Author Topic: The perfect physique.  (Read 10829 times)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: The perfect physique.
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 11:05:28 AM »
Thanks Crownshep. These photos are fantastic!

robocop

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2005, 11:06:51 AM »
thank you

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2005, 11:09:59 AM »
Plats in that 86 olympia pic loks as though he would be competitive in today Mr O. Id say he could of grabbed a 5th through 8th spot, what you guys say?

He looks so impressive. Its amazing what these guys attained back then, with Dinosaur age type dieting, and drugs.

They look great even by todays standards, imho.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2005, 11:13:55 AM »
Still to this day the best ever atmosphere i`ve experienced at a show.

I agree with you. In general the whole BB atmosphere was vibrant and arguably the most commercially viable form of it. Pretty much all the boys in high school, except the nerds, were weightlifting, new about weightlifting, talked about wieghtlifting, owned weights, got the plastic/sand weights for Christmas/birthdays, etc...Racheal McLish was doing commercials, try doing that with todays Ms. Olympia's contestants. Back then the freak woman was Bev Francis.

Todays bodybuilders are pushing the limits like never before, but I think the bodies look gortesque compared to the guys you have shown here. Great job.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2005, 11:29:41 AM »
This is all good shit.  MIKE CHRISTIAN LOOKED OUTRAGEOUS.  Could someone at least post that 1984 Road to the Olympia online for download? 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2005, 11:57:03 AM »
Send me a pm,listing what you want,and i`ll see if i`ve got them.Remember though i live in the UK,but when i`ve ordered DVDs from the US,they play ok on my computer.
Lee Haney.

Look at that hack squat machine. We have one that ancient in the back of our gym just for the hell of it as well as an old shoulder machine. Im curious to know what weight Haney maxed out on that thing?

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2005, 12:00:05 PM »
I can't get over Mike Christian above.  Do you know how lean and dry you've gotta be to show triceps that look like that?

Ahem...

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2005, 12:04:52 PM »
Ahem...

The connection here is that if I'm not mistaken, Mike Christian helped sponsor Craig for at least his USA run before this one...the one where he threw his trophy after losing, in 95...I think.  I remember Mike Christian putting word out in all the magazines that he wanted to help sponsor an amateur somewhere around the country as his way of "giving back" to the sport.  Next thing you know, he and Craig are thick as thieves before his '95 USA prep, if in fact it was Craig's '96 prep that these Craig Titus 2.0 video shots were taken from...I might have it mixed up.   

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2005, 01:03:50 PM »
wow Haney is hack squatting a massive 45 and a 35 on each side. :o
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2005, 01:15:21 PM »
Ahem...

The connection here is that if I'm not mistaken, Mike Christian helped sponsor Craig for at least his USA run before this one...the one where he threw his trophy after losing, in 95...I think.  I remember Mike Christian putting word out in all the magazines that he wanted to help sponsor an amateur somewhere around the country as his way of "giving back" to the sport.  Next thing you know, he and Craig are thick as thieves before his '95 USA prep, if in fact it was Craig's '96 prep that these Craig Titus 2.0 video shots were taken from...I might have it mixed up.   
Some of the best tri's ever besides Dorian.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2005, 01:16:24 PM »
I've been watching some old Olympia contests / "Battle for the Gold" / "Road to the Olympia" tapes from the 1980s, and it's probably the first time I've ever watched anything related to bodybuilding and actually aspired to look like that myself.  Whether it's attainable or not doesn't even matter, it's just that these guys had a great look.  Samir Bannout, Bob Paris,  Berry DeMey, Rich Gaspari - these guys looked fantastic.  Samir in 1983 was about the closest to perfection that I've seen - at least for a physique that I would take myself.  I know Ronnie has him beat obviously, but that is another standard, and I personally don't want to look like Ronnie even if I could snap my fingers and do it right now.

I got these old tapes from a friend, and I've looked far and wide for these tapes and I don't see them sold anywhere, even EBAY, but if anyone wants a copy I can do a VHS to DVD transfer for them if someone could explain how to go about doing that.   ???

I have the 1982-1984 Olympias which aren't available for sale, and some of the old "Road to the O" tapes.  I guess there isn't enough of a market for them to produce them in mass.

Most perfect physique ever:Lee Labrada, at the 88 O.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NJ BBER

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2005, 01:49:24 PM »
you are correct, christian sponsored craig for the 95 usa (via platinum everywear) but he was trained by ameen alai who he proceeded to dump 2 weeks before the show and go at it alone.  didnt really make a diff since hernon was such a beast in 95 IMO.

Ahem...

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2005, 04:54:27 PM »
I can't get over Mike Christian above.  Do you know how lean and dry you've gotta be to show triceps that look like that?

Ahem...

Ahem...

MONSTER TRICEPS
I am a mini beast

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2005, 04:58:08 PM »
great pictures

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2005, 05:17:19 PM »
  Most perfect physique ever:Lee Labrada, at the 88 O.

TOO SHORT.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2005, 06:05:09 PM »
Other than his height Lee Labrada was the absolute zenith of bodybuilding perfection .

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2005, 06:59:34 PM »
labrada was a midget with a gigantic, gay-looking head.

gaspari was probably the worst 2nd-place at the O ever.

the other guys in those pics were far better. thanks for posting them all crownshep

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2005, 07:08:12 PM »
Most aesthetic, Bobby B's right up there..5'8"

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2005, 07:19:49 PM »
brings back memories (i had all those battle for the O,challengers tapes)
moving over the years i left them at my sisters house in mass
i remember gaspari was super intense and hungry(him and lee haney were actually roomates at one time)

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2005, 11:25:28 PM »
For myself the perfect physique would be Steve Reeves w/the exception that he have an extra 20 more lbs. on him.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2005, 11:36:51 PM »
IMO, the perfect physique would be Arnold in pumping iron, but with bigger quads. Nobody can say Arnold wasn't huge, but he didn't have the look of the guys today. Plus he was tall.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2006, 01:17:45 AM »
I think height is one of the major reasons why people admire Arnold.  He has the money muscles (chest and arms), as well as height (6'2), and a small stomach.  All the rest doesn't matter all that much to most people.
true

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2007, 03:11:43 PM »
Why is it that the oldest thread on getbig in the G&O board only dates back to December, 2005?  ???

Why delete high quality content?  8)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2007, 03:24:48 PM »
The closest thing to perfection was Flex at the 93 ASC. Flawless symmetry, no abdominal distention, not bald, etc.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2007, 03:26:44 PM »
The closest thing to perfection was Flex at the 93 ASC. Flawless symmetry, no abdominal distention, not bald, etc.

What year was Bob Paris at his best?

Where the fuck are your ripped DVDs?  >:(
Bodybuilding Pro.com