Author Topic: John Stewart Slams the Tea Party and Republican Hypocrisy  (Read 1597 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
John Stewart Slams the Tea Party and Republican Hypocrisy
« on: October 24, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »
I know all our right wingers on this board have a new found love for John Stewart so I'm sure you'll get a laugh out him pointing out the craven hypocrisy of the Republican Party

Enjoy:

www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-22-2013/extreme-takeover--tea-party-edition

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-22-2013/extreme-takeover--tea-party-edition---the-tea-party-vs--karl-rove

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: John Stewart Slams the Tea Party and Republican Hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 09:50:34 AM »
I know all our right wingers on this board have a new found love for John Stewart so I'm sure you'll get a laugh out him pointing out the craven hypocrisy of the Republican Party

Enjoy:

www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-22-2013/extreme-takeover--tea-party-edition

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-22-2013/extreme-takeover--tea-party-edition---the-tea-party-vs--karl-rove

He was a misguided lib on this date.

But when he was trashing obamacare, he was a fair and balanced brilliant dude with astute points that really connected with us.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:16:07 AM »
He was a misguided lib on this date.

But when he was trashing obamacare, he was a fair and balanced brilliant dude with astute points that really connected with us.

I'm sure no right wingers are responding because they are all too busy watching the clips over and over an laughing about how ridiculous the Repubs are and how fun it is to watch them try to deny ownership of the monsters they created while musing how they are going to fix the problem

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:35 AM »
He's a freaking comedian! He's going to use whatever will give him fodder for laughs..its not a serious political show. Why is this so hard to understand?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 10:21:18 AM »
as long as repubs have the "evil leftist media" as the boogeyman, they never have to admit they're losing elections because they don't know if they're tea party or RINOs.  

Don't bitch about your lack of a cohesive party platform... instead, bitch about a network that nobody watches.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 10:22:34 AM »
He's a freaking comedian! He's going to use whatever will give him fodder for laughs..its not a serious political show. Why is this so hard to understand?

he's definitely a comedian but if you don't think he can make serious political commentary or have serious political interviews you're either grossly misinformed or just choosing to remain ignorant

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 11:09:54 AM »
as long as repubs have the "evil leftist media" as the boogeyman, they never have to admit they're losing elections because they don't know if they're tea party or RINOs.  

Don't bitch about your lack of a cohesive party platform... instead, bitch about a network that nobody watches.

It is sad to watch your posts decline steadily in quality.

Of course the repub party is in a civil war right now, and obviously that is a problem. But if you are going to deny that the vast majority of the MSM strongly favors liberal agendas, and has for a long, long time,  or suggest that Fox somehow all by itself can outweigh ALL THE REST OF THE MSM COMBINED just because their ratings are better than any one single liberal news channel, then it is you who is extremely delusional

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »

Of course the repub party is in a civil war right now, and obviously that is a problem. But if you are going to deny that the vast majority of the MSM strongly favors liberal agendas, and has for a long, long time,  or suggest that Fox somehow all by itself can outweigh ALL THE REST OF THE MSM COMBINED just because their ratings are better than any one single liberal news channel, then it is you who is extremely delusional
john strawman believes nancy pelosi is a sane and good politician...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 05:03:17 AM »

Its a lot more serious and useful than FOX.

FOX pretends to be serious and flat out lies.

Stewart doesnt pretend to be serious but tells the truth.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 05:15:05 AM »
john strawman believes nancy pelosi is a sane and good politician...

Half agree.

Pelosi is batshit crazy.  Fo sho.  BUT she's a VERY good politician - those who are power hungry, morally corrpt and a little nutty usually are the best ones.  You have the ron paul exceptions, who get a little time in the sun after 50 years of living right, but 99% of the time, it's the crazy ones like Pelosi that move on up the ranks.

So yeah, she's a great politician.  He's half right.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 05:19:54 AM »
Half agree.

Pelosi is batshit crazy.  Fo sho.  BUT she's a VERY good politician - those who are power hungry, morally corrpt and a little nutty usually are the best ones.  You have the ron paul exceptions, who get a little time in the sun after 50 years of living right, but 99% of the time, it's the crazy ones like Pelosi that move on up the ranks.

So yeah, she's a great politician.  He's half right.

Bullshit - she is in a radical communist district voted for by the radical leftists like StrawTwink  - that is why she is there 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 06:21:58 AM »

Bullshit - she is in a radical communist district voted for by the radical leftists like StrawTwink  - that is why she is there 

She is from California. California is crap. Enough said.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 08:42:18 AM »

Its a lot more serious and useful than FOX.

FOX pretends to be serious and flat out lies.

Stewart doesnt pretend to be serious but tells the truth.

Do you actually even watch fox news?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 07:48:58 AM »

Of course the repub party is in a civil war right now, and obviously that is a problem. But if you are going to deny that the vast majority of the MSM strongly favors liberal agendas

Thats because to favor the republican agenda they would have to flat out lie. FOX is the only station that doesnt have an issue with this.

, and has for a long, long time,  or suggest that Fox somehow all by itself can outweigh ALL THE REST OF THE MSM COMBINED just because their ratings are better than any one single liberal news channel, then it is you who is extremely delusional

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 08:59:53 AM »
One of the things I always liked about Stewart is that he doesn't hesitate one second to mock the left for their fuckups.  If anything he seems to be a little more aggressive against them when they screw up shit.  I also like how he conducts his interviews.  I've seen him lay out some hard ass questioning but still keep it from breaking down.  I'd rather hear his interview with whoever than the shit you get from MSM which is totally worthless.  Stewart is clearly left wing so you are gonna have that tilt, but at the same time, you're not gonna find anyone on the right that does what Stewart does and nails people to the wall he would normally agree with when they are fuckups.  I haven't always agreed with him but I respect what he's done all these years.  If that's bad, sorry...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 09:22:08 AM »
One of the things I always liked about Stewart is that he doesn't hesitate one second to mock the left for their fuckups.  If anything he seems to be a little more aggressive against them when they screw up shit.  I also like how he conducts his interviews.  I've seen him lay out some hard ass questioning but still keep it from breaking down.  I'd rather hear his interview with whoever than the shit you get from MSM which is totally worthless.  Stewart is clearly left wing so you are gonna have that tilt, but at the same time, you're not gonna find anyone on the right that does what Stewart does and nails people to the wall he would normally agree with when they are fuckups.  I haven't always agreed with him but I respect what he's done all these years.  If that's bad, sorry...

+1

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 01:49:34 PM »
One of the things I always liked about Stewart is that he doesn't hesitate one second to mock the left for their fuckups.  If anything he seems to be a little more aggressive against them when they screw up shit.  I also like how he conducts his interviews.  I've seen him lay out some hard ass questioning but still keep it from breaking down.  I'd rather hear his interview with whoever than the shit you get from MSM which is totally worthless.  Stewart is clearly left wing so you are gonna have that tilt, but at the same time, you're not gonna find anyone on the right that does what Stewart does and nails people to the wall he would normally agree with when they are fuckups.  I haven't always agreed with him but I respect what he's done all these years.  If that's bad, sorry...

A lot of people who don't watch his show tend to call him a liberal lapdog. 

once you watch it, ya realize what you said... He tears BOTH sides a new a**hole on a regular basis when they fck up.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »
A lot of people who don't watch his show tend to call him a liberal lapdog. 

once you watch it, ya realize what you said... He tears BOTH sides a new a**hole on a regular basis when they fck up.
he does go after liberals but not with the same consistency for anyone to deny he leans left if ignorant

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »
he does go after liberals but not with the same consistency for anyone to deny he leans left if ignorant

Do you watch it every night?   If this is the case, then surely the "right" has done analysis to show this?  He attacks both sides but "he's tougher on the republicans"?  Kinda vague.  Maybe they just do more boneheaded shit, if that's true?

It's hard to claim Stewart is a kneepadder if he "only" trashes Obama 45% of the time. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »
Do you watch it every night?   If this is the case, then surely the "right" has done analysis to show this?  He attacks both sides but "he's tougher on the republicans"?  Kinda vague.  Maybe they just do more boneheaded shit, if that's true?

It's hard to claim Stewart is a kneepadder if he "only" trashes Obama 45% of the time. 
again for anyone to deny that he leans left is ignorant, Hugo the person you quoted as being right said he leans left.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 05:03:15 PM »
again for anyone to deny that he leans left is ignorant, Hugo the person you quoted as being right said he leans left.

I dont think there is ANYONE in the media today that doesn't "lean" in any direction.  Doesn't mean they're not fair, right?   I would never call Bill OReilly a kneepadder - cause he does criticize the right from time to time.  Kneepadder = diehard, cawksucking nonstop for that side. 

If this isn't the case, then NOBODY in the media is "fair".   

So can we agree Stewart is NOT a kneepadder, but rather, a fair dude that leans left?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 05:04:34 PM »
I dont think there is ANYONE in the media today that doesn't "lean" in any direction.  Doesn't mean they're not fair, right?   I would never call Bill OReilly a kneepadder - cause he does criticize the right from time to time.  Kneepadder = diehard, cawksucking nonstop for that side. 

If this isn't the case, then NOBODY in the media is "fair".   

So can we agree Stewart is NOT a kneepadder, but rather, a fair dude that leans left?
if stewart is a fair guy that leans left, oreilly is a fair guy that leans right....

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 05:37:32 PM »
if stewart is a fair guy that leans left, oreilly is a fair guy that leans right....

False equivalency, imo.  To prove this to you, I propose we try to find the truth here:  I'll bet I can find 4 clips of O'Reilly being unfair for every one clip that you can find of Stewart being unfair.  We can use whatever standard of fairness/unfairness you want as long as it applies to both guys (because I'm very, very confident that dickhead O'Reilly loses this one big no matter how you define being unfair).

If as you say, both guys are fair but just have political leanings in the opposite directions, this should be easy for you to win since both have daily TV shows, right?  Let me know when you want to take your beating over this.  I'll be waiting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »

I agree BillO is a fair guy.   He does lean right, but he will admit when a repub is wrong.  He just chooses to spend more of his time dissing dems because that's what his employer (FOX) pays him for.  Same with Stwwart and most in media.

Levin... saying he will never admit anything Obama does correct, and criticizing romney for doing so, because "that's someone else's job to do"... well, I couldn't call him a FAIR person.  By his own admission, he will never admit anything obama does right.  He's not fair, and anyone who claims that is ignorant.  Maybe he's right, maybe he's awesome, maybe he's a cool cat, but he ain't fair in his coverage.

Rove, OReilly, Krauthammer, and a slew of other repubs and right-leaning pundits have BLAMED THE GOP for the shutdown.  Palin claimed obama won.  They're FAIR, and they lean right.  http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/10/04/after-admitting-gop-to-blame-for-shutdown-right/196281

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 05:43:31 PM »
She is from California. California is crap. Enough said.

Besides your overly intellectual contribution here (snort), you're wrong.  She did not come to California until she was 29 years old.

I'm from CA and don't know much about Nancy Pelosi but was pretty sure she wasn't from CA ---- and, per wikipedia, she's not.  She and her family are from Baltimore, Maryland where her dad was big political shit there.  Learn something new every day, huh?