Author Topic: Top 5 strongest bodybuilders of all time  (Read 70981 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Top 5 strongest bodybuilders of all time
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2013, 06:50:07 PM »
Ray got up to like 300 lbs...

Ray would have been literally crushed with 900 pounds on his back. As was said, such a weight is the domain of the biggest and greatest powerlifters, not some bodybuilder, who, by the way, trained much like his brother. And this means very shallow power-rack squats, etc.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2013, 08:50:52 PM »
Stan Efferding is the strongest.

stan efferding is not a bber, and not a powerlifter, in an official point of view.

He won few backyard circus-powerlifting meet and won nothing big in bodybuilding.

He's a ripped guy with an horrible squat from, good bench and dead.
asstropin

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2013, 11:06:33 PM »

This is Franco's true strength reality. He hits four tough reps with 405 ... not exactly the strength required to hit 500. Not even CLOSE.

The guy was super strong, yeah, but let's not get carried away, people.  

it's weird how different people are  different in terms of reps translating to 1rm.  

I could do strict four plates for seven, but four and a half for only two, and not a single with four and a 35.

my buddy could do five plates for one when he could only do 5 with four plates.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2013, 02:44:04 AM »
stan efferding is not a bber, and not a powerlifter, in an official point of view.

He won few backyard circus-powerlifting meet and won nothing big in bodybuilding.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA.... ::)

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2013, 07:36:16 AM »
as for squats i think mike francois handled some big weights too . . but . its unending discuss

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2013, 08:07:26 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... ::)

What an idiot!! He is an IFBB professional bodybuilder....thats more of a bodybuilder than 99% of people on this website, he has a huge total in powerlifting too....yet his form isnt upto jon coles standard ::)

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »
id stan efferding is good in both sport and sport a good physique he is in the tradition of ladnier jay rosciglione and many others powerlifters who had great physiques . may i had john gamble and steve wilson . all but forgotten i would say

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2013, 11:53:26 AM »
If they look like shit who cares how strong they are.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »

If they are weak as shit who cares how they look?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2013, 12:05:17 PM »
It doesnt matter either way.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2013, 03:01:14 PM »

exactly, both ways.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2013, 06:14:37 PM »
in one of flex issues in the 90s during dorian's era they wrote that chris cormier was the strongest pro.!!.. not sure if this was true..

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »
in one of flex issues in the 90s during dorian's era they wrote that chris cormier was the strongest pro.!!.. not sure if this was true..

Not even close. The guy was only really known for his big incline press, and even these were done not fully to the chest. And that time he "squatted" 675 for a FLEX photo shoot was total crap. He never hit depth ... not even close. I recently saw him interviewed in a video and he says at one time he could squat 700. In a few years he'll state he could rep with 750.

::)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2013, 07:08:54 PM »

You're a total jackass. So that he earned an IFBB pro card and set official powerlifting records doesn't make him an "official" competitor in each sport? My LORD you are a clown.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »

Spoken like a true modern metrosexual man who doesn't value manly pursuits that result in tangible abilities.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2013, 07:13:05 PM »

it's weird how different people are  different in terms of reps translating to 1rm.  

I could do strict four plates for seven, but four and a half for only two, and not a single with four and a 35.

my buddy could do five plates for one when he could only do 5 with four plates.

I don't accept what you state. Your buddy only being able to perform four plates for five yet five for a single is pure horseshit. I know what you mean about different people having different abilities with reps vs. singles, but in regard to what you suggest ... no.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »

Those that care how they look

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2013, 08:25:53 PM »
You're a total jackass. So that he earned an IFBB pro card and set official powerlifting records doesn't make him an "official" competitor in each sport? My LORD you are a clown.
back at again......dogging out the dudes you interviewed.....cormier was quite strong......he only brought the bar to chin level to keep tension on the chest.......good to see you doing what you do best!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2013, 08:58:23 PM »
back at again......dogging out the dudes you interviewed.....cormier was quite strong......he only brought the bar to chin level to keep tension on the chest.......good to see you doing what you do best!

What are you on about? I am championing Stan here, tweezletop.

As far as Cormier is concerned, "dogging out the dudes"? Chris had an amazing physique. Could have won more, no doubt. But to suggest he was the strongest of his era is nonsense. So if my stating this is dogging out the dudes, well ... (P.S. So let me get this straight. Because I interviewed these guys I owe them a lifetime of worship?)

You're kind of a little bitch. Following me around. As I've said in the past, you are more than likely one of the assclowns I ignored at a gym back in the day. So now you're piping up here and there, feeling good about yourself. Cock in one hand, Cheetos in the other, and distant memories of being in my presence flooding your low-functioning brain.

Of course, you still won't reveal who you are ... like a little bitch.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »
You know the reason you guys never saw TOP pros (bodybuilders) squatting 700, benching 600 and dead lifting 800...CAUSE THEY COULDN'T !!!! with the exception of a select few, maybe 3-4 guys none of them could handle the weight they claimed they could.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »
Stan Efferding is the strongest

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2013, 10:00:21 PM »

EXACTLY

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2013, 11:00:49 PM »
I can't remember the duration of TA's feat, might have been 10 minutes.
what is this deadlifts? if so I can do that in ten min.  ;).

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2013, 11:05:55 PM »
What are you on about? I am championing Stan here, tweezletop.

As far as Cormier is concerned, "dogging out the dudes"? Chris had an amazing physique. Could have won more, no doubt. But to suggest he was the strongest of his era is nonsense. So if my stating this is dogging out the dudes, well ... (P.S. So let me get this straight. Because I interviewed these guys I owe them a lifetime of worship?)

You're kind of a little bitch. Following me around. As I've said in the past, you are more than likely one of the assclowns I ignored at a gym back in the day. So now you're piping up here and there, feeling good about yourself. Cock in one hand, Cheetos in the other, and distant memories of being in my presence flooding your low-functioning brain.

Of course, you still won't reveal who you are ... like a little bitch.

BRO.....YOU DON'T KNOW ME......I HAVE NEVER BEEN AROUND YOU.......I KNEW YOU WERE A WRITER AT ONE TIME.....OBVIOUSLY YOU SUCKED BECAUSE YOU ARE WASHED UP AND DONE....AND YES....YOU DO PUT MANY BBERS DOWN......YOU THINK YOU ARE SOME KIND OF STUD.....TRUST ME....YOU ARE NOT......YOU NEVER IGNORED ME....CAUSE WE HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE SAME ROOM.....GET OVER YOURSELF......I JUST GET A KICK OUT OF YOU THROWING LITTLE DIGS AT VARIOUS EX CHAMPS......I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN YOUR PRESENCE.....SO YOU NEVER BLEW ME OFF......WHO THE FUCK WOULD FOLLOW YOU AROUND.....LOOKING FOR YOUR APPROVAL???? YOU ARE A HERO IN YOUR OWN MIND.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2013, 07:12:28 AM »
BRO.....YOU DON'T KNOW ME......I HAVE NEVER BEEN AROUND YOU.......I KNEW YOU WERE A WRITER AT ONE TIME.....OBVIOUSLY YOU SUCKED BECAUSE YOU ARE WASHED UP AND DONE....AND YES....YOU DO PUT MANY BBERS DOWN......YOU THINK YOU ARE SOME KIND OF STUD.....TRUST ME....YOU ARE NOT......YOU NEVER IGNORED ME....CAUSE WE HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE SAME ROOM.....GET OVER YOURSELF......I JUST GET A KICK OUT OF YOU THROWING LITTLE DIGS AT VARIOUS EX CHAMPS......I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN YOUR PRESENCE.....SO YOU NEVER BLEW ME OFF......WHO THE FUCK WOULD FOLLOW YOU AROUND.....LOOKING FOR YOUR APPROVAL???? YOU ARE A HERO IN YOUR OWN MIND.

I have officially owned your mind, wimp.