Author Topic: Heme Iron  (Read 8216 times)

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
Re: Heme Iron
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 11:58:01 PM »
What the hell is heme iron???  ???

There are two sources of iron in our food: heme iron, or iron derived fron hemoglobin, comes from meat; non heme iron comes from plants.  The body utilizes heme iron more easily.  However, some "experts" claim that heme iron, partly because it is absorbed so easily, can accumulate in the body, contributing to several degenerative diseases.

None of this is well supported by science, of course.  If it were, why would you be finding out about it here?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 05:18:38 AM »
There are two sources of iron in our food: heme iron, or iron derived fron hemoglobin, comes from meat; non heme iron comes from plants.  The body utilizes heme iron more easily.  However, some "experts" claim that heme iron, partly because it is absorbed so easily, can accumulate in the body, contributing to several degenerative diseases.

None of this is well supported by science, of course.  If it were, why would you be finding out about it here?

hahah there you go again, ive posted tons of studies and links already about heme-iron and the dangers associated with it. you always know when to chime in you fagget
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 05:03:21 PM »
More pics of big booty heifers, plz.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 05:43:39 PM »

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »
hahah there you go again, ive posted tons of studies and links already about heme-iron and the dangers associated with it. you always know when to chime in you fagget

Hahah you've posted shit, not to put too fine a point on it.  And you know shit.

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »

thanks.

I have watched 4-5 Falcons videos on his youtube channel - is that the example in those vids how human degenerates?

I'm serious btw, the fk is wrong with that singing, ghost fisting, living in a basement and stuf??  ??? and just overall I'm not getting mr. falcon
!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 05:24:42 AM »
Hahah you've posted shit, not to put too fine a point on it.  And you know shit.
here you go, you are a paid poster and im about to piss off your boss. i know you work for the meat-packing company fagget and will do anything to dismiss the studies theres a ton more this is just off hand

www.livestrong.com/article/473732-iron-cancer/
cancerpreventionresearch .aacrjournals.org/content/4/2/177.full
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21209396
ejtcm.com/2011/03/18/iron-and-cancer-2/
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22952183\
ukhcforums.uky.edu/forums/blogs/.../09/.../iron-and-cancer-risk.aspx
cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/16/6/1306.full
A

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
here you go, you are a paid poster and im about to piss off your boss. i know you work for the meat-packing company fagget and will do anything to dismiss the studies theres a ton more this is just off hand

www.livestrong.com/article/473732-iron-cancer/
cancerpreventionresearch .aacrjournals.org/content/4/2/177.full
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21209396
ejtcm.com/2011/03/18/iron-and-cancer-2/
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22952183\
ukhcforums.uky.edu/forums/blogs/.../09/.../iron-and-cancer-risk.aspx
cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/16/6/1306.full

This is really old news.  Some studies have shown an increased risk of cancer in those who ingest cured meats or red meats regularly.  One theory is that nitrate compounds used in cured meats were the culprit, as was heme iron in red meat.  

Unfortunately, there is no proof that this is the case.  Just a plausible account of why heme iron and nitrates are the culprits.  Some studies show a statistical correlation and some don't.  You picked some that do.

Here's one that doesn't:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22253298.

You can pick and choose what you like.  You have not provided any evidence that heme iron causes cancer. You certainly have no grounds for diagnosing people over the Internet as having been done in by heme iron.  That's just ridiculous.

Remember those studies that purported to show an association between a certain class of brain tumor and cell phone use?  Subsequent studies have come to opposite conclusions.

The heme-iron theory is like that.

And I don't work in the meat industry.  Do you honestly think anyone working in that industry cares what a crackpot like you posts on a bodybuilding forum?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 05:01:22 AM »

This is really old news.  Some studies have shown an increased risk of cancer in those who ingest cured meats or red meats regularly.  One theory is that nitrate compounds used in cured meats were the culprit, as was heme iron in red meat.

Unfortunately, there is no proof that this is the case.  Just a plausible account of why heme iron and nitrates are the culprits.  Some studies show a statistical correlation and some don't.  You picked some that do.

Here's one that doesn't:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22253298.

You can pick and choose what you like.  You have not provided any evidence that heme iron causes cancer. You certainly have no grounds for diagnosing people over the Internet as having been done in by heme iron.  That's just ridiculous.

Remember those studies that purported to show an association between a certain class of brain tumor and cell phone use?  Subsequent studies have come to opposite conclusions.

The heme-iron theory is like that.

And I don't work in the meat industry.  Do you honestly think anyone working in that industry cares what a crackpot like you posts on a bodybuilding forum?

you are very overly passionate about going at me about this , you can admit im right, but still going after me is odd

you are a paid poster. but you are blowing your cover
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 06:16:28 AM »
you are very overly passionate about going at me about this , you can admit im right, but still going after me is odd

I doubt he's paid. 
A

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »

This heme iron stuff is bunk.  And you assume it's gospel because some studies have found a statistical correlation (and a weak one at that) between intake of red meat and cancer.  Ignoring the fact that other studies have not found any such link.  And the idea that, if red meat is dangerous, it is due to heme iron, is little better than speculation.

I'm not "going after" you.  However, I do think you are wrong to keep preaching this heme iron stuff, and it also stinks to lightheartedly comment about someone's untimely death as if it is categorically established to have been caused by heme iron, when in reality you know you are just talking through your ass (as is often the case).

Man, you have some ego to think that someone would actually pay to challenge your nonsensical ideas on an Internet forum.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »
We must find a solution to that damn heme iron.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 08:42:17 PM »
Mmm, heme is tasty. And, it's good for you.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 05:15:46 AM »
Homo's
Engulf
Meat
Exclusively

It
Rots
Our
iNsides

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 05:27:06 AM »

This heme iron stuff is bunk.  And you assume it's gospel because some studies have found a statistical correlation (and a weak one at that) between intake of red meat and cancer.  Ignoring the fact that other studies have not found any such link.  And the idea that, if red meat is dangerous, it is due to heme iron, is little better than speculation.

I'm not "going after" you.  However, I do think you are wrong to keep preaching this heme iron stuff, and it also stinks to lightheartedly comment about someone's untimely death as if it is categorically established to have been caused by heme iron, when in reality you know you are just talking through your ass (as is often the case).

Man, you have some ego to think that someone would actually pay to challenge your nonsensical ideas on an Internet forum.

there are root causes to sickenesses

one of them is how you eat you fagget

youre a bum your lucky i even respond because you dont seem to get it
A

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »

Learn to spell, Ace.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »
Learn to spell, Ace.

content is what we are after here fuckface
A

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
content is what we are after here fuckface

You score zero on that as well.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »

Out of curiosity, have you had your blood work done recently?
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »
Out of curiosity, have you had your blood work done recently?
yes i checked out normal even at over 300 pounds

im 285 now
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »

im 285 now

Good to hear!
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2013, 06:56:25 PM »

im 285 now
Marty Farkwater approved.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013, 07:00:58 PM »
Marty Farkwater approved.

im thinking its time for a bulk but with high cardio

im thinking the massive amounts of bodyweight squats at 315 may have fucked up my back. i think cardio wouldve suited me better

im trying to figure out the best way i can have energy for both reading and physical activities without getting injured or a bad back. and quite simply dieting is not the way  :'(
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2013, 07:03:28 PM »
 :(e
im thinking its time for a bulk but with high cardio

im thinking the massive amounts of bodyweight squats at 315 may have fucked up my back. i think cardio wouldve suited me better

im trying to figure out the best way i can have energy for both reading and physical activities without getting injured or a bad back. and quite simply dieting is not the way  :'(
I got up over 300 as well man.... im down to 245 again, and the energy is so much stronger with the weight gone.

trust me brotha.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013, 07:06:33 PM »
:(eI got up over 300 as well man.... im down to 245 again, and the energy is so much stronger with the weight gone.

trust me brotha.

energy to me means doing more and reading more

i didnt read shit when i was lighter

are you reading alot of shit now since you are lighter

didnt think so
A