Author Topic: "High-fat dairy consumption ... inversely associated with obesity risk"  (Read 3108 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22810464

The relationship between high-fat dairy consumption and obesity, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease.
Kratz M, Baars T, Guyenet S.

Source
Division of Public Health Sciences, Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue N, Mail Stop M4-B402, Seattle, WA, 98109, USA. mkratz@fhcrc.org

Abstract

PURPOSE:
To comprehensively review the data on the relationship between the consumption of dairy fat and high-fat dairy foods, obesity, and cardiometabolic disease.

METHODS:
We have conducted a systematic literature review of observational studies on the relationship between dairy fat and high-fat dairy foods, obesity, and cardiometabolic disease. We have integrated these findings with data from controlled studies showing effects of several minor dairy fatty acids on adiposity and cardiometabolic risk factors, and data on how bovine feeding practices influence the composition of dairy fat.

RESULTS:
In 11 of 16 studies, high-fat dairy intake was inversely associated with measures of adiposity. Studies examining the relationship between high-fat dairy consumption and metabolic health reported either an inverse or no association. Studies investigating the connection between high-fat dairy intake and diabetes or cardiovascular disease incidence were inconsistent. We discuss factors that may have contributed to the variability between studies, including differences in (1) the potential for residual confounding; (2) the types of high-fat dairy foods consumed; and (3) bovine feeding practices (pasture- vs. grain-based) known to influence the composition of dairy fat.

CONCLUSIONS:
The observational evidence does not support the hypothesis that dairy fat or high-fat dairy foods contribute to obesity or cardiometabolic risk, and suggests that high-fat dairy consumption within typical dietary patterns is inversely associated with obesity risk. Although not conclusive, these findings may provide a rationale for future research into the bioactive properties of dairy fat and the impact of bovine feeding practices on the health effects of dairy fat.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: "High-fat dairy consumption ... inversely associated with obesity risk"
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 01:11:43 PM »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22810464

The relationship between high-fat dairy consumption and obesity, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease.
Kratz M, Baars T, Guyenet S.

Source
Division of Public Health Sciences, Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue N, Mail Stop M4-B402, Seattle, WA, 98109, USA. mkratz@fhcrc.org

Abstract

PURPOSE:
To comprehensively review the data on the relationship between the consumption of dairy fat and high-fat dairy foods, obesity, and cardiometabolic disease.

METHODS:
We have conducted a systematic literature review of observational studies on the relationship between dairy fat and high-fat dairy foods, obesity, and cardiometabolic disease. We have integrated these findings with data from controlled studies showing effects of several minor dairy fatty acids on adiposity and cardiometabolic risk factors, and data on how bovine feeding practices influence the composition of dairy fat.

RESULTS:
In 11 of 16 studies, high-fat dairy intake was inversely associated with measures of adiposity. Studies examining the relationship between high-fat dairy consumption and metabolic health reported either an inverse or no association. Studies investigating the connection between high-fat dairy intake and diabetes or cardiovascular disease incidence were inconsistent. We discuss factors that may have contributed to the variability between studies, including differences in (1) the potential for residual confounding; (2) the types of high-fat dairy foods consumed; and (3) bovine feeding practices (pasture- vs. grain-based) known to influence the composition of dairy fat.

CONCLUSIONS:
The observational evidence does not support the hypothesis that dairy fat or high-fat dairy foods contribute to obesity or cardiometabolic risk, and suggests that high-fat dairy consumption within typical dietary patterns is inversely associated with obesity risk. Although not conclusive, these findings may provide a rationale for future research into the bioactive properties of dairy fat and the impact of bovine feeding practices on the health effects of dairy fat.

This stuff pops up all the time, I wonder what the mechanism is. It appears milk is magic.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 06:47:37 PM »
This stuff pops up all the time, I wonder what the mechanism is. It appears milk is magic.

it's what we were born to drink... straight from the boob

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »

it's what we were born to drink... straight from the boob

We are the only mammals that aren't weened off of milk.  I am pro tit sucking for the record.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 08:26:37 PM »
well, how vaguely termed, another bs study which will predictably claim that carbs are the superior food choice blabla.

they wont tell you that the dairy is only bad with too many carbs.

"risk" what a pathetic term to use.
n

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
Whole milk is preferable to adulterated milk, as in strawberry and chocolate non-fat milk which have added sugars.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 03:10:26 AM »
Whole milk is preferable to adulterated milk, as in strawberry and chocolate non-fat milk which have added sugars.

that shit is not milk

it's coke in milk form

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »

that shit is not milk

it's coke in milk form

And yet it is that "shit" that is served to kids in schools. When I would ask the cook why she didn't order 2% milk or whole milk, she'd say it was because the kids like chocolate milk better. They'd even put it on the crap cereal that the schools serve. And we wonder why childhood obesity and type II diabetes is on the rise.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »
And yet it is that "shit" that is served to kids in schools. When I would ask the cook why she didn't order 2% milk or whole milk, she'd say it was because the kids like chocolate milk better. They'd even put it on the crap cereal that the schools serve. And we wonder why childhood obesity and type II diabetes is on the rise.

i don't wonder my friend...

i don't even have homo milk in my fridge anymore (no homo)... i keep the 5% and the 35% as my staples...

panos32

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 09:23:32 AM »
maybe because dairy products contain some CLA, which somewhat aids the process of fat oxidation?