Author Topic: Millions of Americans losing health coverage due to Obamacare  (Read 15677 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Millions of Americans losing health coverage due to Obamacare
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2013, 08:07:50 PM »
Obama Voters Shocked by Obamacare Cancellations, Skyrocketing Rates
Big Government ^ | 11/10/2013 | WYNTON HALL
Posted on November 10, 2013 8:49:04 PM EST by markomalley

With millions of Americans receiving Obamacare-induced health insurance cancellation letters, several of President Barack Obama’s supporters are experiencing sticker shock and expressing regret.

“I was really shocked,” said Colorado Obamacare supporter Cathy Wagner upon receiving her cancellation notice. “All of my hopes were sort of dashed. Oh my gosh, President Obama, this is not what we hoped for, it’s not what we were told.”

Wagner says the same coverage will now cost her and her husband 35% more and that they will have a higher deductible.

“Our premium for next year is going up to over $1,000 a month for two of us and we’re two fairly healthy individuals,” said Wagner.

Wagner is not alone. According to the Colorado Division of Insurance, 250,000 people in Colorado have already lost their health plans in the last few months.

Obama supporters on the West Coast are experiencing similar surprises. In San Francisco, husband and wife Lee Hammack and JoEllen Brothers, who describe themselves as “cradle Democrats,” were alarmed when they received their insurance cancelation notice informing them that their previous $550 monthly premium would now be almost $1,300, their deductible would be higher, they would pay higher hospital costs, and their out-of-pocket maximum would increase.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2013, 11:20:22 PM »
And thats why LANDSLIDE COMING?

STFU loser.   You voted for this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2013, 06:00:27 AM »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/if-you-like-more-competition-between-insurers-you-cant-have-it/article/2538827

More obama lies on thugcare.

Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

NBC: Small Business Owner’s Premiums Increase By 400% Under Obamacare
Washington Free Beacon ^ | 10/29/2013 | staff
Posted on November 11, 2013, 8:09:47 AM EST by tobyhill

NBC’s Lisa Myers profiled several people who are receiving health plan cancellation letters due to Obamacare Tuesday.

For example, George Schwab of North Carolina, said he was “perfectly happy” with his plan from Blue Cross Blue Shield, which also insured his wife for a $228 monthly premium. But this past September, he was surprised to receive a letter saying his policy was no longer available.

The “comparable” plan the insurance company offered him carried a $1,208 monthly premium and a $5,500 deductible. And the best option he’s found on the exchange so far offered a 415 percent jump in premium, to $948 a month.

(Excerpt) Read more at freebeacon.com ...

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2013, 06:01:54 AM »
The idiots losing their plans should have liked them because you can keep your plan if you like it.  
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2013, 01:53:51 PM »
The idiots losing their plans should have liked them because you can keep your plan if oh you like it. 

Apparently not if your plan is one of those that doesn't meet current standards. The carriers are dropping those plans in favor of redesigned ones which are compliant with the required changes that take effect January 1, 2014. Some of those people are losing their plans because they're being cancelled.

These plans are often substandard plans with very high deductibles and poor benefits. Young healthy people buy these plans in order to have some health coverage. They don't expect to actually use them, except in the event of a catastrophic illness.

The fact that insurance premiums are increasing for a lot of folks is because they will have a better plan. Additionally, insurance premiums have outpaced the CPI every year for as long as I can remember. The supplemental plan I have with Regence has done this as well and while the premiums increase the benefits have decreased and their profit margin has gone up. It is the nature of the beast. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2013, 01:56:01 PM »
With the high deductibles in the news plans - most of these people cant even afford to use the insurance.   ObamaSCAM is the biggest hoax ever conjured up 

Apparently not if your plan is one of those that doesn't meet current standards. The carriers are dropping those plans in favor of redesigned ones which are compliant with the required changes that take effect January 1, 2014. Some of those people are losing their plans because they're being cancelled.

These plans are often substandard plans with very high deductibles and poor benefits. Young healthy people buy these plans in order to have some health coverage. They don't expect to actually use them, except in the event of a catastrophic illness.

The fact that insurance premiums are increasing for a lot of folks is because they will have a better plan. Additionally, insurance premiums have outpaced the CPI every year for as long as I can remember. The supplemental plan I have with Regence has done this as well and while the premiums increase the benefits have decreased and their profit margin has gone up. It is the nature of the beast. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2013, 02:00:24 PM »
With the high deductibles in the news plans - most of these people cant even afford to use the insurance.   ObamaSCAM is the biggest hoax ever conjured up 

The way to end this crap is with single payer health insurance as if found on other developed countries.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2013, 02:02:36 PM »
The way to end this crap is with single payer health insurance as if found on other developed countries.

I saw a graphic today that showed zero people have signed up in Oregon.  Why do you think nobody has signed up? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
I saw a graphic today that showed zero people have signed up in Oregon.  Why do you think nobody has signed up? 

I haven't seen the graft. What I do know is that the website isn't working correctly and that governor Kitzhaber stated people should sign up using written forms as soon as possible so that they can be processed before January 1, 2014. It seems possible the graft is referring to the website sign-up. There are a lot of people on the Oregon Health Plan, which has been in existence since 1993.

This is what is posted on the Oregon Health Plan website:

You can apply now for Oregon Health Plan (OHP) coverage that starts January 1, 2014. Cover Oregon is the one-stop shop for people applying for health coverage in Oregon, including those applying for OHP.

But there is another option for people, and it’s one we want to make sure everyone knows about.

It’s called “fast-track” enrollment.

Fast-track enrollment is an easier way for qualified Oregonians to enroll in OHP. People who are eligible for fast-track enrollment do not need to apply through Cover Oregon or through any other means. All they have to do is send back a completed “fast-track” form to enroll.

Fast-track enrollment is available to resident Oregonians who:

1. Meet the qualifications for the Oregon Health Plan
2. Are either enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or have children enrolled in Healthy Kids/OHP

About 260,000 Oregonians qualify for fast-track enrollment.  We began mailing fast-track enrollment forms to people who met the qualifications on Sept. 26, 2013.

Some SNAP recipients or parents of Healthy Kids will not qualify for fast-track enrollment. That’s because their income exceeds the limit for the Oregon Health Plan. They will not receive a fast-track letter. But through Cover Oregon, there will be financial assistance available to help them buy coverage on the commercial market.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: November 11, 2013, 04:48:06 PM »
I haven't seen the graft. What I do know is that the website isn't working correctly and that governor Kitzhaber stated people should sign up using written forms as soon as possible so that they can be processed before January 1, 2014. It seems possible the graft is referring to the website sign-up. There are a lot of people on the Oregon Health Plan, which has been in existence since 1993.

This is what is posted on the Oregon Health Plan website:

This article says they have yet to enroll a single person in Oregon.  Just wondering why people in Oregon wouldn't be interested. 

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/11/11/oregon-health-care-exchange-has-yet-to-enroll-a-single-person/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »
This article says they have yet to enroll a single person in Oregon.  Just wondering why people in Oregon wouldn't be interested. 

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/11/11/oregon-health-care-exchange-has-yet-to-enroll-a-single-person/

Here is a quote from the article you linked: "The online system still doesn’t work, and the exchange has yet to enroll a single person in health insurance."

What you might be missing is that people can shop for health insurance on their own unless they are expecting tax credits which are available to people/families in the lower income levels. In order to get these tax credits, as I understand it, one must use the website exchange to find medical coverage and as part of signing up they can fill out the information needed to apply for the credits. Keep in mind that people already on public assistance or with very low incomes are probably already covered by the Oregon Health Plan. This leaves a fairly narrow group of people who would be interested in signing up. At present, those people are encouraged to sign up using paper forms and not by using the website since it is broken. Oregon has hired a bunch of staff to deal with the paper signups. It remains to be seen what will happen when it comes to the tax credits.

From my perspective, my wife and I make too much money to qualify for Obamacare. Furthermore, we are both already on Medicare and purchase supplemental insurance to cover some of what Medicare does not. As for tax credits, because my wife has a lot of health issues, and because we pay healthcare coverage premiums for fairly expensive supplemental health insurance, I was able to take a $8,000 medical deduction when I filed my taxes last year, which was up about $1,000. from the year before and will likely be even higher this year.

I think there is a lot of misunderstandings about who actually qualifies for or even needs Obamacare. According to the media, many young healthy people who previously carried healthcare insurance that was subpar will need to find new coverage which meets the new standards prior to January 1, 2014 or simply go without medical coverage. No doubt some people who aren't healthy will chose to go without insurance as opposed to paying higher premiums for more coverage. Clearly Obamacare isn't going as planned at this point.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: November 11, 2013, 05:57:39 PM »
Here is a quote from the article you linked: "The online system still doesn’t work, and the exchange has yet to enroll a single person in health insurance."

What you might be missing is that people can shop for health insurance on their own unless they are expecting tax credits which are available to people/families in the lower income levels. In order to get these tax credits, as I understand it, one must use the website exchange to find medical coverage and as part of signing up they can fill out the information needed to apply for the credits. Keep in mind that people already on public assistance or with very low incomes are probably already covered by the Oregon Health Plan. This leaves a fairly narrow group of people who would be interested in signing up. At present, those people are encouraged to sign up using paper forms and not by using the website since it is broken. Oregon has hired a bunch of staff to deal with the paper signups. It remains to be seen what will happen when it comes to the tax credits.

From my perspective, my wife and I make too much money to qualify for Obamacare. Furthermore, we are both already on Medicare and purchase supplemental insurance to cover some of what Medicare does not. As for tax credits, because my wife has a lot of health issues, and because we pay healthcare coverage premiums for fairly expensive supplemental health insurance, I was able to take a $8,000 medical deduction when I filed my taxes last year, which was up about $1,000. from the year before and will likely be even higher this year.

I think there is a lot of misunderstandings about who actually qualifies for or even needs Obamacare. According to the media, many young healthy people who previously carried healthcare insurance that was subpar will need to find new coverage which meets the new standards prior to January 1, 2014 or simply go without medical coverage. No doubt some people who aren't healthy will chose to go without insurance as opposed to paying higher premiums for more coverage. Clearly Obamacare isn't going as planned at this point.

Thanks for the explanation.  Sounds like a combination of the website and lack of need/interest. 

I keep hearing that the feds need a lot of young people to sign up, or the system will not work. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: November 11, 2013, 06:07:21 PM »
CBS: Just 50,000 Have Enrolled Through the Federal Exchange ( Note: 3.5M+ have lost insurance! )
breitbart.com ^ | 11-11-13 | Sexton
Posted on November 11, 2013 8:56:47 PM EST by NoLibZone

CBS and the Wall Street Journal report that roughly 50,000 have signed up using the federal exchange which covers enrollment in 36 states. That's in addition to the 49,100 which Reuters reports have signed up in 12 states with their own individual exchange websites.

The official numbers for the federal site will be released sometime this week by the Department of Health and Human Services. If the new estimates are accurate, the numbers reported by CBS, the WSJ and Reuters demonstrate that the administration is far behind expected enrollment numbers.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2013, 01:33:56 PM »
Obamacare Cancels Coverage for 66,000 Tennesseans

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:08 PM | Chris Chaney

State's largest insurer can't afford Obamacare's new mandates

With the botched Obamacare rollout going down in flames, headlines like this one have become the new normal. As with most promises liberals make, the very opposite comes true. Unfortunately for millions of Americans—66,000 in Tennessee—this means they cannot keep their health insurance plan, even if they like it.

Of course the insurance company is avoiding the word “cancelled,” and simply telling policy holders they must choose a new plan. But this wasn’t the President’s promise. 66,000 policy holders in Tennessee did not expect to be forced to change plans. They were told they could keep their plans, period. And what makes this recent phenomenon of Obamacare induced massed cancellation even worse, is that the White House knew it was coming.

Why is this happening? Obamacare mandates that insurance plans provide minimum standards of coverage for ten different categories. Among these is maternity care; that means that every policy—even those held by men—must cover maternity care. Put differently, it is illegal for an insurance company to offer a plan to a single adult male that does not provide maternity care. Only Big Government bureaucrats could devise such a ridiculous plan. Kathleen Sebelius was pressed on this issue during a hearing, but had little to say.

Website failures, embarrassingly low enrollment figures, and cancelled plans are only the tip of the iceberg of Obamacare’s wave of destruction. Just wait until all the 20 new or higher taxes kick-in, and the employer mandate takes effect. Layoffs will increase, and the economy will suffer; to top it all off, premiums will increases for families all across America.

Maybe now, Americans will finally realize, once and for all, that big government doesn’t work. Bureaucrats don’t know best, healthcare cannot be centrally planned from Washington. It’s time for real health care reform. Reform that focuses on restoring and strengthening the doctor-patient relationship; real reform requires less bureaucrats, not more. Let’s get government out of the healthcare business.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2013, 08:52:40 PM »
Obamacare Cancels Coverage for 66,000 Tennesseans

Maybe now, Americans will finally realize, once and for all, that big government doesn’t work. Bureaucrats don’t know best, healthcare cannot be centrally planned from Washington. It’s time for real health care reform. Reform that focuses on restoring and strengthening the doctor-patient relationship; real reform requires less bureaucrats, not more. Let’s get government out of the healthcare business.

It is the health insurance companies that are cancelling the plans rather than simply rewriting them to conform to the new standards outlined in Obamacare.

As for maternity care, all group health insurance plans charge the same rates regardless of whether one is male or female. It is what is known in the industry as pooling the risk. The larger the pool the greater the spread of the risk and the more it saves people on premium costs.

Maybe now Americans will realize how powerful the (for huge profits) healthcare insurance industry actually is.

How is it that all other developed countries with the exception of the U.S. have healthcare coverage for all and at low cost? This is the question folks should be asking.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2013, 11:03:59 AM »
50k signed up for crapcare. 5 million (and counting) have had their health coverage cancelled.

The debate is over. Finito.

Obama is the WORST president ever. The stupidest president ever. The most incompetent president ever elected.

The fact that this idiot was re-elected speaks volumes of the slave to entitlement mentality pervading our nation and the havoc caused by low information voters. It also proves that the GOP can never win with RINOS or moderates as candidates. We need a conservative. Don't listen to the libtards that keep mentioning Christie. He is a RINO and that is why the liberal media want him. They claim that Christie can win, but once it's between him and the Democrat nominee for the White House, the media will turn on him. It always happens.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V