Author Topic: Need help with Sodium absorbtion.  (Read 2651 times)

MasterJoey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Need help with Sodium absorbtion.
« on: December 30, 2005, 03:59:04 PM »
Unfortunately, I am on a six month cycle of prednisone due to a severe lung infection. I am not one to lye around and get fat. One of the worst side effects of prednisone is Sodium retention, causing weight gain and Moon Face. I have been very careful over the last 6 weeks, but sometimes i have faults. Today was chinese food and i feel soooo fucking salty, my feet and hands are swollen and and my mouth taste like a salt lick.Please help. what is the best way to keep my saline low or clear my system, without resorting to magnieseum Citrate?

bravo

• Getbig II
  • Self Inflicted!!
Re: Need help with Sodium absorbtion.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 04:46:22 PM »
Hydration, Hydration, Hydration

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 05:19:33 PM »
Hydration, Hydration, Hydration

Yes.  And avoiding high sodium food is probably a good idea as well.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 08:37:41 PM »
Yes.  And avoiding high sodium food is probably a good idea as well.
Agreed.

If your having trouble with sodium why on earth would you go and eat Chinease? Wouldn't that kind of be like a diabetic diving in to a giant sugar bin?

MasterJoey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 10:23:02 PM »
couldnt help it. Been dieting and training hard for a month, fell, I was weak, I just needed some chinese.....

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 01:33:41 AM »

what caused the lung infection ??

what bug you got growin in your sputum??

bravo

• Getbig II
  • Self Inflicted!!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 06:29:05 AM »
what caused the lung infection ??

what bug you got growin in your sputum??

PCP???

MasterJoey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 11:17:11 AM »
Multiple DVT'S following Multitraumatic MVA. Lungs are shot for life.

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 11:54:42 AM »
1 life 1 liver

bravo

• Getbig II
  • Self Inflicted!!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 01:27:17 PM »
Multiple DVT'S following Multitraumatic MVA. Lungs are shot for life.

You must be also living on rel. high doses of coumadin as well....have you found that this impacts your ablility to go very heavy?  How many PE's did you have as a result of the DVT's? 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 03:04:32 PM »
couldnt help it. Been dieting and training hard for a month, fell, I was weak, I just needed some chinese.....

Stop muching on Chinese!   >:(

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 03:08:09 PM »
Stop muching on Chinese!   >:(

DIV
Yeah, I don't get it, why is he eating this stuff when he knows what it will do to him. I can understand needing a bit of a break now and then and munching on something good, but Chinese with his problem...come on.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 03:43:10 PM »
Yeah, I don't get it, why is he eating this stuff when he knows what it will do to him. I can understand needing a bit of a break now and then and munching on something good, but Chinese with his problem...come on.

The worse part is that he's right........the prednisone combined with the high sodium of Chinese will bloat him up like a Balloon float....

His fingers and feet/ankles must be horrid looking.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

MasterJoey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 09:31:33 PM »
Coumadin therapy has been over for awhile, but I have to keep some incase. It was hell for 16 months.  ZRight now im down to about 30% lung capacity but, im true my credo and am INFANTRY BORN HARDCORE. On top of that, i will not be made a junkie by the VA. They have tried to keep me down with megadoses os morphine, Demeral, vicodin, whatever was the lowest bidder that month. But I will not take them and still work out. While i may not be an aesthetic, I am strong and walk without a cane as much as possible. Right now my biiggest problem is the sodium retention. I was shopping today, looking at various sodium levels in soft drinks and the amazing amount in them is staggering. However, i did find out in my mega JOLT COLA was only 10 grams vs. the 85 and more in other cola drinks. It seems caffeine is the key, so far. Wish me luck.

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 10:00:35 PM »

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 06:51:51 AM »
Stay strong Big Joe  :)

bravo

• Getbig II
  • Self Inflicted!!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 11:17:16 AM »
Coumadin therapy has been over for awhile, but I have to keep some incase. It was hell for 16 months.  ZRight now im down to about 30% lung capacity but, im true my credo and am INFANTRY BORN HARDCORE. On top of that, i will not be made a junkie by the VA. They have tried to keep me down with megadoses os morphine, Demeral, vicodin, whatever was the lowest bidder that month. But I will not take them and still work out. While i may not be an aesthetic, I am strong and walk without a cane as much as possible. Right now my biiggest problem is the sodium retention. I was shopping today, looking at various sodium levels in soft drinks and the amazing amount in them is staggering. However, i did find out in my mega JOLT COLA was only 10 grams vs. the 85 and more in other cola drinks. It seems caffeine is the key, so far. Wish me luck.

caffeine is only going to inhibit your antidiuretic hormone leading you to urinate more and leave you with yet higher residual sodium levels....thus further attempts by your body to retain fluids.....you've got to hydrate.