adapt or lurker is right, theyll fade away.....

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2013, 08:17:57 PM »
yeah but there has been a significant leftward trend at home.

I kmow we hold the house but IMHO it seems tjat publiv ideas and tjinking in general has been shifting steadily left.

I hope the republicans can adapt or lurker is right, theyll fade away.....

Lol man fuck "lurker" or any of these other bitch ass simp lefties on this forum.

Congress really runs shit when it's all said and done. They control the purse and can make the president look like a complete buffoon as is the case now. Obama is accomplishing jack shit right now because of congress. And with the with the way the voting lines are drawn conservatives with dominate on the congressional and state level for at least the next 10 to 20 years.

Again, I am sure I will get 3 or 4 replies from the same beta DNC slaves who always respond to my posts but never come back with a decent response but it is what it is. You control congress and stand firm and u got the president by the balls.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »
Lol man fuck "lurker" or any of these other bitch ass simp lefties on this forum.

Congress really runs shit when it's all said and done. They control the purse and can make the president look like a complete buffoon as is the case now. Obama is accomplishing jack shit right now because of congress. And with the with the way the voting lines are drawn conservatives with dominate on the congressional and state level for at least the next 10 to 20 years.

Again, I am sure I will get 3 or 4 replies from the same beta DNC slaves who always respond to my posts but never come back with a decent response but it is what it is. You control congress and stand firm and u got the president by the balls.
I hope youre right.... the thought of an effective one party system because of the refusal of the Republicans to grow and change is a scary thought. ...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »
I hope youre right.... the thought of an effective one party system because of the refusal of the Republicans to grow and change is a scary thought. ...

Try to avoid the msm kool aid.(said with all respect, Shock)

Even bill Clinton recently said the republicans are doing a good job because they are simply saying "no".

You own Congress which the right does and you own the state level which the right DOMINATES and you can make the presidents job extremely difficult...just look at how much of this clowns agenda has fallen straight on its ass. The MSMs influence is literally dying before our eyes because people aren't tuning in and people the world over beginning to see liberalism for the cancer that it is. Obamacare will be a complete unmitigated disaster. The 2008 election where Obama was given control of the senate and congress was an absolute fluke given to him by that punk ass bitch George W who completely fucked this country up, no question about it. But Obama squandered that political power away in 2 years and will never regain a 60 seat senate or Pelosi as speaker of the house. Shock, is it an ideal situation at this moment? No it is not but with the way it's looking the right is poised to lessen this tyrant Obamas power in 2014 and if the lefties win another election in 16 which is very much a toss up then u just keep making their lives a living hell with a dominate congress and state level legislature, a relatively even or possibly majority right in the senate and let the chips fall where they may. But the idea of "changing" to fit their agenda, don't even entertain that idea.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »
Try to avoid the msm kool aid.(said with all respect, Shock)

Even bill Clinton recently said the republicans are doing a good job because they are simply saying "no".

You own Congress which the right does and you own the state level which the right DOMINATES and you can make the presidents job extremely difficult...just look at how much of this clowns agenda has fallen straight on its ass. The MSMs influence is literally dying before our eyes because people aren't tuning in and people the world over beginning to see liberalism for the cancer that it is. Obamacare will be a complete unmitigated disaster. The 2008 election where Obama was given control of the senate and congress was an absolute fluke given to him by that punk ass bitch George W who completely fucked this country up, no question about it. But Obama squandered that political power away in 2 years and will never regain a 60 seat senate or Pelosi as speaker of the house. Shock, is it an ideal situation at this moment? No it is not but with the way it's looking the right is poised to lessen this tyrant Obamas power in 2014 and if the lefties win another election in 16 which is very much a toss up then u just keep making their lives a living hell with a dominate congress and state level legislature, a relatively even or possibly majority right in the senate and let the chips fall where they may. But the idea of "changing" to fit their agenda, don't even entertain that idea.
No offense taken, I literally never turn on a major outlet. But you have to realize I live in greater Seattle area Washington, so I'm supremely bombarded on all sides by extreme left ideals and attitudes. It's tough to sort out whats actually going on on a national level.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »
No offense taken, I literally never turn on a major outlet. But you have to realize I live in greater Seattle area Washington, so I'm supremely bombarded on all sides by extreme left ideals and attitudes. It's tough to sort out whats actually going on on a national level.

Well you come down to Texas, the midwest, or the south my brotha and I'll show you a completely different landscape. You gotta look at this from a strategic standpoint. If I had to place a bet, not being a dick sucking DNC or RNC member I will say come November 2014 the Republicans will gain seats in the Senate and a good chance they will have a very slight majority in the senate. Of course the same 20 year old naive liberal robots on this forum will throw out the same "2012 republicans lost the presidential election" talking point they always do but I'm not looking at the past...this is mid term, 6 years into a very unpopular president and I'm looking forward and if the republicans do pick up seats, which you would be a fool to bet against, then you most certainly don't change your message to conform to those who are poised to lose come November next year.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
Well you come down to Texas, the midwest, or the south my brotha and I'll show you a completely different landscape. You gotta look at this from a strategic standpoint. If I had to place a bet, not being a dick sucking DNC or RNC member I will say come November 2014 the Republicans will gain seats in the Senate and a good chance they will have a very slight majority in the senate. Of course the same 20 year old naive liberal robots on this forum will throw out the same "2012 republicans lost the presidential election" talking point they always do but I'm not looking at the past...this is mid term, 6 years into a very unpopular president and I'm looking forward and if the republicans do pick up seats, which you would be a fool to bet against, then you most certainly don't change your message to conform to those who are poised to lose come November next year.
I lived in Houston 2010 through 2012, and i was shocked was liberal the landscape was in the city. I was surrounded by blacks and mexicans though, so that may have something to do with it.

Im not gonna lie, living next to the ghettos in Houston made me pretty racist. It's leaving me since I'm back up north.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2013, 05:58:34 AM »

Epic denial.

What was the reaction to Silverman's prediction before the outcome of the 2012 election?  Yeah... that's what I thought.  How fickle.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2013, 06:12:22 AM »
I lived in Houston 2010 through 2012, and i was shocked was liberal the landscape was in the city. I was surrounded by blacks and mexicans though, so that may have something to do with it.

Im not gonna lie, living next to the ghettos in Houston made me pretty racist. It's leaving me since I'm back up north.

I'm already pretty racist anyway.  At least this month.  Just like every October.  When the blacks shuttle their kids - 10-15 to a car - into our community.  There will literally be a line of cars like a funeral procession waiting at the gate for it to open when someone like UPS or FedEx comes through.  Then they file in and disgorge their little turds in the area, while the "mama" sits behind the steering wheel of a 15 year old beater car ("mismatched tires and the whitewall's flaking.... " ~ mixalot reference) with her hair in curls, cigarette in one hand, cell phone in the other (using it like a damn walkie talkie - at the ear to listen then holds it front of her mouth while she speaks... back to ear.. .back to mouth)...  sitting there alternately yelling out the car window (as the little monkeys trample up our lawns because they never heard of using a damn sidewalk before)  "HEY! WHAT THEM GIVE YOU IN DAT HOUSE OVER THERE?  YOU BETTER GO BACK AND GET ME ONE"

I have taken stocking lots of fruits and peanut packs for these hordes.  Though I tend to give the whiniest little crybaby in the group something extra like a pack of Now And Laters or M&Ms.  Knowing damn well that when they get back in the car it is going to instigate a fight in the back seat between them all wanting it.  That won't end until "mama" (or "auntie") takes it away from them and eats it right there in front of the brood.  And then the whiny little bastard is going to cry and sniffle and whine all the way home over them being mean to him. 

Don't worry, by my birthday in November my grass will have recovered, I will have replaced all the cracked and broken sprinkler heads in the yard that got stomped on, or dug up ("hey look whut I found whut dis is?") and my postal guy will have wiped off all the grimey hand prints from the mailbox.  Life will be back to normal.

Until next October.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2013, 07:33:09 AM »

Maybe the western world CAN recover...lets hope so..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2013, 10:24:23 AM »
Gerrymandering.  Don't be such a rube. 

Ok gimmick. Are you saying gerrymandering is the reason Republicans hold the House, are projected to take the Senate, etc.?