Author Topic: Branch Warren's claims in latest MD  (Read 27680 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Re: Branch Warren's claims in latest MD
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006, 09:00:27 AM »
You have a point there..hmm..maybe they are pushing the truth a little bit..

You know how it is though, im sure youve seen guys on gear, they are just stupid strong...lol...well, while they are on it.  ;D

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 09:04:31 AM »
You have a point there..hmm..maybe they are pushing the truth a little bit..

You know how it is though, im sure youve seen guys on gear, they are just stupid strong...lol...well, while they are on it.  ;D
i'll put it to you this way, i used to train at a gym and there was a guy who trained there who totalled 2400lbs. officially on the powerlfts, benched 675 with just a single ply shirt, squatted 1000, and pulled 800 and the heaviest i ever saw him go was 315 on seated militaries for a hard 8 reps.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2006, 09:08:04 AM »
I don't know why bodybuilders are always claiming these huge lifts.Johnny Jacksons assanine claim' when he discussed Ronnie's squatting ,and claiming that he did 815 in just a belt is pure foolishness.The guy put on a suit,belt and wraps and squatted 821 in a powermeet[WPO].You mean to tell me he gets 6 pounds out of wraps and a squat suit?Then that is the single most pathetic carryover I have ever heard of and he should sue Inzer for selling him crap gear.He cant squat 815 in just a belt[or if he did its with his training partner helping him up].He also predicts he will pull 1000 pounds.Here is a guy that has pulled in the low 800s and he is going to pull 1000?Kazmire couldn't do it,Ed Coan couldn't do it,no powerlifter ever has done it[in fact only three have been over 930]but somehow Johnny Jackson is going to put 180 pounds on his best pull.What a load of crap.
Most pro bodybuiders are VERY strong and I'm sure Brach Warren is among the strongest as is Johnny Jackson,but only a fool would believe a guy can military press 400 for twenty reps.In fact,if one could bench 400 for twenty he'd be a very very strong man.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2006, 06:06:23 PM »
does Branch have a site?? i rememberseeing a site for him once on his chest training. it was like branchwarren.com. and thats now a site at all

luc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2006, 07:16:45 PM »
This is one of the biggest b-shits I've heard in my life! I wonder how much would be his 1-REP max, I guess it must be something close to 550. Nobody ever have done something like that on shoulder presses, and if so for sure he was not a bodybuilder.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 07:55:10 PM »
in the Johnnie Jackson and Branch Warren shoulder training article Johnnie claims that he saw Branch shoulder press 405 for 20 reps, what do you think?

HA HA! He doesen't have the miscle structure to press 200! Nasser once claimed that all FLEX photo shoots are fake.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 08:02:11 PM »
yeah...but dont ask the pros, whos  careers that flex photo shots have ended bc of going crazy heavy.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 08:12:15 PM »
yeah...but dont ask the pros, whos  careers that flex photo shots have ended bc of going crazy heavy.

Jean-Pierre Fux? Yeah, he was the exception that proved the rule...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GMCtrk

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2006, 08:16:33 PM »
he did but that was on the smith machine...
jonie jackson made deadliftin 5 plates for 5 reps... on bfto look hard that is for a man who claimes a 800+ dead...
coleman pulled 802 pounds.... 2 weeks out from the 2000 or 2001 O on his the unbelievable dvd.

ronnie in flex did 405 for 1 military press.. freeweight

hmmm
405 for 20 reps is a big claim
specially when you consider he and johnny had a photo shoot trainin chest
and the most branch inclined was 405 for 8...
 ???

first off coleman was five and a half weeks out when he pulled 800 for 2. Also, Johnnie loses a lot of his strength when he cuts down...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2006, 06:37:06 AM »
Branch comes on here every once and a while. why not just ask him directly....

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2006, 07:30:02 AM »
he would never come on this thread because he's lying his ass off about that claim.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2006, 07:37:28 AM »
he would never come on this thread because he's lying his ass off about that claim.

Or someone else lied in his name.

Regardless, about time these ridiculous lifting claims stopped. This is not weight or Power lifting anyway, this is supposed to be bodybuilding. So, why the need for lying?
Lies, damn lies and diets

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2006, 07:38:40 AM »
Or someone else lied in his name.

Regardless, about time these ridiculous lifting claims stopped. This is not weight or Power lifting anyway, this is supposed to be bodybuilding. So, why the need for lying?
i don't know, ask him, he's the one who made the bullshit claim.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2006, 09:57:03 AM »
RONNIE SAID THAT JOHNNIE WAS ONE OF THE STRONGEST BB'R THAT HE WORKED OUT WITH. YES JOHNNIE HIT THAT 800 LB DL AT A MEET. THEY SAY BRANCH IS STRONG AS AN OX TOO. ITS NOT WRITTEN THAT ALL BODYBUILDERS USE THE HIGH REP LOW WEIGHT APPROACH. WHY IS IT HARD TO BELIEVE.
JOHNNIES ON THE BOOKS WITH THAT DEADLIFT
Gonna Beat Em'

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2006, 11:31:42 AM »
first off coleman was five and a half weeks out when he pulled 800 for 2. Also, Johnnie loses a lot of his strength when he cuts down...
im quite sure coleman stated he was 2 weeks out.... from the olympia.... he said it when he did the deadlift... and when he did 200lb for 10 or 12 reps...
choice is an illusion

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2006, 11:44:27 AM »
Branch has claimed 20 reps of 405 on bent over rows, but I haven't read shoulder presses for 20.

I find typos all the time in magazines; plus, people just lie.

MOS

LeePriestLover

• Getbig II
  • ---LPL---
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2006, 01:35:38 PM »
in the Johnnie Jackson and Branch Warren shoulder training article Johnnie claims that he saw Branch shoulder press 405 for 20 reps, what do you think?

I think he has no reason to lie. 

Then again, it's not about the weight you lift.  Right Jay?

LeePriestLover

• Getbig II
  • ---LPL---
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2006, 01:36:31 PM »
yeah maybe, if you watch him and johnnie train on that BFTO 05 preview clip they use very short reps, like quarter reps, but even to support that kind of weight, man, i don't know.

Not quarter reps.  More like 1/2 reps.  Anyone who does full reps with that kind of weight in a dieted down condition will hurt himself.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2006, 01:40:52 PM »
its stupid to think that when dieted down, everyones strength is reduced by the same percentage. Obviously some are going to remain very strong, its their genetics. Jay Cutler seems weak as hell in contest condition, but ronnie is still up there with world class numbers. Come the offseason however everything changes.

Ruhl claims a 545 smith machine military press i believe, what do you think of that? Tom Prince was noted for being able to do 455 for 3-4 reps on the military press. Everyone is different. Now IMO the claims are pure bullshit from Branch, though i hear he is actually as strong as a bull but not as strong as Johnny.

As for the 1000 deadlift, its just my opinion but i think the only man that ever had a chance of breaking it was Mark Henry. He is the strongest man on earth without a doubt, and if he trained for it then nobody would come close to him. But now he has been given his big push in the WWE i doubt we will ever see him in strength competitions ever again.  Bill kazmaier stated that Henry was only at 80% of his best and was still the strongest man in the world. If that is true, thats some very scary shit!
Scouser on Tour

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2006, 01:55:43 PM »
im quite sure coleman stated he was 2 weeks out.... from the olympia.... he said it when he did the deadlift... and when he did 200lb for 10 or 12 reps...

HE WAS 5 AND A HALF WEEKS OUT BUT I DOUBT HE'S THAT MUCH WEAKER 2 WEEKS OUT, ON THE DAY OF THE 98' MR OLYMPIA RONNIE BENCHED 225 72 TIMES, AND COULD HAVE DONE MORE.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2006, 02:52:37 PM »
its stupid to think that when dieted down, everyones strength is reduced by the same percentage. Obviously some are going to remain very strong, its their genetics. Jay Cutler seems weak as hell in contest condition, but ronnie is still up there with world class numbers. Come the offseason however everything changes.

Ruhl claims a 545 smith machine military press i believe, what do you think of that? Tom Prince was noted for being able to do 455 for 3-4 reps on the military press. Everyone is different. Now IMO the claims are pure bullshit from Branch, though i hear he is actually as strong as a bull but not as strong as Johnny.

As for the 1000 deadlift, its just my opinion but i think the only man that ever had a chance of breaking it was Mark Henry. He is the strongest man on earth without a doubt, and if he trained for it then nobody would come close to him. But now he has been given his big push in the WWE i doubt we will ever see him in strength competitions ever again.  Bill kazmaier stated that Henry was only at 80% of his best and was still the strongest man in the world. If that is true, thats some very scary shit!
not the military press, they're talking about the Hammer Strength or Smith machine, if Ruhl tried a 545 BARBELL military they'd be taking him to the hospital, same thing with Tom Prince.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2006, 06:24:34 PM »
Those magazines are purely exaggerating..

Testicular Maldevelopment and its senior publisher usually do.

egoatdoor

• Getbig III
  • A thinking man's bodybuilder
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2006, 06:48:41 PM »
I can't speak for Branch, but in his video " All American Workout The Next Level", Johnnie was doing a bunch of BS high speed, quarter reps on his exercises, so I doubt any of his claims. It was all momentum and even then he was barely moving the bars and dumbbells.

He also cannot count. He repeatedly claims in the video he did 12 reps on exercises, but when you actually count, it was more like 6 or 8.

He's a joke.
Go hard or go home!

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »
I can't speak for Branch, but in his video " All American Workout The Next Level", Johnnie was doing a bunch of BS high speed, quarter reps on his exercises, so I doubt any of his claims. It was all momentum and even then he was barely moving the bars and dumbbells.

He also cannot count. He repeatedly claims in the video he did 12 reps on exercises, but when you actually count, it was more like 6 or 8.

He's a joke.
YOU HAVE TO ADMIT HIS LIFESTYLE VIDEO WAS PRETTY GOOD.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2006, 06:50:53 PM »
he used the worst form i've ever seen on BFTO 04 on his back movements, his barbell rows were the shortest reps i've ever seen and he did them at a million miles an hour, i couldn't believe how loose and sloppy his form was.
Jaejonna rows 125!!