Author Topic: Maintaining sub 7% bodyfat year round  (Read 8163 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Maintaining sub 7% bodyfat year round
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2013, 06:28:30 PM »
8 to 10 is reasonable. I struggle with 10 to 12% off season. I have long times off. 10&33months the last  two off seasons. Hit 18% the last one.
No disrespect but u look to be more than 10% at show time in some of your shows.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »
Off season
Contest very
Hard for me to stay and get real lean.. Size is becoming easier..

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
Off season
Contest very
[/quote You appear to be getting better, but u are still 10% in those contest pics.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
No disrespect but u look to be more than 10% at show time in some of your shows.
I think I was 7-8% in those two contests- 2010. This past year I can't count because I was battling through with what turned out to be an umbillical hernia- made a shambles of my HIIT cardio- couldnt do it as often as I wanted. Left me short. Still gave it a hell of a shot..,

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2013, 07:06:34 PM »
All I know is that once I get through with this diet and get down to 10% I'm not ever getting fat again.
A

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2013, 07:27:42 PM »
All I know is that once I get through with this diet and get down to 10% I'm not ever getting fat again.
BOY DO I FEEL YA ON THIS ONE!  Agreed.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »
All I know is that if you are a natural like I am you shed a lot of muscle along with the fat when you get really lean.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »
I met a guy  he was the leanest dude I ever saw, he wasn't big, but just reasonable  build,
thats incredible
A

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2013, 08:04:25 PM »
All I know is that if you are a natural like I am you shed a lot of muscle along with the fat when you get really lean.

I don't buy it. You do get smaller, but that's from fat not surrounding the muscles. People think fat is present only around the midsection, but it's everywhere on the body.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2013, 03:29:11 AM »
I don't buy it. You do get smaller, but that's from fat not surrounding the muscles. People think fat is present only around the midsection, but it's everywhere on the body.

Huge difference between just very lean and sub-7%. When you try to get down to 5-6% or even stay there for a few months you will lose muscle especially as a natural.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2013, 03:42:54 AM »

yeah its a bitch when you get down under 10% and for some even higher. Nattys gotta take the cut super slow if they want to minimize muscle loss.
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2013, 04:41:37 AM »
Off season
Contest very
All the way a big dude.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2013, 05:19:17 AM »
Huge difference between just very lean and sub-7%. When you try to get down to 5-6% or even stay there for a few months you will lose muscle especially as a natural.

IMO, once you get below 7% you start to hit your essential fats, so, the body responds by catabolizing muscle tissue instead. For a natty, 8% is about as low as you can go year 'round without shrinking. At 10% muscle loss shouldn't be an issue.

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2013, 01:12:29 PM »
IMO, once you get below 7% you start to hit your essential fats, so, the body responds by catabolizing muscle tissue instead. For a natty, 8% is about as low as you can go year 'round without shrinking. At 10% muscle loss shouldn't be an issue.

bullshit and broscience- if it was that hard to lost tissue none of us would be here. cavemen hunted for days on empty stomachs. they werent juiced up, and they werent fat.

they had an incredible activity rate as they were nomadic tribesmen not farmers.

baffles me so many people subscribe to this idiocy of 'going catabolic'. how much muscle will you lose? pounds? i dont think so. MAYBE ounces. maybe. what you will lose is the look and fullness you attribute to muscle when in fact it is nothing but glycogen and water, and some strength associated with that.

do you know how hard it is to lose lean tissue. dont even bring 'starvation mode' into this please. lol :D

your a good poster bro. but lose that mentality. its detrimental to helping you reach your goals.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2013, 02:22:40 PM »
I am sub 0% right now can probably keep it up for 7 days.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2013, 02:29:08 PM »

that's what she said

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2013, 02:29:50 PM »

Flex Wheeler was tigher, much tighter.
a

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2013, 02:30:42 PM »

Did Jim Quinn do the caliper test on you?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2013, 02:32:11 PM »
Flex Wheeler was tigher, much tighter.
Damn it I can never beat that fucker he has the genes on me.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2013, 02:39:48 PM »
Damn it I can never beat that fucker he has the genes on me.

;D   I'm with you there brother.
a

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
Off season
Contest very
thats one big fucking gramp. How old are you?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2013, 04:14:43 PM »
to all the fat fucks out there.

this is the wrong question, a guy whos under electricity all year and somewhat eat rights and know when to lay the fork down and trains every day, how the fuck can one be over 7%?

i tell you how, because they very lazy and undedicated dieters, swines disguised as humans, they only use the protein intake to justify the foods and then fill up the rest on oreas or whatever else their bloated face wishes to have stuffed into itself.

too soft to eat properly?maybe find new hobby?

another reason is, jesus wept, many are afraid to "Lose" muscle.but they dont realize what they lose is all fat and water that they have confused with muscle all the time.

its very easy to tell that such fools never have been shredded to the bones, if you been there, you know how much muscle you carry.if you havent been there, you have no right to talk, in your own fucking best interest, for youre clueless.

when youre 5% shredded, and when youre 10% soft, you carry the same muscle amount.very simple.

again, whos been to nomans land, no fat anymore on the body, only they know how mch size they carry.the rest only has vague clues.

just like some women can cover up their fat celulitis riddles asses and legs with some clothes, its impossible to tell, and then, when the clothes come off, you suddenly find yourself in the horror show.

"galeniko how can you always be so shredded?" .well guess how.when i walk past a mcdonalds, it doesnt act like a magnet on me.
and if i go in there, i go to laugh at the fatsos who line up like pigs,and then i have a diet coke,living the life.
n

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2013, 04:35:12 PM »

this is the wrong question, a guy whos under electricity all year and somewhat eat rights and know when to lay the fork down and trains every day, how the fuck can one be over 7%?

i tell you how, because they very lazy and undedicated dieters, swines disguised as humans, they only use the protein intake to justify the foods and then fill up the rest on oreas or whatever else their bloated face wishes to have stuffed into itself.

another reason is, jesus wept, many are afraid to "Lose" muscle.but they dont realize what they lose is all fat and water that they have confused with muscle all the time.

its very easy to tell that such fools never have been shredded to the bones, if you been there, you know how much muscle you carry.if you havent been there, you have no right to talk, in your own fucking best interest, for youre clueless.

when youre 5% shredded, and when youre 10% soft, you carry the same muscle amount.very simple.

again, whos been to nomans land, no fat anymore on the body, only they know how mch size they carry.the rest only has vague clues.

just like some women can cover up their fat celulitis riddles asses and legs with some clothes, its impossible to tell, and then, when the clothes come off, you suddenly find yourself in the horror show.

"galeniko how can you always be so shredded?" .well guess how.when i walk past a mcdonalds, it doesnt act like a magnet on me.
and if i go in there, i go to laugh at the fatsos who line up like pigs,and then i have a diet coke,living the life.
Welcome back.

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2013, 04:47:53 PM »

this came up today in another thread. nattys are afraid of going 'catabolic' if they stay under 6%. lol if they only knew how hard it was to lose lean tissue. that precious weight they feel they are losing isnt lean tissue. its glycogen and water. they let FEAR (Fuck Everything And Run) stop them from going beyond what they have been told, and have been sold and actually accomplishing their goals.

fuck man the truth needs to get out. glad to see someone else who gets it.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2013, 05:55:47 PM »
this came up today in another thread. nattys are afraid of going 'catabolic' if they stay under 6%. lol if they only knew how hard it was to lose lean tissue. that precious weight they feel they are losing isnt lean tissue. its glycogen and water. they let FEAR (Fuck Everything And Run) stop them from going beyond what they have been told, and have been sold and actually accomplishing their goals.

fuck man the truth needs to get out. glad to see someone else who gets it.
while this is true somewhat, i have objection to make.

deep inside, behind their bloated faces, they know full well how "much" real size they carry.

and they know whats gonna be left after the diet.the thought of that rather unimpressive vision makes them trapped in the fatso mindset.

they all say one day soon, this januray, that sumer, ill be ripped.

despite that never hapening, even if, so they come into shape for a summer and then go back to look like an up and coming sumo wrestling prodigy.

might as well lease a car to impress someone.

i cant believe how ppl with tripple chins and two bloated faces call ppl at 7% anorexic,haha.

7% is a bbuilders off season bodyfat range.if one is fatter than that, hes either newcomer, or should be labeled powerlifter.but without the strenght.lol.

when someone hasnt ever been say 9%, they beter get going, the first time getting there is hell, mentaly and physicaly.

and from there, it only gets worse.the way to total shreddedness requires a litle bit mental insanity.

its called willpower.a simple word, but its much simpler to watch walter white guy  cooking meth on tv while downing oreos with beer.

n