Author Topic: The perfect physique.  (Read 10734 times)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: The perfect physique.
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2007, 03:29:35 PM »
What year was Bob Paris at his best?

Where the fuck are your ripped DVDs?  >:(

>:(

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2007, 03:42:23 PM »
>:(

From what I can tell, the online bodybuilding DVD market no longer exists.  I went from getting loads of orders each day to literally as many in a week - if that.  I would like to hear from Mitsuru and see if he is even going to be producing them any more.  That is the ultimate result of piracy in a niche market = no more production to begin with.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2007, 04:02:35 PM »
Here's a guy whose name you don't hear around here too often: Roy Callender

Awesome physique. Ironically, when he was competing, he was considered a mass monster. By today's standards, he looks slender.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2007, 04:09:59 PM »
From what I can tell, the online bodybuilding DVD market no longer exists.  I went from getting loads of orders each day to literally as many in a week - if that.  I would like to hear from Mitsuru and see if he is even going to be producing them any more.  That is the ultimate result of piracy in a niche market = no more production to begin with.

That's fine with me. They are all garbage nowadays.

Nothing will top "the Unbelievable"

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2007, 04:14:06 PM »
Note that had this thread been started today it'd have been ruined by the board's natural white supremacists by page 2.  And the fact that I'm annoyed by such is apparently evidence enough for them to assume they "own my mind."  Ron I still say you oughta be ashamed.

Stavios

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2007, 04:20:23 PM »
Here's a guy whose name you don't hear around here too often: Roy Callender

Awesome physique. Ironically, when he was competing, he was considered a mass monster. By today's standards, he looks slender.

his legs are still fucking huge to this day

I see him almost everyday

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2007, 04:32:58 PM »
bb reached a peak from late 80's to late 90's after that it went downhill rapidly, i dont know what drugs were introduced, but they have fucked up bodybuilding from being about physical beauty, pefection, conditioning and symetry to monsterous mass freaks with the repulsive guts, and zero conditioning.

with the exception of ronnie in 2003 mro who i think was the best compromise of mass and condition. dexter also looked outstanding then.

i know insulin was about during those times, as i heard it was heany that was the first or one of the first to use and sell it. i think gh ( the real safe stuff, not the corpse brain stuff) started around early to mid 90's so it wasn't that. so igf???? or just mega mega dosages of all.

either way we need to stop the madness and return to the look of those days.

wheeler in 93, shawn 94 etc etc
175lbs by 31st July

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2007, 05:23:45 PM »
I know the ronnie haters will come out of the woodwork for this post, but even though he is not 'perfect' Ronnie Coleman in his peak form (like these photos show) was pretty damn close:

:o
Flower Boy Ran Away

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »
Note that had this thread been started today it'd have been ruined by the board's natural white supremacists by page 2.  And the fact that I'm annoyed by such is apparently evidence enough for them to assume they "own my mind."  Ron I still say you oughta be ashamed.

What are you talking about Jeff? ???

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2007, 07:16:21 PM »
Yeah Jeff, what's up?  ???

From musclememory:

http://www.musclememory.com/show.php?a=Callendar,+Roy

He competed until age 47!  Makes me think moderate juicing can't be so bad.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
Bob  Paris looked great.  His physique was a great balance of size/proportion/conditioning. 

I think this pic of Serge Nubret is a great pic.  Small waist, proportioned perfectly and he looks HEALTHY.  The GH/Slin monsters of today pale in comparison to this physique, IMO. 

As I read on another board, today's bodybuilders, for the most part, rely on, in order:

1.  Drugs
2.  Diet/Rest
3.  Training

30 years ago, the layout looked like this:

1.  TRAINING
2.  Diet/Rest
3.  Drugs

I think a lot of guys today UNDERTRAIN in exchange for OVER-USING/ABUSING drugs, and the physiques tell the truth.  This IS, however, JUST MY OPINION. 

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2007, 07:27:37 PM »
awesome thread!

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2007, 08:42:08 PM »
Man ,those pictures bring back alot of memories.Those were the guys I read about when I first started. Thanks!!Got to say, I'm a die-hard Dorian fan,esp. the Flex issue black & whites, but I got to honestly say those pics of Coleman are prob the closest to overall perfection I've ever seen.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2007, 08:46:06 PM »
Man ,those pictures bring back alot of memories.Those were the guys I read about when I first started. Thanks!!Got to say, I'm a die-hard Dorian fan,esp. the Flex issue black & whites, but I got to honestly say those pics of Coleman are prob the closest to overall perfection I've ever seen.

we have a wise man here.  :-*
Flower Boy Ran Away

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2007, 08:58:04 PM »
How the hell can Coleman be perfection?  :-\ You aren't even in the top 10 when you have alien abs, a gut, and horrendus calves.

There are many bodybuilders that were far closer to perfection than Coleman (or Yates), including Arnold, Flex, Sergio, etc. They may not have won a bodybuilding contest against Coleman, Haney, or Yates but that is becuase they carried less muscle. That does NOT make them inferior though  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2007, 09:04:16 PM »
here come the haters.. :(
Flower Boy Ran Away

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2007, 09:06:52 PM »
Don't let the GH monsters know this.  They are SLAVES to what they feel they HAVE to do regarding "bodybuilding". 

If someone asks them about training, they have no choice but to reply with....."Do as I say not as I DO".....

Going through life having to live like that, especially after swearing to make a "difference" in bodybuilding is laughable.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »
his legs are still fucking huge to this day

I see him almost everyday

Ask him how much he used to hang from his waist when he did pullups and dips.  Amazing strength.  I remember him saying tome "if I had a nickel for every chinup I have ever done".

Alex23

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2007, 09:19:21 PM »
Don't let the GH monsters know this.  They are SLAVES to what they feel they HAVE to do regarding "bodybuilding". 

If someone asks them about training, they have no choice but to reply with....."Do as I say not as I DO".....

Going through life having to live like that, especially after swearing to make a "difference" in bodybuilding is laughable.

More enslave than you and your little drinking problem  ???

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2007, 09:37:46 PM »
Id say Bob Paris had the perfect physique, or damn near close to it. Perfect lines balance and height.

No such thing as a perfect physique under 6' :P. Much more pleasing to look at too rather than 5'8 260lb fridges.

Perfect physique at:

5'9 - Kevin Levrone
5'10 - Flex Wheeler
5'11 - Ronnie Coleman
6'-6'1 - Bob Paris 

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2007, 09:49:30 PM »
More enslave than you and your little drinking problem  ???

Alex...leg pics...

When hell freezes over they will be posted...