Author Topic: 2014 World Cup  (Read 5782 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: 2014 World Cup
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »
Panama gave it away to mexico tonight

I hope Brazil wins it all next year

That was an epic bicycle kick by Mexico. Good shit.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 03:09:12 AM »
More rigged than the Olympia

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 03:13:39 AM »
Is it time for grass diving, again!? Time flies. Oh, and cue the soccer-is-better-than-any-other-game fan boys.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 06:06:09 AM »
Soccer is for betas. Fuck off this is the USA where we play REAL football.

Soccer.... BWAUAHAHAHAHAHA.
$

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 06:13:23 AM »
Is it time for grass diving, again!? Time flies. Oh, and cue the soccer-is-better-than-any-other-game fan boys.

I especially like the part where they carry on that 5 foot 7 inch 150-pound guys are the greatest athletes in the world

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 06:24:22 AM »
soccer....gayer than an Elton John slumber party

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 11:02:22 AM »
go Colombia

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 11:02:49 AM »
just as easy when not  :D
I tried watching some soccer this weekend, I made it exactly 3 min....
and then I realized no fucks given.

I ceased attempting to give a fuck, and turned on some good ole murrican football.

sure, soccer is boring, lets watch fucking Baseball, that thing that makes Cricket look like world war 2.

the real truth is that the US team SUCKS bad in soccer, thats why some americans try to avoid it, because they are not used to the humiliation they take in that sport.

and BTW, real "american" football is called Rugby, not that fag thing with helmets and pads everywhere.

soccer players are modern day glatiatiors, plain and simple

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2013, 11:23:29 AM »
sure, soccer is boring, lets watch fucking Baseball, that thing that makes Cricket look like world war 2.

the real truth is that the US team SUCKS bad in soccer, thats why some americans try to avoid it, because they are not used to the humiliation they take in that sport.

and BTW, real "american" football is called Rugby, not that fag thing with helmets and pads everywhere.

hahahaha soccer players being modern day gladiators, guess thats why they have an epidemic of debilitating injuries, right broseph? Those dirt diving pansies are about the gayest athletes on the face of the earth.

fyi I cant stand baseball.... and I only really follow the Seahawks anymore, hell half the time I dont watch the games even. Soccer is somewhere above baseball and below watching paint dry (IMHO, of course)... all of it is pretty much a waste of time.

And im pretty sure that if you took a star rugby player and stuck him in a NFL fame, hed get knocked the fuck out.... conversely, you stick an nfl player into a rugby game, hed probably break his neck without his padding.

Nfl players hit harder than any other sport on earth. .. thats why they wear pads.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2013, 11:34:35 AM »
from all the games ive seen, germany are going to walk this years by a mile, i realy cant see anybody being able to keep up with them

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »
I was glad to see USA win its group but I don't realistically expect them to get past the quarterfinals.
~

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2013, 03:29:12 PM »

Nfl players hit harder than any other sport on earth. .. thats why they wear pads.

Wrong, NHL is the hardest hitting sport, and if the game sucks they throw in a few fights. ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2013, 03:31:47 PM »
Wrong, NHL is the hardest hitting sport, and if the game sucks they throw in a few fights. ;D

Fair enough

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2013, 03:33:59 PM »
Hella faggety.
A

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »
Fair enough

What? You gonna let me win that easily?  I was hoping for an epic 20 page back and forth like Donny and Bigmc have going.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »
What? You gonna let me win that easily?  I was hoping for an epic 20 page back and forth like Donny and Bigmc have going.
Hah, no ive seen a few NHL fights... id say its a little different deal than what we were discussing, but you could sure argue the violence factor.

As far as how hard they hit, I think a 250lb linebacker lowering his shoulder and hitting a 220lb running back both at a dead sprint is probably a harder hit than your typical NHL hit, but they dont haul off and start beating each other either. Haha

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 03:51:06 PM »
Hah, no ive seen a few NHL fights... id say its a little different deal than what we were discussing, but you could sure argue the violence factor.

As far as how hard they hit, I think a 250lb linebacker lowering his shoulder and hitting a 220lb running back both at a dead sprint is probably a harder hit than your typical NHL hit, but they dont haul off and start beating each other either. Haha

Well that is true but guys on skates are moving a lot faster than anyone can run and have you seen the size of some of these players today? There are quite a few that are over 6'6, but I don't know their weight.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2013, 05:51:35 PM »
   I hope Costa Rica beats Mexico on the 15th.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »

Hockey is the least gay sport out there!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2013, 07:02:34 PM »

LMFAO yes 120lb modern day gladiators in a sport where contact is discouraged ::)

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »

Baddest motherfuckers on the planet!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2013, 07:25:03 PM »
big hits not doubt

I wonder if they have ever done a sport science show about what hits are harder.

Honestly I still think football hits are going to end up being harder due to the mechanics. They are a generally initiated with a much more violent launch from the hitter and are initiated by both players instead of one catching the other off guard meaning both are toward the collision with hitting the other person in mind.

notice how alot of football tackles start with an all out full body launch from the hitter instead of them worry about staying on their feet.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2013, 07:30:06 PM »
Well that is true but guys on skates are moving a lot faster than anyone can run and have you seen the size of some of these players today? There are quite a few that are over 6'6, but I don't know their weight.
Whats the speed of NHL players during a game?
I used to worked at a hotel where the Capitals used to stay, and many were tall, but kinda lanky, not built like Laron Landry...

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
big hits not doubt

I wonder if they have ever done a sport science show about what hits are harder.

Honestly I still think football hits are going to end up being harder due to the mechanics. They are a generally initiated with a much more violent launch from the hitter and are initiated by both players instead of one catching the other off guard meaning both are toward the collision with hitting the other person in mind.

notice how alot of football tackles start with an all out full body launch from the hitter instead of them worry about staying on their feet.

Would be interested in a comparison myself. Not to take anything away from the football players but they do wear a lot more padding and the helmets seem to protect the head/face a lot better. Back in the day these crazy hockey bastards didn't even wear helmets  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »
Would be interested in a comparison myself. Not to take anything away from the football players but they do wear a lot more padding and the helmets seem to protect the head/face a lot better. Back in the day these crazy hockey bastards didn't even wear helmets  ;D

its a double edge sword, it does protect their head and face but they also tend to lead with their heads and go straight for the heads of others(something they have tried to cut down on lately with penalties)