Author Topic: After having to listen to so much raving and ranting about..  (Read 14038 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: After having to listen to so much raving and ranting about..
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 02:11:13 AM »
4 seasons compared to watching 1 episode and skimming the second, c'mon, there is a big difference there.  After 4 seasons you can definitely express an informed opinion. I believe Breaking Bad didn't really get going until Season 2/3.  The other problem is, he already knows what happens.  The whole shows excitement factor was based on anticipating what was coming next.  Maybe you just had to be onboard from the beginning, kind of like buying a yo-yo now and wondering what all the hype was about it.
Don't you go fucking with my yo-yo, or I may have to cut you! >:(

"I throw things down and roll them up." ;D

But yes, you are right that watching 1.5 episodes might not give a good indication.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 02:11:55 AM »
Great lessons can be found in almost anything. You can learn and grow from even the most violent and decadent acts, maybe even especially from them.  
This show is about programming and control like all media. It has NOTHING to do with "lessons". It was never about lessons.

So we can learn that if desperate with 2 years to live it is ok to cook meth and kill people?  :-\

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 02:12:26 AM »
I make a distinction between people who are just talented with words and people who actually are worth reading.

My favourite is the Life Works of Swami Vivekananda. A man like that is born once every thousand years if that .. it has nothing to do with indian guru type etc .. it's how bright the spirit shines through the man in question .. that's what tickles me. It changes lives.

Also Elisabeth Haich, Stewart Swerdlow, David Icke, and Janet Diane Mourglia Swerdlow are people with something to say.

Ok I can now better see where you are coming from. I'll put Vivekananda on my to read list.  
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 02:15:06 AM »
I make a distinction between people who are just talented with words and people who actually are worth reading.

My favourite is the Life Works of Swami Vivekananda. A man like that is born once every thousand years if that .. it has nothing to do with indian guru type etc .. it's how bright the spirit shines through the man in question .. that's what tickles me. It changes lives.

Also Elisabeth Haich, Stewart Swerdlow, David Icke, and Janet Diane Mourglia Swerdlow are people with something to say.
David Icke, cool  8) I also believe that there are descendants of shape shifting reptilians from the constellation Draco, who walk on two legs and appear human, and who live in tunnels and caverns inside the earth and are called Anunnaki .  Not many people know that the Anunnaki have crossbred with human beings and the breeding lines are chosen for political reasons, here to enslave us all.

Maybe you are onto it after all  ::)
V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 02:17:27 AM »
David Icke, cool  8) I also believe that there are descendants of shape shifting reptilians from the constellation Draco, who walk on two legs and appear human, and who live in tunnels and caverns inside the earth and are called Anunnaki .  Not many people know that the Anunnaki have crossbred with human beings and the breeding lines are chosen for political reasons, here to enslave us all.

Maybe you are onto it after all  ::)
I write and talk about these things. Currently writing a book about true world history.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 02:18:53 AM »
Yes. It is not for me. Nothing on TV or Cinema is for that matter. I think the human race has great potential but we are becoming less than our animal selves.

You don't need to take my opinion seriously. It's just mine.
I sense you are disappointed with the human race, are you in need of spiritual nourishment to heal your wounded soul?  If you are, let me tell you, there is no such thing. You are right, the world is a cruel fucked up place that makes little sense even to the brightest amongst us.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 02:19:52 AM »
I write and talk about these things. Currently writing a book about true world history.
Why do I suddenly feel concerned about your current state of mind !!!
V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 02:21:43 AM »
I sense you are disappointed with the human race, are you in need of spiritual nourishment to heal your wounded soul?  If you are, let me tell you, there is no such thing. You are right, the world is a cruel fucked up place that makes little sense even to the brightest amongst us.
You must be mistaken me my friend. I am not a "wounded soul" nor can a soul be "wounded". I was just pointing out the obvious with zero emotional investment. That's all. I am not here to "debate" "conspiracies".

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 02:22:20 AM »
Why do I suddenly feel concerned about your current state of mind !!!
Beacause you are stupid? Just a wild guess  ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 02:35:03 AM »
You must be mistaken me my friend. I am not a "wounded soul" nor can a soul be "wounded". I was just pointing out the obvious with zero emotional investment. That's all. I am not here to "debate" "conspiracies".
It appears you have displayed somewhat of an emotional investment, hinting at your disapproval of base and violent media that serve no purpose in your mind other than to corrupt further an already corrupted population.  My comment regarding your need for spiritual comfort was based on your stated reverence of Swami Vivekananda, a man who like most revered figures, was propably just as much an arsehole as any man during his life but elevated to supreme status after his passing, probably due to the common mans deep desire for there to be such a thing as the perfect man.  Couple that with your apparent disgust at popular media I figured you were seeking something a little more significant than just catering to your basest desires.  

Anyway, no offense was intended, just a little comical mocking was all.  I mean David icke, seriously, even if i did like the man, I wouldn't state it publicly.  That's just asking to be ridiculed.
V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 02:37:57 AM »
You don't know that the people I listed I have met personally either now or in another lifetime. So I have a different opinion than yours. As I said, I am here to talk about oily men with muscles not Vivekananda. I would recommend him though

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 02:40:23 AM »
It appears you have displayed somewhat of an emotional investment, hinting at your disapproval of base and violent media that serve no purpose in your mind other than to corrupt further an already corrupted population.  My comment regarding your need for spiritual comfort was based on your stated reverence of Swami Vivekananda, a man who like most revered figures, was propably just as much an arsehole as any man during his life but elevated to supreme status after his passing, probably due to the common mans deep desire for there to be such a thing as the perfect man.  Couple that with your apparent disgust at popular media I figured you were seeking something a little more significant than just catering to your basest desires.  

Anyway, no offense was intended, just a little comical mocking was all.  I mean David icke, seriously, even if i did like the man, I wouldn't state it publicly.  That's just asking to be ridiculed.

:D ;D

A

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 02:40:49 AM »
You don't know that the people I listed I have met personally either now or in another lifetime. So I have a different opinion than yours. As I said, I am here to talk about oily men with muscles not Vivekananda. I would recommend him though
Any pics of this Vivekanada? Mandatories only, no towel or grapefruit shit.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 02:42:37 AM »
For Davy boy.  :D

A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2013, 02:44:24 AM »
And what makes you think I haven't met those people in another lifetime?
V

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 02:46:58 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 03:10:24 AM »
From shyster to pop culture arbiter.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 03:20:17 AM »
And what makes you think I haven't met those people in another lifetime?
Typo..I did. not you...Those alive I am aquainted with.

You didn't. You'd know it if you did.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 04:31:22 AM »
This show is about programming and control like all media. It has NOTHING to do with "lessons". It was never about lessons.

So we can learn that if desperate with 2 years to live it is ok to cook meth and kill people?  :-\

That is not the message.   Breaking Bad is a tragedy.  The greatness is in the journey from start to end, from where he ends up, to all the consequences of his actions.   It's a well written story with great acting.  That's it.
Y

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2013, 04:32:39 AM »

So we can learn that if desperate with 2 years to live it is ok to cook meth and kill people?
 :-\

Is that really what you're taking away from the show?  

If so, I can see exactly why you think it's just more programming (no pun intended).  

But no, the show ain't about validating violence simply because someone's desperate.  Not even close.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2013, 04:39:32 AM »
That is not the message.   Breaking Bad is a tragedy.  The greatness is in the journey from start to end, from where he ends up, to all the consequences of his actions.   It's a well written story with great acting.  That's it.

Mr. Ape nailed it.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 04:39:58 AM »
Is that really what you're taking away from the show?  

If so, I can see exactly why you think it's just more programming (no pun intended).  

But no, the show ain't about validating violence simply because someone's desperate.  Not even close.
sorry ... I musta missed the good.message behind cooking meth and killing people

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 05:11:35 AM »
From shyster to pop culture arbiter.

Not only that, but he's so good he can tell how the whole series will turn out after watching the first episode :D

Truly an exceptionally talented man

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2013, 05:11:40 AM »
Wake up .. animals are more civilized to one another than the rpogrammed "role models" you identify with on the screen..

WTF is wrong with humans??

Said the scam artist...

NN

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 05:12:57 AM »
sorry ... I musta missed the good.message behind cooking meth and killing people

LOL.  That's not what I said! :D

Grape Ape gave a great summary of what the show is and what makes it good.  I encourage you to keep watching.  You're not the first intelligent person I've known who saw just a little of the show and blew it off as glorifying meth-cooking, drug dealing and murders.  The more they saw, the more they appreciated what it is.