Author Topic: Ken Patera = GREAT!  (Read 3820 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Ken Patera = GREAT!
« on: October 18, 2013, 11:42:43 AM »
Spent 5 hours with Ken, 2 weeks back. He went to a NJ Wrestling signing, then he came to AOBS where he was honored. (If you don't what AOBS is, go here):

http://www.aobs.cc

(Also be ashamed of yourself if you dont know).

After the dinner, spent 5 hours (10 PM to 3 AM) with big Ken and Bruce Wilhelm (yeah... Him)... Great time!
Ken is full of life, has great stories, has fun, just Laffs, cracks up... Great guy! (Yes, I took this pic and my fat gut is in the way)...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Ken Patera = GREAT!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
I've seen footage of Ken at events/conventions, and he always seems like a cool guy; especially around fans.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 05:35:52 PM »
Patera is awesome.  Very cool you got to hang out. 

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:50:25 AM »
one of my favorite convicts

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 02:43:48 PM »

;D

I joke about him but in all seriousness I would like to meet him. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 03:21:11 PM »
I joke about him but in all seriousness I would like to meet him. 

I know...but, Patera's legacy will forever be overshadowed by the "incident" with him and Saito.

And, it wasn't even anything terrible by any stretch of the imagination; it was just pure hilarity!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 07:52:00 AM »
Spent 5 hours with Ken, 2 weeks back. He went to a NJ Wrestling signing, then he came to AOBS where he was honored. (If you don't what AOBS is, go here):

http://www.aobs.cc

(Also be ashamed of yourself if you dont know).

After the dinner, spent 5 hours (10 PM to 3 AM) with big Ken and Bruce Wilhelm (yeah... Him)... Great time!
Ken is full of life, has great stories, has fun, just Laffs, cracks up... Great guy! (Yes, I took this pic and my fat gut is in the way)...

Thats very cool. He was in Vegas when we were out there in 2010. My whole life I heard my dad tell these stories about how strong he was and how he used to sit with his back to a wall and stopa car with his legs. It was very cool to meet him.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 10:26:22 AM »

I know...but, Patera's legacy will forever be overshadowed by the "incident" with him and Saito.

And, it wasn't even anything terrible by any stretch of the imagination; it was just pure hilarity!!

Which incident is that?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »
Which incident is that?

From Wiki:

On April 6, 1984, Saito and Ken Patera were refused service at a McDonald's restaurant after the restaurant had closed. The two men threw a boulder through the restaurant's window in retaliation. When the police came, Saito and Patera fought with them before being arrested. As a result of the incident, Saito and Patera were convicted of battery of a police officer and sentenced to serve two years in prison.

On November 16, 2012, Ken Patera was on KFAN radio based out of Minneapolis, MN. He stated that this information was not totally true. Ken went down to the Mcdonalds around midnight to get a burger but it was closed. The lights were on because they were shooting a commercial so not only Patera but a young adult thought they were open for business. To the young adults displeasure he threw a rock into the window and Patera was blamed. Masa Saito was never there.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 02:32:15 PM »

From Wiki:

On April 6, 1984, Saito and Ken Patera were refused service at a McDonald's restaurant after the restaurant had closed. The two men threw a boulder through the restaurant's window in retaliation. When the police came, Saito and Patera fought with them before being arrested. As a result of the incident, Saito and Patera were convicted of battery of a police officer and sentenced to serve two years in prison.

On November 16, 2012, Ken Patera was on KFAN radio based out of Minneapolis, MN. He stated that this information was not totally true. Ken went down to the Mcdonalds around midnight to get a burger but it was closed. The lights were on because they were shooting a commercial so not only Patera but a young adult thought they were open for business. To the young adults displeasure he threw a rock into the window and Patera was blamed. Masa Saito was never there.

I never knew the real story.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 04:14:41 PM »

From Wiki:

Not sure if that is accurate.  I thought the issue with the cops took place in their hotel room. That would account for Saito "not being there" but when the cops showed up to the room he and Patera put up a helluva fight. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 04:51:56 PM »
I never knew the real story.

Not sure if that is accurate.  I thought the issue with the cops took place in their hotel room. That would account for Saito "not being there" but when the cops showed up to the room he and Patera put up a helluva fight. 

It's hard to say; there are several different versions that have been told over the years.

I remember when the old man tried exploiting Patera's jail sentence upon his return. He had a whole big comeback planned for Ken with Patera's own Coliseum Home Video in the works. This was all before Ken hurt his biceps.

In fact, Vince came up with an in-ring conference/vignette in which Patera would discuss his plans and choose a manager. Bobby Heenan had a dialogue exchange planned, but Vince shot it down. Heenan wanted to come to the ring meeting with a box of pastries, offer the box to Patera, and say, "Would you like some, 'sticky-buns?'" "Oh...I mean, would you like some sticky-buns?"
 ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »

It's hard to say; there are several different versions that have been told over the years.

I remember when the old man tried exploiting Patera's jail sentence upon his return. He had a whole big comeback planned for Ken with Patera's own Coliseum Home Video in the works. This was all before Ken hurt his biceps.

In fact, Vince came up with an in-ring conference/vignette in which Patera would discuss his plans and choose a manager. Bobby Heenan had a dialogue exchange planned, but Vince shot it down. Heenan wanted to come to the ring meeting with a box of pastries, offer the box to Patera, and say, "Would you like some, 'sticky-buns?'" "Oh...I mean, would you like some sticky-buns?"
 ;D

VKM is such a fruitbooty.  Lol.

I would have brought him some McD's.    ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 05:03:06 PM »
I would have brought him some McD's.    ;D

It would have been HILARIOUS to see Heenan beg off of Patera with a Big Mac!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 05:06:22 PM »

It would have been HILARIOUS to see Heenan beg off of Patera with a Big Mac!!

So I should be writing for Vince?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »
So I should be writing for Vince?

No, you're too good for that job. Only the clueless and brainless now qualify for that gig.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 04:42:42 AM »
Guys - do you really think Patera would be in jail for 2 yrs for just throwing a rock thru a window?? I believe he did fight with cops, assault/battery etc....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 05:34:14 AM »
Guys - do you really think Patera would be in jail for 2 yrs for just throwing a rock thru a window?? I believe he did fight with cops, assault/battery etc....

I've also heard where he or Saito actually punched the police dog!
 :D

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »
was a powerhouse and yet hogan got the best of him in their matches .. . how much could terry bollea squat and deadlift...