Author Topic: Breakfast of Champions!!  (Read 228320 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Breakfast of Champions!!
« Reply #1200 on: November 20, 2013, 01:02:02 PM »
filthy under wear   :D ;D

I see a lot of people responding without clarifying what metaphysics actually means. So let's be clear:
There is a lot of pseudoscientific bullshit that gets labeled as "metaphysics" -- aura reading, psychics, Deepak Chopra, misunderstandings of quantum theory, and so on. Basically, read "metaphysics" and "pseudoscientific explanations that sort of sound like physics."
The word "metaphysics" has been used a lot longer in philosophy, and it means something entirely different here. Depending how you count, Philosophy has a few major branches -- here's two:
Metaphysics -- what is the nature of reality?
Epistemology -- how do you know that?
In this sense, metaphysics is a perfectly valid line of inquiry, but you wouldn't want to entirely dismiss epistemology. I could come up with a very elaborate picture of how the universe might be, but that's usually not all that useful if I don't have a good reason for thinking this is actually true.
Here's an example of where a metaphysical argument might be more satisfying than an epistemological argument: How do we know we're not in The Matrix? And if we are in something like that, how do we know that any of our beliefs are true? After all, if I've lived my whole life as a brain in a vat hooked up to a simulation, I have no way of knowing if I'm even human, or if anything like a human actually exists anywhere in the real world, right?
Epistemology can't say much about this. We can discard certain types of simulations by arguing about the amount of computational power required, or maybe even showing that certain physical properties of the universe are uncomputable -- but how much can we really say about what's computable by a computer we've never seen before, in a reality we've never seen before, with some laws of physics we've never seen before?
On the other hand, there's a sound metaphysical argument that it doesn't matter. When we discovered that everything was made of atoms, it didn't change what we already knew. We once thought wood was an element, but a wooden table is still a wooden table even if the wood is really made of atoms. Nor did all of our atomic theory suddenly stop being true when we discovered that atoms are made of quarks. If we discover that, at some very fundamental level, everything we know of is made up of bits, it wouldn't make it any less real.
So we still can't know, from an epistemological perspective, whether or not we're in The Matrix. But from a metaphysics perspective, we can know that even if we are in The Matrix, very nearly every belief we hold about reality is still as true as it ever was, except maybe very specific beliefs like "I believe I'm not in The Matrix."
So from a philosophical perspective, metaphysics is still a valid line of inquiry. But even philosophical metaphysics can be a waste of time if it's completely ungrounded. And the colloquial definition of metaphysics is even less grounded in reality. I would generally apply epistemology to that -- how do you know I have an aura? "I just feel it" isn't a good enough answer.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #1201 on: November 20, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »
I see a lot of people responding without clarifying what metaphysics actually means. So let's be clear:
There is a lot of pseudoscientific bullshit that gets labeled as "metaphysics" -- aura reading, psychics, Deepak Chopra, misunderstandings of quantum theory, and so on. Basically, read "metaphysics" and "pseudoscientific explanations that sort of sound like physics."
The word "metaphysics" has been used a lot longer in philosophy, and it means something entirely different here. Depending how you count, Philosophy has a few major branches -- here's two:
Metaphysics -- what is the nature of reality?
Epistemology -- how do you know that?
In this sense, metaphysics is a perfectly valid line of inquiry, but you wouldn't want to entirely dismiss epistemology. I could come up with a very elaborate picture of how the universe might be, but that's usually not all that useful if I don't have a good reason for thinking this is actually true.
Here's an example of where a metaphysical argument might be more satisfying than an epistemological argument: How do we know we're not in The Matrix? And if we are in something like that, how do we know that any of our beliefs are true? After all, if I've lived my whole life as a brain in a vat hooked up to a simulation, I have no way of knowing if I'm even human, or if anything like a human actually exists anywhere in the real world, right?
Epistemology can't say much about this. We can discard certain types of simulations by arguing about the amount of computational power required, or maybe even showing that certain physical properties of the universe are uncomputable -- but how much can we really say about what's computable by a computer we've never seen before, in a reality we've never seen before, with some laws of physics we've never seen before?
On the other hand, there's a sound metaphysical argument that it doesn't matter. When we discovered that everything was made of atoms, it didn't change what we already knew. We once thought wood was an element, but a wooden table is still a wooden table even if the wood is really made of atoms. Nor did all of our atomic theory suddenly stop being true when we discovered that atoms are made of quarks. If we discover that, at some very fundamental level, everything we know of is made up of bits, it wouldn't make it any less real.
So we still can't know, from an epistemological perspective, whether or not we're in The Matrix. But from a metaphysics perspective, we can know that even if we are in The Matrix, very nearly every belief we hold about reality is still as true as it ever was, except maybe very specific beliefs like "I believe I'm not in The Matrix."
So from a philosophical perspective, metaphysics is still a valid line of inquiry. But even philosophical metaphysics can be a waste of time if it's completely ungrounded. And the colloquial definition of metaphysics is even less grounded in reality. I would generally apply epistemology to that -- how do you know I have an aura? "I just feel it" isn't a good enough answer.
Meltdown.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1202 on: November 20, 2013, 02:33:27 PM »
Meltdown.

Welcome back in your social environment, bro

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #1203 on: November 20, 2013, 02:36:34 PM »
I dont want see anymore pics of the twink.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #1204 on: November 20, 2013, 02:43:30 PM »
Welcome back in your social environment, bro
I needed my fix of Tbombz and Anabolichalo.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #1205 on: November 20, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »
true adonis and go4it have the exact same face
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #1206 on: November 20, 2013, 04:05:40 PM »
true adonis and go4it have the exact same face

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #1207 on: November 20, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »

TA crushing a guy that hangs out with ugly girls.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1208 on: November 20, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »
TA crushing a guy that hangs out with ugly girls.

TA is the best natural bodybuilder in history!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #1209 on: November 20, 2013, 04:15:08 PM »
Go4it looks great in Adonis hairdo! :D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1210 on: November 20, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »
Go4it looks great in Adonis hairdo! :D

Anyone would look better with the True Adonis Caesar ®.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1211 on: November 20, 2013, 07:31:51 PM »
Anyone would look better with the True Adonis Caesar ®.
marc anthony killed caesar and stole g 4 its traps and delts...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1212 on: November 20, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
marc anthony killed caesar and stole g 4 its traps and delts...

lol

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #1213 on: November 20, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #1214 on: November 20, 2013, 09:38:19 PM »
Hey Broski's ever feel the need to just break out the guns for a night out on the town?? Making it happen!!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1215 on: November 20, 2013, 09:42:20 PM »
Hey Broski's ever feel the need to just break out the guns for a night out on the town?? Making it happen!!

Oh come on now!  How many heterosexual men would wear that shirt!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1216 on: November 20, 2013, 09:47:07 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #1217 on: November 20, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »
Three fags and three ugly girls looks like a great time.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1218 on: November 21, 2013, 05:12:42 AM »
looks like that was stolen out of hulk hogans closet and arms were left there as well...

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #1219 on: November 21, 2013, 05:16:26 AM »

Lol you are entering big ach/bigbobs territory with that outfit.

And stop flexing subtly in every photo.... George is getting upset!  >:(

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1220 on: November 21, 2013, 05:20:55 AM »
looks like that was stolen out of hulk hogans closet and arms were left there as well...

come on bro, you gotta back up your fellow eyetalin-americans ie. gay4it, soul crusher, and a few others

me and Bacon are a part of team Scotch-Irish, right Rodge?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1221 on: November 21, 2013, 05:40:49 AM »
come on bro, you gotta back up your fellow eyetalin-americans ie. gay4it, soul crusher, and a few others

me and Bacon are a part of team Scotch-Irish, right Rodge?
I GOT CHIROFLEX/CALVIN :)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #1222 on: November 21, 2013, 06:02:17 AM »
Go4it .. there must be something else to your persona than a guy who juices but claims natty, lies about diet to stand out and walks around half naked all the time.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #1223 on: November 21, 2013, 06:04:06 AM »

Great arms

Great vest

Great posture :)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #1224 on: November 21, 2013, 06:09:41 AM »
Three fags and three ugly girls looks like a great time.

#5 isn't bad if you're into that sort of thing.