Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman is untouchable! Don't even try!  (Read 35305 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: WHY RONNIE IS UNTOUCHABLE!!
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2006, 12:12:01 PM »
see, here is the problem with your assesment of Dorian's shape:

He no doubt has better shaped abs and calves. That is obvious.

Glutes, no one really cares about.

Triceps, maybe.

But here is the flaw in your arguement:

Those are INDIVIDUAL bodyparts.

What counts is HOW they ALL fit together.  For example, even though Dorian may have an edge in forearm or triceps shape, his arms never, ever looked as good as Ronnies:

the  same can be said about quads.

And, what about whole body taper? The pre-gut Ronnie destroys dorian on the overall body shape.

So, your argument is totally flawed because it does not look at the big picture.

That is why there was such as drastic difference in the pics that I posted:

the difference was because of the sum total of all the parts and how they fit together to create a pleasing effect.

Not because of an edge in a bodypart here or there.

How they all fit together? lol are you kidding me? Dorian blows Ronnie out of the water in reguards to muscle proportion and muscle balance , thats not debateable , and please don't make me laugh trying to say Coleman has a pleasing phsyique , he doesn't and never did , as far as aesthetics are concerned , it was Steve Reeves , Frank Zane , Bob Paris , Shawn Ray , Lee Labrada , Francis Benfatto , Coleman or Yates isn't in that leauge and never will be.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2006, 12:14:06 PM »
You guys crack me up.

I guess its cool your trying to compare bodybuilding greats like Ronnie and Yates, but to say who is better, obvioulsy goodluck!

They both have advantages and disadvantages. Judges thank the heavens for them NOT being in their PRIME at the SAME TIME! Can you IMAGINE!?? Goodluck judging that. It was tough enough with SHawn Ray and Levrone in their prime Vs Yates..Imagine a Coleman? Colmena wasnt really COleman obviously the last year Yates competed.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2006, 12:15:19 PM »
If ND had picked a shot from the 2001 AC where Ronnie was actually Flexing (notice in the shot he posted he is NOT contracting his chest at ALL - it is as smooth as a baby's bottom) Dorian would get crushed..

unfortunately, there are no good shots of an Arnold Classic mm around the web. Above is an arms forward variation from the contest that showcases chest detail and arms like Dorian never, ever had... There are some from the backstage of the Arnold that destroy Dorians like all the other most muscular comparisons do (mm is dorians worst pose because it highlights all of his major flaws in shape and detail) but I can't find them right now.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2006, 12:16:35 PM »
How they all fit together? lol are you kidding me? Dorian blows Ronnie out of the water in reguards to muscle proportion and muscle balance , thats not debateable , and please don't make me laugh trying to say Coleman has a pleasing phsyique , he doesn't and never did , as far as aesthetics are concerned , it was Steve Reeves , Frank Zane , Bob Paris , Shawn Ray , Lee Labrada , Francis Benfatto , Coleman or Yates isn't in that leauge and never will be.

if thats true then why does Dorian get killed in all of these poses from the front?

Its simple: overall shape and detail, not individual parts.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2006, 12:17:21 PM »
You guys crack me up.

I guess its cool your trying to compare bodybuilding greats like Ronnie and Yates, but to say who is better, obvioulsy goodluck!

They both have advantages and disadvantages. Judges thank the heavens for them NOT being in their PRIME at the SAME TIME! Can you IMAGINE!?? Goodluck judging that. It was tough enough with SHawn Ray and Levrone in their prime Vs Yates..Imagine a Coleman? Colmena wasnt really COleman obviously the last year Yates competed.

no, its easy.

I'll show you:

Ronnie would win. ;)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2006, 12:18:40 PM »
If ND had picked a shot from the 2001 AC where Ronnie was actually Flexing (notice in the shot he posted he is NOT contracting his chest at ALL - it is as smooth as a baby's bottom) Dorian would get crushed..

unfortunately, there are no good shots of an Arnold Classic mm around the web. Above is an arms forward variation from the contest that showcases chest detail and arms like Dorian never, ever had... There are some from the backstage of the Arnold that destroy Dorians like all the other most muscular comparisons do (mm is dorians worst pose because it highlights all of his major flaws in shape and detail) but I can't find them right now.

Oh so hes not flexing now? lol how about this one , let me guess hes not flexing either?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2006, 12:27:10 PM »
those last few comparison shots illistrate yet again, that Dorian had mass, size, condition, but did NOT have the muscle shape to go along with it.

ronnie does.

that is why his most muscular and front variation of it look so much better.

Even when dorian was in amazing shape as he was in those shots (1992 O. and the famous B&W shots), it didn't mean shit. 

His arms, chest, and quads were so ugly looking that it didn't matter.

I would love for someone to do a "sillouette" shot of that last comparison, so we can see the difference in arm and quad shape that sets Ronnie in a class far above "The Supreme Ruler of All Overratedness"  Dorian Yates.

dorian had a damn ugly physique for a 6 time Mr. O.

UG-LY!

Look at how much drier Dorian looks. Sorry, but you know this pic shows Ronnie at a much light bodweight than what he competes in now. Nowadays, Ronnie's physique looks like a weird collection of bodyparts, glued together like a frankensteing. He's fuuuuugly! :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GMCtrk

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2006, 12:31:41 PM »
If it wasn't for the injuries Ronnie would have never won the olympia until 03. Dorian would have crushed Ronnie in 98, 275lbs vs. 247lbs game over

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2006, 12:34:35 PM »

umm. that pics still looks better than any Dorian most muscular.

That pic from 95 that you keep posting is nothing more than an impressive calf supporting some undetailed arms and legs!
Flower Boy Ran Away

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2006, 12:36:02 PM »
GMC truck. your from LS2.com arent you? Man what r u doing here, this place is out of your league little boy.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2006, 12:38:10 PM »
  Look at how much drier Dorian looks. Sorry, but you know this pic shows Ronnie at a much light bodweight than what he competes in now. Nowadays, Ronnie's physique looks like a weird collection of bodyparts, glued together like a frankensteing. He's fuuuuugly! :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE
sorry those pics of ronnie and the one of dorian doing a twisting back shot..
no comparision....
not even on the same stage... same building.... same country... same planet...
ronnie... easily and there should be no real argument... bias argument yes... but argument based on dorian besting coleman in that comparison... truthfully..
uh nuh...
choice is an illusion

suckmymuscle

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2006, 12:39:06 PM »
If it wasn't for the injuries Ronnie would have never won the olympia until 03. Dorian would have crushed Ronnie in 98, 275lbs vs. 247lbs game over

Your analysis is clever and incisive. However, if you see pictures from the night show of the 97 O, the 274 lbs, at 2% bodyfat Dorian is still superior to the 287 lbs Ronnie, of the 2003 O. Much greater dryness and density. Also, unlike Coleman, Dorian can actually weight over 270 lbs without losing his mucle balance and looking disformed.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2006, 12:43:26 PM »

umm. that pics still looks better than any Dorian most muscular.

That pic from 95 that you keep posting is nothing more than an impressive calf supporting some undetailed arms and legs!

Yates' mostmuscular  from the 95 Olympia beats Ronnies from the 2001 ASC , Ronnie's mostmuscular from 2003 Olympia beats Yates from the 95 Olympia .

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2006, 12:45:30 PM »
I cant understand why you morons keep on moaning about it:

its pretty obvious that Coleman and Yates have more in common than they differ:

both mass monsters, both good genetics
both have some major flaws:

coleman: weird abs, weird calves, gut
yates: biceps, gut, bit too blocky

For the rest they both have a pretty complete physique. Not nice to look at,
but mass monsters none the least. Cant really understand how you guys keep bickering about who's the best. Is it that important to convince the other guy, or the people here?
$

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2006, 12:46:14 PM »
to be honest, that twisting shot of Ronnie looks like it was later in his career rather than earlier. He might be sucking up his gut, like he is here:

the giveaway is the detail. That twisting shot is detailed, but not as detailed as the pre-gut Ronnie used to be.

also, look at the size of his quads. they are huge.

If anything, I would guess that shot to be from around 2003.
Flower Boy Ran Away

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2006, 12:46:28 PM »
See even what NarcissisticDeity said- Its hopelless, just let it die- They are bothe bodybuilding greats, the best of their times..you cant compare them to see whose better- because they were THAT GREAT.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2006, 01:42:52 PM »
There are other things to take into consideration.  When Dorian was doing his thing, the science behind bodybuilding was still in its infancy.  Steroid info was not anything close to as refined as it is today, and nutrition is much more stringient.  If Dorian was born 10-15 years later and chose the same path, Ronnie would be number 2 right now.  Dorian was way harder, and much more aesthetic than Ron in my opinion.

With better steroid and diet info for dorian it would be no contest.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2006, 02:30:34 PM »
There are other things to take into consideration.  When Dorian was doing his thing, the science behind bodybuilding was still in its infancy.  Steroid info was not anything close to as refined as it is today, and nutrition is much more stringient.  If Dorian was born 10-15 years later and chose the same path, Ronnie would be number 2 right now.  Dorian was way harder, and much more aesthetic than Ron in my opinion.

With better steroid and diet info for dorian it would be no contest.

RETARDED POST ALERT.  DORIAN HAD EVERY DRUG THATS AVAILABLE TODAY.  THERE ARE NO SECRETS THAT HAVE BEEN REVEALED IN THE LAST 10 YEARS THAT WOULD ALLOW DORIAN TO PUT ON MORE MASS YOU IDIOT, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO GENETICS AND RONNIES GENETICS ARE MUCH BETTER THAN DORIANS.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2006, 02:31:40 PM »
those last few comparison shots illistrate yet again, that Dorian had mass, size, condition, but did NOT have the muscle shape to go along with it.

ronnie does.

that is why his most muscular and front variation of it look so much better.

Even when dorian was in amazing shape as he was in those shots (1992 O. and the famous B&W shots), it didn't mean shit. 

His arms, chest, and quads were so ugly looking that it didn't matter.

I would love for someone to do a "sillouette" shot of that last comparison, so we can see the difference in arm and quad shape that sets Ronnie in a class far above "The Supreme Ruler of All Overratedness"  Dorian Yates.

dorian had a damn ugly physique for a 6 time Mr. O.

UG-LY!
HOLY SHIT :o :o :o LOOK HOW BADLY DORIAN IS GETTING OWNED THERE.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2006, 02:35:11 PM »
  You would have inhuman musculariy too, if you became a walking ad for Ciba-Geigy labs, Organon and Searle, besides doing nohing else but sleeping, training and eating. You might never become as inhuman as Ronnie, but you'd still be freakier than 99.99% of all humans.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

This means nothing. All the other guys do the same, so what's your point? He only sleps like 5 hours a night anyway so he spends more time awake than most of us!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2006, 02:36:41 PM »
NUFF SAID

Where was this shot taken? I've never seen it before. It's just rude!

Hey, where's the pic? It was the twisting 3/4 back shot with the funky red carpet.
a

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2006, 02:39:41 PM »
Where was this shot taken? I've never seen it before. It's just rude!

Hey, where's the pic? It was the twisting 3/4 back shot with the funky red carpet.
ONE OF THE GRAND PRIX SHOWS, IM NOT SURE WHICH ONE.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2006, 02:40:37 PM »
ONE OF THE GRAND PRIX SHOWS, IM NOT SURE WHICH ONE.

do you know what year?
Flower Boy Ran Away

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2006, 02:42:31 PM »
do you know what year?
NO CLUE, EITHER 2003 OR 2004.  IM GUESSING 2004.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2006, 04:10:44 PM »
I really think that anyone who thinks Dorian was in shape at 274 lbs contest shape is insane. For one, the famous B&W pics of him in 1992/1993; that is considered to this day the epitome of Dorian Yates.  In those pics, he was 269-270.  If you google some Mr. Olympia pics from 1995, no way in hell Dorian was 274. He was 260 max.  BB's always exaggerate their weight. Honestly, I would be shocked if Ronnie were really 286 to 295 in 2003-2004.  Regardless, I think one thing that is obvious from looking at Yates is that part of his graininess is his awful skin.  I has more bumps and acne than I can shake a stick at.  Look at the three quarter's twisting back shot; his skin is disgusting.  Ronnie, although with plenty of faults, absolutely slaughters Dorian from an aesthetic point of view.  Hell, the only bb near Ronnie's and Yates size with better aesthetics was Haney and he retired when he 31 years old.  Can you imagine if he continued to abuse his body with the crap that Yates and Coleman took; he would have eaten them for lunch.  Regardless, both Yates and Coleman are amazing.  I think Yates from 1992-1993 would have probably taken Coleman 2004 or 2001 based on conditioning. However, Coleman in 2003 and 1999/2000 would have beaten Yates any year.  At their best, they are amazing, but I still feel that true genetic missing link has yet to show up...he will have symmetry and taper of Flex and mass of Yates/Coleman.  That will be a sight to behold.  LOL....my pharmaceutical stocks should rise also.