Author Topic: Leftist dolts wants you to believe economy is great, yet 49.2% on Gov't benefits  (Read 1398 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
(CNSNews.com) - In the fourth quarter of 2011, 49.2 percent of Americans received benefits from one or more government programs, according to data released Tuesday by the Census Bureau.

In total, the Census Bureau estimated, 151,014,000 Americans out of a population then estimated to be 306,804,000 received benefits from one or more government programs during the last three months of 2011. Those 151,014,000 beneficiaries equaled 49.2 percent of the population.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/census-49-americans-get-gov-t-benefits-82m-households-medicaid

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

Necrosis

• Getbig V
This article is beyond bad, it has programs that are paid into as an entitlement, then combines the data into a single number that doesn't reflect anything contained within. This is pure garbage.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
This article is beyond bad, it has programs that are paid into as an entitlement, then combines the data into a single number that doesn't reflect anything contained within. This is pure garbage.

Please don't shatter retardarios delusions with facts and logic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
(CNSNews.com) - In the fourth quarter of 2011, 49.2 percent of Americans received benefits from one or more government programs, according to data released Tuesday by the Census Bureau.

In total, the Census Bureau estimated, 151,014,000 Americans out of a population then estimated to be 306,804,000 received benefits from one or more government programs during the last three months of 2011. Those 151,014,000 beneficiaries equaled 49.2 percent of the population.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/census-49-americans-get-gov-t-benefits-82m-households-medicaid

This is why Romney had little chance - the parasites in this country

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
UGH.   Fcking Ugh.

listen up people - 33, this means you too...

cut welfare, that's fine, but SOCIAL SECURITY?  That is THEIR MONEY.  They paid that.  It's NOT an entitlement when you receive back money that was TAKEN FROM YOU.  Dude didn't want to pay social security for 40 years, but he did... and now the govt is kind enough to trickly a small % of it back to him, just a little bit each month...

and you're shitting on him for taking back some of HIS money?   WTF?

SS is NOT entitlements... its YOUR MONEY and you're just getting it back.  Yes, welfare, food stamps, those are certainly entitlements and I'm fine with slashing 90% of them.  WAY too much abuse there.  But the social security was TAKEN from these people, and now they want it back and they're a leech for wanting THEIR OWN MONEY back?

Fcks sake, man.  This article is horrible for classifying social security with the leeches.  Horrible.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
If you paid in 10k and collect out 200k in benes - that is welfare

UGH.   Fcking Ugh.

cut welfare, that's fine, but SOCIAL SECURITY?  That is THEIR MONEY.  They paid that.  It's NOT an entitlement when you receive back money that was TAKEN FROM YOU.  Dude didn't want to pay social security for 40 years, but he did... and now the govt is kind enough to trickly a small % of it back to him, just a little bit each month...

SS is NOT entitlements... its YOUR MONEY and you're just getting it back.  Yes, welfare, food stamps, those are certainly entitlements and I'm fine with slashing 90% of them.  WAY too much abuse there.  But the social security was TAKEN from these people, and now they want it back and they're a leech for wanting THEIR OWN MONEY back?

Fcks sake, man.  This article is horrible for classifying social security with the leeches.  Horrible.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
If you paid in 10k and collect out 200k in benes - that is welfare

then you go and change out the fcking percentages, and limit the output to match the input.

Change it.  But don't tell the dude that paid $350k over 40 years, that he is a punk b*tch leech for wanting $800 a month of it back, because he's 72 and shitting in a diaper and can't work now. 

Modify the system, limit it, that's fine... but you can't punk these elderly people that PAID, just for wanting their own cash back.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Please don't shatter retardarios delusions with facts and logic.

Here is fact for you, fagster.

There are more people now on welfare than ever before.

Do you contend that, lurkerfag?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
UGH.   Fcking Ugh.

I'm for social security and Medicare but the fact remains that what most people put into the system is far less than they receive in benefits.   It's not a dollar for dollar match and it was never intended to be.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Exactly what the president wanted.  What else can you expect when the federal government actually runs commercials inviting people to get on government assistance? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I'm for social security and Medicare but the fact remains that what most people put into the system is far less than they receive in benefits.   It's not a dollar for dollar match and it was never intended to be.

then limit the payouts to be what is paid in, then cut them off.

But to tell an old man "you paid it, but we're not giving it to you, cause you're a deadeat" - bullshit, totally.

Everytime I hear someone call SS an 'entitlement', I want to punch that person... cause it's THEIR money.  Yes, change the law so you are capped at what you paid in, I'm fine with that.  But to tell someone they have to give you $400k over their working life, then to call them a piece of shit when they're suddenly 69 years old, health failing, and cannot work... well, fuccck anyone who doesn't want people to get their own $ back.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
then limit the payouts to be what is paid in, then cut them off.

But to tell an old man "you paid it, but we're not giving it to you, cause you're a deadeat" - bullshit, totally.

Everytime I hear someone call SS an 'entitlement', I want to punch that person... cause it's THEIR money.  Yes, change the law so you are capped at what you paid in, I'm fine with that.  But to tell someone they have to give you $400k over their working life, then to call them a piece of shit when they're suddenly 69 years old, health failing, and cannot work... well, fuccck anyone who doesn't want people to get their own $ back.

The answer largely depends on when you retire and how much you've earned over your lifetime. Consider a single man who earns the average wage throughout his career ($43,100 in 2010 dollars), works every year from age 22 to 64, and then retires at age 65 in 2010. Over his lifetime he has paid $345,000 into the system. But he is likely to get back $72,000 more than that, or $417,000 in Social Security and Medicare payouts, according to recent Urban Institute calculations. A single women with the same work and tax history will come out even further ahead due to her longer life expectancy, likely netting $464,000 in lifetime benefits, which is $192,000 more than she paid into the system. These amounts are in constant 2010 dollars and assume a 2 percent real interest rate.

Medicare benefits are the main reason most workers are coming out ahead. A male earning the average wage throughout his working life who retires in 2010 paid $55,000 into the Medicare trust fund, but is likely to receive $161,000 worth of Medicare benefits, the Urban Institute found. In contrast, he pays $290,000 in Social Security taxes throughout his career and collects $256,000 in retirement payments.

Married couples generally benefit the most from Social Security and Medicare payments, especially when one spouse earns significantly more than the other. A two-earner couple with one spouse earning the average wage each year ($43,100 in 2010) and the other spouse earning 45 percent of the average wage annually ($19,400 in 2010) who both retire in 2010 will get back $300,000 more in retirement benefits than they paid into the system. A couple with this earnings history would pay $500,000 in taxes over their lifetime, but get back $800,000 in benefits.

When both members of the couple earn the same average wage over their working life, they get back $192,000 more than their tax contributions. In this case the spouses paid $690,000 in Social Security and Medicare taxes and are likely to get $882,000 worth of benefits in retirement.

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/planning-to-retire/2011/01/06/will-you-get-back-your-social-security-taxes-in-retirement
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V

I wonder why? hmm population is bigger then ever, mixed with the great recession and bingo bango.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I wonder why? hmm population is bigger then ever, mixed with the great recession and bingo bango.
the majority of welfare recipients are single mothers with 2+ kids under 30 and with at most a high school diploma if even that...

the recession and population increase has not effected these irresponsible ppl

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Paid in+ interest= over 45 years.., give me the cash instead so I could invest  in Genetech, Microsoft, Apple and Google..

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Paid in+ interest= over 45 years.., give me the cash instead so I could invest  in Genetech, Microsoft, Apple and Google..

I would take that deal in a heart beat.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
the majority of welfare recipients are single mothers with 2+ kids under 30 and with at most a high school diploma if even that...

the recession and population increase has not effected these irresponsible ppl

Oh, population increase wouldn't proportionately increase those on food stamps?

The recession that caused massive job loss wouldn't increase the number of those seeking assistance?

apparently effort is the only factor that can change employment and entitlement

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Oh, population increase wouldn't proportionately increase those on food stamps?

The recession that caused massive job loss wouldn't increase the number of those seeking assistance?

apparently effort is the only factor that can change employment and entitlement
lol yes the recession is what has caused ppl to stop going to high school/college, the recession is what has caused ppl on welfare to continue to have children. the recession has stopped marriages.

quit trolling now moron

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Paid in+ interest= over 45 years.., give me the cash instead so I could invest  in Genetech, Microsoft, Apple and Google..

it makes sense on paper, and on a MICRO level... But think about what would have happened if, in 2000, some 1/3 of the elderly LOST EVERYTHING in the dotcom crash.  That means we suddenly have what, 20 million people who are helpless and weak INSTANTLY BROKE.

If we think "paying back" people for 30 years of their labor is bad, we should consider the costs of a society where we regularly have millions of elderly people going broke EVERY YEAR because they choose bad stocks.  It's gonna happen.  Even in a completely fair market (and many consider ours to be rigged and shady as fck), there will be millions that lose everything, every years.

THAT Is why (to my knowledge) most societies don't allow for the privitization of social security - cause the cost of society -  disease, crime, people on the streets - that will result from annual losses is just too much to handle.  Costs more to deal with that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
it's easy to just say "fck em, it's their problem", and in an ideal world, that'd be the case. 

However, what happens when your next door neighbor loses everything?  You know, the vet with rifles, training, and a wife that needs her cancer meds?  Will he just sit home and let them starve and die because, well, he played the game and lost?  Or will he pick up his gun and go hurt hi neighbors because, well, people do some crazy shit when they lose everything.  Do we really wanna go grocery shopping in a world where 10% of the elderly population loses everything, every year?  I mean, it's easy to just say "screw em!" but when disease starts, property values drop, crime skyrockets, and we suddenly have old senile uncle elmer at our door crying he needs a place to live lol...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

I "contend" that you must be one of them.  Lord knows that lacking any thing that half way resembles a high school education, the only way you are getting through life above poverty is by the good graces of others and handouts.  But since you "contend" that there are more people on welfare than ever before, I guess those conservative red states are doing worse than they let on.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I "contend" that you must be one of them.  Lord knows that lacking any that half way resembles a high school education, the only way you are getting through life above poverty is by the good graces of others and handouts.  But since you "contend" that there are more people on welfare than ever before, I guess those conservative red states are doing worse than they let on.

Those within the red states receiving the most benefits aren't conservative voters.  This has been debunk over and over again. Yet, the talking point keeps rearing its head because it sounds good and the left likes to rub it in.  None of them actually look at the numbers within the red states.
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Those within the red states receiving the most benefits aren't conservative voters.  This has been debunk over and over again. Yet, the talking point keeps rearing its head because it sounds good and the left likes to rub it in.  None of them actually look at the numbers within the red states.

Hush now... we are "contending" things remember?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Hush now... we are "contending" things remember?
hahaha