Author Topic: Parent accuses Texas high school football coach of bullying after 91-0 blowout  (Read 1574 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Seems like a real punk move by the parent.  I agree with the coach.  He emptied his bench.  They ran the clock in the second half.  Short of telling his players to take a knee, what else was he supposed to do?  Getting your butt kicked on occasion is a part of team sports. 

We are creating a bunch of sissies in this country.  :-\

Parent accuses Texas high school football coach of bullying after 91-0 blowout game
Published October 22, 2013 / FoxNews.com

The coach of a Texas high school football team has been accused of bullying in a formal complaint after his team beat another school 91-0.

MyFoxDFW.com reports a parent of a player on the Western Hills High School football team claims Aledo High School football coach Tim Buchanan encouraged his players to bully their opponents by running up the score. Buchanan learned of the online complaint against him Saturday, the day after his team beat Western Hills in a 4A matchup.

Buchanan tells MyFoxDFW.com he pulled his starters from the game after the first quarter and even eventually brought in his third-string players, but it was clear the game was going to be a blowout. The clock was also run continuously starting in the third quarter.

In the report, which was released Tuesday, the unnamed parent lists both football teams as victims and the Aledo High School coaching staff as the offenders. The parent claims “everyone in the football stadium” was a witness to Buchanan and his staff’s “unsportsmanlike conduct.”

"We all witnessed bullying firsthand, it is not a pretty sight," the complaint reads according to MyFoxDFW.com. “I did not know what to say on the ride home to explain the behavior of the Aledo coaches for not easing up when the game was in hand.”

Buchanan, whose team is averaging 69.3 points a game and is on its way to a 7-0 record, said he is not sure what else he could have done besides telling his players to take a knee.

"I'm not gonna tell a kid that comes out here and practices six to seven hours a week trying to get ready for football games ‘Hey, you can't score a touchdown if you get in, you're gonna have to take a knee,' cause that may be the only touchdown that kid gets to score in his high school career,” Buchanan told MyFoxDFW.com.

State law requires Aledo's principal to investigate the complaint and prepare a report

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/22/parent-accuses-texas-high-school-football-coach-bullying-after-1-0-blowout-game/

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Pathetic. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
lol good on the coach of the losing team for standing up against this stupidity. The mother should have to pay the district back for this frivolous bullshit

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
I think this parent should have kept her son playing soccer.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I think this parent should have kept her son playing soccer.
hhahahah yes the only sport that can end in a tie!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
hhahahah yes the only sport that can end in a tie!!!

If its 2-0 is that running up the score?

;D