Author Topic: How did that deal work out?  (Read 4747 times)

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
Re: How did that deal work out?
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
you really thick aren't you

it's right there on the image that I posted

"Congressional Job Approval BY POLITICAL PARTY"

You'll notice that the two other categories are "national adults" and "independents"

You'll also notice this sentence in the same image:

"The big drop in Democrats' approval of Congress most certainly reflects Democrats' negative views of the Republican-controlled House, in which leadership has publicly demanded that the president and Democrats in Congress agree to changes in the Affordable Care Act as a condition for passing a continuing resolution or a budget."

nice self ownage

did you find your shinebox yet ?

Rofl. You cannot be this dumb. That IS NOT what that means and of your serious stay out of political discussions. It means the question is asked about each party individually... Not answered by each party individually. You don't even realize how bad you just self owned yourself. Seriously. I now know your a clown.

Thick Nick 2 Dumbass self owning libtards 0. Where's that other ass Necrodumbass? Lol man you are dumb.

NOW GO GET YOUR SHINEBOX FOR REAL YOU ARE MY BIOTCH FOREVER.
$

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 12:10:17 PM »
Where did you go Nick?

Looking for your shinebox ?

You should keep in handy for future reference

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »
Where did you go Nick?

Looking for your shinebox ?

You should keep in handy for future reference

You just got what the fuck owned again. Now go away you clown. I posted before you did dumbass.

and where's that other idiot?
$

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 12:17:34 PM »
Rofl. You cannot be this dumb. That IS NOT what that means and of your serious stay out of political discussions. It means the question is asked about each party individually... Not answered by each party individually. You don't even realize how bad you just self owned yourself. Seriously. I now know your a clown.

Thick Nick 2 Dumbass self owning libtards 0. Where's that other ass Necrodumbass? Lol man you are dumb.

NOW GO GET YOUR SHINEBOX FOR REAL YOU ARE MY BIOTCH FOREVER.

slight correction but you're still WRONG

This poll is showing EACH PARTIES approval rating of Congress

that's why it starts out with National Adults

National Adults give Congress and 11% approval rating

Dems give Congress a 5% approval rating (for all of Congress)

Repubs give Congress a 15% approval rating (for all Congress)

You seem to think this poll shows that All Voters give Dems a 5% approval rating

Is that what you believe?

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 12:19:20 PM »
slight correction but you're still WRONG

This poll is showing EACH PARTIES approval rating of Congress

that's why it starts out with National Adults

National Adults give Congress and 11% approval rating

Dems give Congress a 5% approval rating (for all of Congress)

Repubs give Congress a 15% approval rating (for all Congress)

You seem to think this poll shows that All Voters give Dems a 5% approval rating

Is that what you believe?

Wrong. You really are dumb and don't even realize how bad you are being owned you need to stop now and realize I got you. Thick Nick 3  you 0. please just stop it's embarrassing.
$

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »

Wrong. You really are dumb and don't even realize how bad you are being own you need to stop now and realize I got you sick and it three you zero please just stop it's embarrassing.

I'm correct

this poll shows approval ratings for Congress by party affiliation

that's why it has a category for All National Adults and also for independents

the poll does not say the Dems have a 5% approval rating and Repubs have a 15% approval rating

Is that what you believe it says?

Yes or No

This is an intelligence test so take your time and think for a moment

I'm going to help you out by reposting the same paragraph that appears right above the poll findings

"The big drop in Democrats' approval of Congress most certainly reflects Democrats' negative views of the Republican-controlled House, in which leadership has publicly demanded that the president and Democrats in Congress agree to changes in the Affordable Care Act as a condition for passing a continuing resolution or a budget."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »
Did you figure it out yet Nick?

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »
No where does it say what you are saying. It says approval rating of congress by party. It doesn't say approval ratings by party. National adults give  congress overall 11%. They then give ratings for each party...overall vs each party individually.
$

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 12:43:58 PM »
No where does it say what you are saying. It says approval rating of congress by party. It doesn't say approval ratings by party. National adults give  congress overall 11%. They then give ratings for each party...overall vs each party individually.

Think McFly

It says National approval BY PARTY

each party is rating congress as a whole

if you think that Dems have a 5% approval rating in congress then you must also think there is a party called "National Adults" that has members in congress and that those members of the "national adult" party have a 11% approval rating

I don't really know how you can't understand this sentence

it's telling you right there that they are specifically talking about THE DEMOCRATS approval OF CONGRESS

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »
The deal sucks.  Doesn't solve the root problem.  Actually makes it worse.  Kicks the can down the road.  Stay tuned for another "crisis" in January.  They should all be fired.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »
The deal sucks.  Doesn't solve the root problem.  Actually makes it worse.  Kicks the can down the road.  Stay tuned for another "crisis" in January.  They should all be fired.

shutting down the government and threatening to default on our debt (which could have actually destabilized the global credit markets) certainly doesn't help the "root problem" ( whatever it is you actually think that is)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 12:59:47 PM »
Nick - you still there ?

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 01:21:29 PM »
Math is not my best subject but here goes:

5.something or other (polls are rounded)
15.5 something or other
=
20.something or other
•\•
= 10.something or other or

Can you follow that. Your saying that is a total coincidence? It's who they asked not who they were asking about? Is that what your saying? And the numbers just magically arched perfectly by coincidink?

Your seeing what you want to see because you can't fathom that people are blaming the dems. I found the poll by listening to national pundits on Sunday talking about it...the paragraph you keep quoting is prolly some other fool in denial. If I'm wrong then so are the Sunday national pundits.
$

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »
Math is not my best subject but here goes:

5.something or other (polls are rounded)
15.5 something or other
=
20.something or other
•\•
= 10.something or other or

Can you follow that. Your saying that is a total coincidence? It's who they asked not who they were asking about? Is that what your saying? And the numbers just magically arched perfectly by coincidink?

do you understand that the poll you posted is NOT about approval ratings of each party in Congress but rather approval rating by each party of Congress as a whole

yes or no?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »
It's a simple  question Nick and there is only one right answer

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013, 01:38:34 PM »
do you understand that the poll you posted is NOT about approval ratings of each party in Congress but rather approval rating by each party of Congress as a whole

yes or no?

Do you? Cause that is exactly what it is... The little line you keep highlighting shows Democrats are pissed off at their own party as well as the republicans. It's not me saying that's what it is... Go YouTube Sunday morning shows... It's what they are saying as well.
$

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2013, 01:42:57 PM »
Do you? Cause that is exactly what it is... The little line you keep highlighting shows Democrats are pissed off at their own party as well as the republicans. It's not me saying that's what it is... Go YouTube Sunday morning shows... It's what they are saying as well.

Yes, I think the poll is exactly what the title says

Congressional Job Approval BY POLITICAL PARTY

so your belief that this polls shows that Dems in Congress have a 5% approval rating and Repubs in Congress have a 15% approval rating is 100% wrong.

You simply misunderstood what this poll was showing and then ran with it

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2013, 03:42:05 PM »
The Republicans were kicking and screaming in an attempt to thwart Obamacare and it backfired on them considerably. Defaulting on our debt obligations and other bills would only make future borrowing costs increase for both government and the private citizenry. If one is wanting to decrease spending, then you have to stop the specific bills that dictate actual spending. This was only just staving off the inevitable, a future default and no changes to bad spending habits.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »
Hey guys, pretty sweet deal you got there, you got a concession that was already in the law. Meanwhile, cost the US 26 billion, upset millions and basically fucked up the economy a little. You won! Ted Cruz is brilliant for not understanding the definition of impossible. Trying to accomplish a futile task while directly inflicting suffering on your fellow man is grade a fucking brilliant!

LMFAO when liberals inflict suffering on their fellow man, its ok but when a republican does you become indignant?

where do you get the $26 Billion number from?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 08:55:32 PM »

Wrong. You really are dumb and don't even realize how bad you are being owned you need to stop now and realize I got you. Thick Nick 3  you 0. please just stop it's embarrassing.

Sorry that you stepped on your dick here, Nick, but you're wrong.  (Unless this is part of a gimmick by which you demonstrate that you are just trying to be mentally "thick" to live up to you nom d' getbig, "Thick Nick" -- In which case you're very clever and I applaud you.)

Anyway, Straw is right; In the table, "Democrats 5%" in the "October 2013 column represents the percentage of Democrats who approve of the job performance of Congress as a whole (i.e., ALL of congress; dems, repubs, and independents) in 2013. 

It should be clear that this is so (even to the thickest of readers) when you notice it shows "National Adults 11%" in the October 2013 column in the same table. -- Not to hard to figure out that this means only 11% of adults in the nation approve of congress' job performance and DOES NOT MEAN that 11% of national adults approve of the job performance of "National Adults".  Clear now? 

Be a man and admit you were wrong.  You can even throw in some excuses about how the table was hard to read on your phone or that right-tards like yourself are at a disadvantage because of the lower IQ or whatever.  Dipshit.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 09:23:46 PM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/sp-cuts-us-growth-view-2013-10#ixzz2hvqUh2s6

Estimates seem to vary but ratings agency Standard & Poor says it's about $24 Billion:
The ratings agency — which recognizes the Senate deal will be approved — says that the shutdown has taken $24 billion out of the economy and cut 0.6% off of yearly fourth quarter GDP growth.

BTW, the senate bill was approved by the house 285 - 144.  Hilarious how fractured the normally lockstep repubs are these days.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2013, 04:22:21 AM »
LMFAO when liberals inflict suffering on their fellow man, its ok but when a republican does you become indignant?

S&P