Author Topic: So in string theory everything is attached by some sort of particle thingy  (Read 3260 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
and this attachement or string is a neutrino or something. and it can be seen under a microscope correct? this neutrino is a long string acts like a guitar string where you bang an object it will effect other objects on that string no matter how far away it is?
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
and this attachement or string is a neutrino or something. and it can be seen under a microscope correct? this neutrino is a long string acts like a guitar string where you bang an object it will effect other objects on that string no matter how far away it is?
Stop doing drugs. You were a top 5 all time Getbigger (physique wise)  You are just embarrasing yourself now.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Stop doing drugs. You were a top 5 all time Getbigger (physique wise)  You are just embarrasing yourself now.
lol so is my assement on string theory is common knowledge now?
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
lol so is my assement on string theory is common knowledge now?
Means you are now considered a gimmick.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Theoretical physics. I don't think the physicists themselves actually believe this shit; they just wanna write books about it.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Means you are now considered a gimmick.

dont you want to have a better understanding of string theory

this is in effect what they are saying. since everything IS sound and vibrations , that is a science fact

what string theory is saying all objects are at different notes on a "galactical guitar"

meaning i strike the guitar and it vibrates all the way down that string

asshole
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Theoretical physics. I don't think the physicists themselves actually believe this shit; they just wanna write books about it.

well thats what MIchu Kaku is saying

they say hes the next carl sagan

hes a smart guy. he had a fantastic show with art bell the other night on coast coast am , art bell was asking him some brilliant questions

A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
well thats what MIchu Kaku is saying

they say hes the next carl sagan

hes a smart guy. he had a fantastic show with art bell the other night on coast coast am , art bell was asking him some brilliant questions

Don't listen to Art Bell, Johnny. He's filling your head with nonsense.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Yes the string vibrations give rise to particles like musical notes on the skin flute.
follow the arrows

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Don't listen to Art Bell, Johnny. He's filling your head with nonsense.
he asks logical questions , hes not 'telling' the audience much of anything but is asking good questions
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: So in string theory everything is attached by some sort of particle thingy
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 07:48:09 PM »
he asks logical questions , hes not 'telling' the audience much of anything but is asking good questions

I'm just fucking with you. I know you like his kinda stuff.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »
If a vagina queefs and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »
A 'particle thingy' might be one way of describing it, but that's the one way I've never heard it described before.

JF, If you're really interested in this sort of 'stuff' you have to start at the basics of Quantum Mechanics which could be somewhat understandable if you follow my advice.

If you do follow this advice, I can guarantee you  that your mind will be blown into a different dimension ... sort  of like 'seeing stuff' that your mind could never conceive of before.

I have to admit that I'm the smartest one in a damn dumb family and it took me a couple of years to finish reading DANCING WU LI MASTERS which is supposed to be the easiest explanation of Quantum Mechanics .... and I have yet to find any other book that makes it as relatively 'simple but still spmewhat difficult'.

I suggest you find a copy and take your time and read it. Once you get pass page 64 (approximately) you will find yourself becoming fascinated by the "Dual Nature of Light " .... Is it a particle or is it a wave? And you'll find out that it depends on how you 'look' at it.

Could these light particles or waves somehow know how you are observing them and then 'react' in a way similar to how a wave or particle woulld 'react'. (This is explained more intelligently in the book.)

ANd, believe me, it gets much more interesting than what I've tried to say above. You'll be reading 'thingy' stuff you've never 'thunk' of before.

I suggest that you give that book a try and keep on re-reading it chapter by chapter until it becomes somewhat understandable.

And once you have partially mastered QM (no one has completely mastered it yet and most likely never will), you can really tax your mind and do your best in an attempt to understand the understandable parts of String Theory.

I have yet to locate any understandable part of that subject matter.

(You can download DANCING WU LI MASTERS free of charge somewhere on the internet. I'll try to pass you a link but it's better to read all about it from the book itself.)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »
JF and other GetBiggers (Ron too)..... Go here to download a copy of DANCING WU LI MASTERS.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/dancing_wulimasters.pdf

Your mind will be blown away by Quantum Mechanics but you gotta read it slow.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 09:38:32 PM »
JF and other GetBiggers (Ron too)..... Go here to download a copy of DANCING WU LI MASTERS.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/dancing_wulimasters.pdf

Your mind will be blown away by Quantum Mechanics but you gotta read it slow.

thanks man , i was hearing what you are saying how the particles react via the observer

such as the question . is the cat in the box dead or alive without opening it?

well the particles behave in such a way that the 'field' of particles around the box react the instant the box opens to reveal if the cat is alive or not'

basically we get no true indication and location of a partical until its observed .

this is kinda what they were saying , this is my best interpretation, would you care to add/follow up on this, it would be a great help for all using this example
A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 04:49:56 AM »
Sure, JF! I love this QM 'stuff' so I'll be glad to elaborate if I can convince my brain to start functioning again.

Give me a few days to re-think so that I don't pass you bogus stuff.

You mentioned Schroder's Cat .....Some QM 'experts' actually question the presence of that cat in that box ..... until you open it. (Something like ... Our observations create our reality.)

But is 'reality' itself even 'real'?

I'll do my best to explain that later .... but you gotta learn to crawl before you take that initial step which will eventually lead to a massive LEAP! into a very thought provoking subject.

Your idea of reality will change completely!

So once you crawl a few feet, you might be encouraged to read DANCING WU LI MASTERS.

I'll even recommend on which page to start as the first few  pages are somewhat boring and really not necessary to understand the subject matter.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 04:59:23 AM »

This. String Theory has yet to be proven, as has super string theory hence the name. I'm sure there are a handful of people that believe it, but in existence there has been maybe 3-4 people with the intellectual capacity to get closer to proving it.

Im sure SMM makes that list.........

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 05:43:33 AM »
I'd like to listen to Art Bell again, but I'm not springing for Sirius again. I had it and liked it, but it's just one more added cost I don't want to pay.

Falcon, are you paying for Sirius or listening to rebroadcasts online somewhere?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 11:47:39 AM »
JF, I'm in the process of preparing a document which I hope you will read in an effort to get you more interested in the subject of Quantum Mechanics enough to get the book (DANCING WU LI MAS TERS) or download it from the web and read it thoroughly. (I had to read each chapter at least 3 times before it even began to sink into my cranium.)

It's an extensive bit of BASIC MaTERIAL that should be understood before taking the giant leap into the vast unknown of QM as discussed in the above mentioned book.

I'll be sending  this 'basic stuff' to you personally and let you decide if you would like to repeat some of it or possibly even discuss some of it on this GetBig Board.

A few GetBiggers may also be interested and no one has to be a genius to get some idea of the basics of QM.

If I post the entire 'thing' I think some Getbiggers would hang me till dead .... and for the most part .... I would not blame them.

Once again, I'll be sending you BASIC QM info with the hope that this basic stuff will encourage you do commit to some serious reading and eventually become the GetBig QM Intelligensia ... or is it Intelligensium?

Let me know if this is OK with you.

Thanks, Stunt

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 11:49:26 AM »
You're rapidly losing your marbles.

Hope this helps.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 02:58:02 PM »
I'd like to listen to Art Bell again, but I'm not springing for Sirius again. I had it and liked it, but it's just one more added cost I don't want to pay.

Falcon, are you paying for Sirius or listening to rebroadcasts online somewhere?
just search coast to coast am for october 2013 alot of the new shit is up with art bell

i was always used to george noory. but george is very plain and ordinary and doesnt challenge the guest much
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 02:59:38 PM »
JF, I'm in the process of preparing a document which I hope you will read in an effort to get you more interested in the subject of Quantum Mechanics enough to get the book (DANCING WU LI MAS TERS) or download it from the web and read it thoroughly. (I had to read each chapter at least 3 times before it even began to sink into my cranium.)

It's an extensive bit of BASIC MaTERIAL that should be understood before taking the giant leap into the vast unknown of QM as discussed in the above mentioned book.

I'll be sending  this 'basic stuff' to you personally and let you decide if you would like to repeat some of it or possibly even discuss some of it on this GetBig Board.

A few GetBiggers may also be interested and no one has to be a genius to get some idea of the basics of QM.

If I post the entire 'thing' I think some Getbiggers would hang me till dead .... and for the most part .... I would not blame them.

Once again, I'll be sending you BASIC QM info with the hope that this basic stuff will encourage you do commit to some serious reading and eventually become the GetBig QM Intelligensia ... or is it Intelligensium?

Let me know if this is OK with you.

Thanks, Stunt

lets focus on the question if we may now bro. about the cat sense you are familiar

so what is the deal. does everything suddenly change in the "feild" such as photons and atoms the moment you reveal the cat is alive or dead?
A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »
JF, OK ... sticking to the question/subject at hand.

Here's one relatively simple explanation that is posted on the internet about Schrodinger's Cat ....but throwing this at you without some basic info about QM may tend to be a bit confusing.

But give is a GOI anyway!

Schrödinger's cat is a famous illustration of the principle in quantum theory of superposition, proposed by Erwin Schrödinger in 1935. Schrödinger's cat serves to demonstrate the apparent conflict between what quantum theory tells us is true about the nature and behavior of matter on the microscopic level and what we observe to be true about the nature and behavior of matter on the macroscopic level -- everything visible to the unaided human eye.

Here's Schrödinger's (theoretical) experiment: We place a living cat into a steel chamber, along with a device containing a vial of hydrocyanic acid. There is, in the chamber, a very small amount of hydrocyanic acid, a radioactive substance. If even a single atom of the substance decays during the test period, a relay mechanism will trip a hammer, which will, in turn, break the vial and kill the cat.

The observer cannot know whether or not an atom of the substance has decayed, and consequently, cannot know whether the vial has been broken, the hydrocyanic acid released, and the cat killed. Since we cannot know, according to quantum law, the cat is both dead and alive, in what is called a superposition of states. It is only when we break open the box and learn the condition of the cat that the superposition is lost, and the cat becomes one or the other (dead or alive). This situation is sometimes called quantum indeterminacy or the observer's paradox: the observation or measurement itself affects an outcome, so that the outcome as such does not exist unless the measurement is made. (That is, there is no single outcome unless it is observed.)

We know that superposition actually occurs at the subatomic level, because there are observable effects of interference, in which a single particle is demonstrated to be in multiple locations simultaneously. What that fact implies about the nature of reality on the observable level (cats, for example, as opposed to electrons) is one of the stickiest areas of quantum physics. Schrödinger himself is rumored to have said, later in life, that he wished he had never met that cat.

This help or not???

But there is so much more that preceeds this damn cat and the box he may or may not be dead or alive in.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
what the fuck is going on in here
follow the arrows

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
Haider, QM ,,,, Most likely the toughest part of PHYSICS to understand until you attempt to tackle String Theory.

Doing my best to respond to JF's interest.