Author Topic: Dave Ramsey destroys ObamaCare - Math is Math  (Read 3721 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
Re: Dave Ramsey destroys ObamaCare - Math is Math
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 01:34:24 AM »
Refute the piece or stfu twink.

Only if you ask me nicely, numbskull.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 05:16:09 AM »
Only if you ask me nicely, numbskull.

In other words, you can't refute it.

THREAD OVER!!

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 08:17:06 AM »
In other words, you can't refute it.

THREAD OVER!!

Here's how it works.  Soul Crusher publishes an anti-Obama broadside that he just copies and pastes in a post.  Than he asks for a refutation.  If I produced one,  he would just copy and paste more stuff.  Never offers a rational argument, just name calling, etc.

Now, if he were going to simply argue his case in his post, I would be happy to respond with a counter argument.  But I am not interested in playing the dueling cut and paste game. If you are, then search for "Republican falsehoods about Obamacare", and you'll be all set to play with him yourself.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 08:20:09 AM »
Here's how it works.  Soul Crusher publishes an anti-Obama broadside that he just copies and pastes in a post.  Than he asks for a refutation.  If I produced one,  he would just copy and paste more stuff.  Never offers a rational argument, just name calling, etc.

Now, if he were going to simply argue his case in his post, I would be happy to respond with a counter argument.  But I am not interested in playing the dueling cut and paste game. If you are, then search for "Republican falsehoods about Obamacare", and you'll be all set to play with him yourself.

FAIL

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 08:31:50 AM »
And still no refuting the clip.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 08:35:40 AM »
FAIL

OK.  I'll give you the short version on Ramsey's video.  First, I agree with him about math being math, and I would say that it was probably unnecessary for him to spend so much time on that.  Makes him sound stupid.

When he pointed out that your premiums will not depend on your condition, and cited that as a fatal flaw, he forgot one thing.

The new demographic tables created by actuaries in response to the provisions of the Affordable Healthcare Act build in the costs for people with medical conditions into the rates for everyone.  So there is no fatal flaw.  In fact, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has stated that the financial calculations underpinning the policy changes are well supported.  

So it passes the "math is math" test that so many people, according to Big Dave, don't know about.

Feel better now?  No?  Not surprising.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »
People were promised $2500 rate decrease remember? 

OK.  I'll give you the short version on Ramsey's video.  First, I agree with him about math being math, and I would say that it was probably unnecessary for him to spend so much time on that.  Makes him sound stupid.

When he pointed out that your premiums will not depend on your condition, and cited that as a fatal flaw, he forgot one thing.

The new demographic tables created by actuaries in response to the provisions of the Affordable Healthcare Act build in the costs for people with medical conditions into the rates for everyone.  So there is no fatal flaw.  In fact, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has stated that the financial calculations underpinning the policy changes are well supported.  

So it passes the "math is math" test that so many people, according to Big Dave, don't know about.

Feel better now?  No?  Not surprising.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 11:51:47 AM »
People were promised $2500 rate decrease remember? 

You're right - he said that would happen by the end of his first term - it didn't.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »
FAIL

At least he didnt reply with a copy-paste :-\