Author Topic: Top 5 strongest bodybuilders of all time  (Read 72148 times)

whitewidow

Re: Top 5 strongest bodybuilders of all time
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2013, 03:25:50 AM »
Farnco for sure especially if you count in lb for lb. somebody who was 185lbs moving that much weight is def the winner or at least in the top 5. Franco could also do wide grip pull-ups very easy with the best form I have seen,nowadyas bodybuilders cannot do wide grip pull-ups like franco could they are just built to heavy.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »
Farnco for sure especially if you count in lb for lb. somebody who was 185lbs moving that much weight is def the winner or at least in the top 5. Franco could also do wide grip pull-ups very easy with the best form I have seen,nowadyas bodybuilders cannot do wide grip pull-ups like franco could they are just built to heavy.

Too heavy???

55 (kipping) pullups at 122kg...

Pudzianowski doing good form pullups around 300lbs I guess...

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »

they aren't too heavy they are just lazy and their muscles are useless.

whitewidow

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2013, 04:15:15 AM »
they aren't too heavy they are just lazy and their muscles are useless.

That too.

whitewidow

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2013, 04:16:32 AM »
somebody post that video clip of franco doing those pull-ups in pumping iron also post that bench press he does where arnold is spotting him. Franco just makes things look so easy!

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2013, 09:59:16 AM »
somebody post that video clip of franco doing those pull-ups in pumping iron also post that bench press he does where arnold is spotting him. Franco just makes things look so easy!

315 like a feather

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2013, 12:26:01 PM »

Platz 315 for 50 reps?? ::)

Mentzer 925 squats for 2?? Hahaha

What a load of shit

It was 900 for Ray. I trained at his gym at the time and was there the next day. Benny Podda told me about it. He and others were there to witness and they all said the same thing. I was not there to witness it. I can tell you Ray was one of the strongest guys of the day.

and keep moving!

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2013, 12:43:03 PM »
Eder could bench 500, overhead press 350 and dip with 400+ lbs. i would like to see ANY bodybuilder now match all 3. 
Park was the first BB'r to bench 500 and Pearl squatted 600 for reps.
Sipes was a very strong bencher, but don't know about his other lifts.
Columbu was a freak and his short size helped a lot.
Platz was a monster squatter and hack squatter.
Casey Viator should get a mention. 600 lb squats for reps, 225 lb curls, etc.
Just a few from the the pre  90 era.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »
It was 900 for Ray. I trained at his gym at the time and was there the next day. Benny Podda told me about it. He and others were there to witness and they all said the same thing. I was not there to witness it. I can tell you Ray was one of the strongest guys of the day.

Not to sound like a dick...but it never happened!!!!! A 900lb squat especially back then was almost unheard of. He might've been strong, hell he might've even put 900 on the bar, but there's no way he squatted it.

whitewidow

« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »
315 like a feather
yes just like it was the bar only. I can barely lift 315 for 4-5 reps. somebody post the clip of franco doing that set with 315lbs with arnold fucking with him and also that set of wide grip pull-ups. I have never seen a bodybuilder do pullups so perfectly with that wide of a grip and he did make 315 look like pussy weight Arnold waas fucking with him and franco was busting out laughing still benching 315 like it was  nothing. We need clips I can't get my computer to post the clips for some reason.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2013, 03:20:36 PM »
yes just like it was the bar only. I can barely lift 315 for 4-5 reps. somebody post the clip of franco doing that set with 315lbs with arnold fucking with him and also that set of wide grip pull-ups. I have never seen a bodybuilder do pullups so perfectly with that wide of a grip and he did make 315 look like pussy weight Arnold waas fucking with him and franco was busting out laughing still benching 315 like it was  nothing. We need clips I can't get my computer to post the clips for some reason.

whitewidow

« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2013, 05:01:04 AM »

Thanks. I can't belive how easy he gets that last rep up after it sat on his chest while he laughed for 10 seconds. where is that pull-up clip right before he does that bench press set he has the most insane wide grip pull up form. I can't post video on this piece of shit computer or maybe i am just computer retarded

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2013, 08:53:54 AM »
would have liked to see footage of franco benching his 525 max (even though I do believe he did it) little franco underneath that massive amount of plates and manhandling it lol for sure something to see..

and yep his chins were with perfect form. extremely powerful guy, I mean who on todays stage could match his strength and blow up a hot air balloon, compete in WSM ect? these accomplishments automatically put him near the top as one of the strongest ever imo.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »
just saw this and remembered the comments about pullups, and i know Poundstone is a freak but worth watching anyway

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2013, 04:41:35 PM »
Franco was doing pretty good in the WSM until he broke his leg. He was literally running with a fridge on his back.
A

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »
Johnnie Jackson?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »
Franko was doing pretty good in the WSM until he broke his leg.

Ferrigno did too, even Mike Dayton was alright, even though he was probably the second smallest there. It would be interesting to see a Strongman competition between the IFBB pros today.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2013, 05:26:08 PM »
Too heavy???

55 (kipping) pullups at 122kg...

Pudzianowski doing good form pullups around 300lbs I guess...
bro,thats useless to develop back.

thats the opposite of proper bbuilding form.
n

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2013, 05:37:28 PM »
Ferrigno did too, even Mike Dayton was alright, even though he was probably the second smallest there. It would be interesting to see a Strongman competition between the IFBB pros today.

mike dayton used to bend quarters with his bare hands.
dont know if any pros today could do that.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2013, 06:39:38 AM »
Would love to see that, it would be gold!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2013, 11:45:27 AM »
Eddie elwood was freakishly strong
T

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2013, 04:48:43 PM »

Big deal. He hits nine or 10 and does a compression-y bounce pause on the last rep. Hell, I am drug-free and can do that. I mean, Franco was strong, yeah, but not FREAK strong.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »
Basile.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »
Big deal. He hits nine or 10 and does a compression-y bounce pause on the last rep. Hell, I am drug-free and can do that. I mean, Franco was strong, yeah, but not FREAK strong.

Franco was about 185 lbs so i'd say that is absolutely freak strong. Especially his best lifts, you cant tell me that those ratios (bodyweight to weight lifted) are everyday occurrences.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2013, 07:18:32 PM »
Franco was about 185 lbs so i'd say that is absolutely freak strong. Especially his best lifts, you cant tell me that those ratios (bodyweight to weight lifted) are everyday occurrences.

He is NOT 185 in that video. More like low 200s. And swallowing Dianabol like it's Pez.